Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings won't practice outdoors

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Saturday night at Lambeau Field easily will be the coldest game of kicker Blair Walsh's career.
    If anything, you'd think they'd have Walsh attempting kicks in the cold elements.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Sat
    Jan 5
    Few Snow Showers
    CHANCE OF SNOW:
    30%

WIND:
    W at 13 mph
    Going to be a cold one, but not ice bowl cold.

I guess I kind of understand frazier's point. The footing on the outdoor practice fields would be dangerous since it hasn't been cleared off in weeks. It takes a while to get them back into playing shape if that is the case.

My question is WHY haven't they been kept clear of snow? It really wouldn't have been that much money to keep them up to prepare for a playoff game, especially since we knew that more than likely we would be playing GB again if we made the playoffs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Going to be a cold one, but not ice bowl cold.

I guess I kind of understand frazier's point. The footing on the outdoor practice fields would be dangerous since it hasn't been cleared off in weeks. It takes a while to get them back into playing shape if that is the case.

My question is WHY haven't they been kept clear of snow? It really wouldn't have been that much money to keep them up to prepare for a playoff game, especially since we knew that more than likely we would be playing GB again if we made the playoffs.
    The ground would still be frozen, which is also dangerous. They use heaters at Lambeau to thaw the field before the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The ground would still be frozen, which is also dangerous. They use heaters at Lambeau to thaw the field before the game.
    Good point.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Road Trip to Soldier Field? Not like the Bears will need it, it should be in condition to play.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Road Trip to Soldier Field? Not like the Bears will need it, it should be in condition to play.
    lol. Soldier Field is barely in condition to play during the regular season... worst playing surface in the NFL
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    lol. Soldier Field is barely in condition to play during the regular season... worst playing surface in the NFL
    Pittsburgh can probably give it a run for its money.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Playing in the cold is an exercise in mental toughness. I don't think you are going to adapt to the cold in a practice or two.
    BTW, Rodgers is a California boy who really hasn't played a great deal in the cold despite playing in Green Bay.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Playing in the cold is an exercise in mental toughness. I don't think you are going to adapt to the cold in a practice or two.
    BTW, Rodgers is a California boy who really hasn't played a great deal in the cold despite playing in Green Bay.
    Like Favre though, I think Rodgers actually has very good numbers in cold weather. Probably due more to the advantage the receivers have on a slippery field. Also, his mobility is aided as well compared to the pass rushers who have a hard time recovering from a bad cut.

Nobody likes getting hit in the cold though (accept maybe AD), especially a guy who grew up in sunny Cali. I think he needs to get hit and hit often if we are to stay in this game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast