Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 151
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Vikings won't make Ponder compete for job

    Vikings won't make Ponder compete for job

    Vikings won't make Ponder compete for job

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    That's good. Let him be comfortable and not worry about a guy creeping up behind him.... as is the Vikings way

  3. #3
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540
    He was out-played by Joe Webb last year. They had the same completion percentage (54%), Ponder had a higher INT%, Webb had a higher QB rating and only had one win less than Ponder, despite starting only 2 games to Ponder's 10.

    Webb also had 154 yards and 2 TDs on the ground. To say he ads another dimension to this offense is an understatement.

    It's not a good sign when coaches assign a starter without evaluating talent... seems to be the MO in Minnesota though.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 06-22-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #4
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Vikings won't make Ponder compete for job

    Vikings won't make Ponder compete for job
    No surprise in the slightest, they handed him the #2 spot at the start of last year when he'd done squat in pre season to even remotely warrant it. This is their guy, they went all-in on a massive reach with the 12th overall pick, they will do everything to prove that they didn't drop the ball on this one.

  5. #5
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    He was out-played by Joe Webb last year. They had the same completion percentage (54%), Ponder had a higher INT%, Webb had a higher QB rating and only had one win less than Ponder, despite starting only 2 games to Ponder's 10.

    Webb also had 154 yards and 2 TDs on the ground. To say he ads another dimension to this offense is an understatement.

    It's not a good sign when coaches assign a starter without evaluating talent... seems to be the MO in Minnesota though.
    Don't forget Webb was about 2 yards and a missed facemask penalty from having another comeback win vs. the Lions as well...

  6. #6
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Don't forget Webb was about 2 yards and a missed facemask penalty from having another comeback win vs. the Lions as well...
    Yeah, it's pretty clear who the better football player is of the two. For some reason our coaches have trouble seeing that, they have since 2006.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty clear who the better football player is of the two. For some reason our coaches have trouble seeing that, they have since 2006.
    Remember the good old Tice vs. Chilly arguments that were had here?


    Ahh.. brings me back.

  8. #8
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    He was out-played by Joe Webb last year. They had the same completion percentage (54%), Ponder had a higher INT%, Webb had a higher QB rating and only had one win less than Ponder, despite starting only 2 games to Ponder's 10.

    Webb also had 154 yards and 2 TDs on the ground. To say he ads another dimension to this offense is an understatement.

    It's not a good sign when coaches assign a starter without evaluating talent... seems to be the MO in Minnesota though.
    I'd assume they had evaluated the talent, else there would have been no need to draft Ponder in the first instance and thereby 'waste' that pick. Still always good to see the fanbase willing to give the rookie the benefit of the doubt especially after an almost non existent off season when you'd expect him to be on a steep learning curve. Instead his learning curve was the regular season.
    You think Webb would have put up numbers like that through 10 games when teams would have been planning for him. Thats the beauty of being the backup, you're overlooked by the opposition and the fanbase favourite when the team isn't doing well.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Remember the good old Tice vs. Chilly arguments that were had here?


    Ahh.. brings me back.
    Remember the "Eminem is a Genius" thread? Haha... that was great.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Atta boy,. Chiller. v Stick to your guns. Jackson will pan out. You'll make them all see how brilliant you are with your KAO!!





    huh?





    What's that?




    Oh crap, I was having flashbacks.....




    PTCD - Post Traumatic Chiller Disorder. It triggers whenever something incredibly stupid is done by a Head Coach of the Vikings.






    I expect it to trigger a lot this season....

    Caine

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •