Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Gotta be Manning. No doubt about it.

    Take Manning off the Colts and they are the Bengals

  3. #3
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Andre Johnson, Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Julius Peppers, Adrian Peterson, Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Darrelle Revis.

    Darrelle Revis
    Julius Peppers
    Ed Reed
    Troy polamalu
    Andre Johnson
    Drew Brees
    Ray Lewis
    Adrian Peterson
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady(not close, 36td to 4int in 2010)

  4. #4
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player


    ...gotta be Jackson. He's never done anything wrong (It's always been someone else's fault) and he's LOADED with potential....


    Peterson is ok....I guess....

    Caine

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1099821

    ...gotta be Jackson. He's never done anything wrong (It's always been someone else's fault) and he's LOADED with potential....


    Peterson is ok....I guess....

    Caine
    LOL, well played my friend.

    You know I don't put much credit into these things but I was listening to NFLN and you gotta believe it will either be Manning (not Eli) or Brady.

    Regardless of who it is, I will say this though, the guys that are still left are great to watch and if your a fan of the game, you will agree that it has been great to live in a time were we have so many "Great Ones" to watch.

    On a side note. My vote would go for Brady. The way they recreated their offense last year was nothing short of amazing. I don't care how great a coaching job it was, it wouldn't have worked without a damn fine QB under center.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    There are a few that I feel are deserving. IMHO Brady and Manning are right there but I also look at guys like Brees and what he has done for a routinely failing franchise and Rivers who continues to put up big numbers even though he seems to have a new coach and new offense every year.

    On the defensive side of the ball you have to look at Ray Lewis who has been a combination coach and player for the Ravens and has made that defense every bit as consistently good as the Pats or Colts offense over the past decade.

    But as much as I hate to say it the best player last year was probably Rodgers due to the number of yards he threw for and how he rallied his team through the playoffs and into the SB.

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099844
    But as much as I hate to say it the best player last year was probably Rodgers due to the number of yards he threw for.
    he threw for 3900 yards

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099844
    There are a few that I feel are deserving. IMHO Brady and Manning are right there but I also look at guys like Brees and what he has done for a routinely failing franchise and Rivers who continues to put up big numbers even though he seems to have a new coach and new offense every year.

    On the defensive side of the ball you have to look at Ray Lewis who has been a combination coach and player for the Ravens and has made that defense every bit as consistently good as the Pats or Colts offense over the past decade.

    But as much as I hate to say it the best player last year was probably Rodgers due to the number of yards he threw for and how he rallied his team through the playoffs and into the SB.
    Good stuff.

    I like Brees but the reason they are successful there is because of their D-coord.

    Not a Lewis fan anymore. The whole "Murder" thing just rubbed me the wrong way and I can't seem to let that one go. Play on the field, however, probably one of the best LB'rs I've ever seen play the game.

    The Rodgers comment has alot of validity, not so much with respect to yards, but what the team did when he went down.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099717
    Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Andre Johnson, Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Julius Peppers, Adrian Peterson, Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Darrelle Revis.

    Darrelle Revis
    Julius Peppers
    Ed Reed
    Troy polamalu
    Andre Johnson
    Drew Brees
    Ray Lewis
    Adrian Peterson
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady(not close, 36td to 4int in 2010)
    results are in:

    Julius Pepers
    drew brees
    darrelle revis
    andre johnson
    troy polamalu
    ed reed
    ray lewis
    adrian peterson
    peyton manning
    tom brady

    I got the top 4 correct.

    http://top100.nfl.com/

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings' Winfield says Peterson NFL's top player

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099851

    The Rodgers comment has alot of validity, not so much with respect to yards, but what the team did when he went down.
    The thing about Rogers, is look at what happened when he was hurt.

    They were a botched two-minute drive away from knocking off the Pats for the first time in a LOOOOONG time at home. Flynn's inexperience costed them, but their TEAM carried him to a position where he could seal a win. Maybe Rogers cashes in and they win, but really, I'm not so sure how much of Rogers success I can attribute to just him, vs. having an actually good team around him.

    There are QB's out there who have done equal or more with less to work with.

    I mean, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Finley(hurt). Even I could complete passes throwing to them.

    You then have guys like Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. who make very average receivers look good. Stick Collie, Garcon, Henderson, etc. on different teams, and I bet they don't get nearly the production.

Similar Threads

  1. Dungy to lead NFL's new Player Advisory Forum
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 09:15 AM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
  3. NFL's top 99 player rankings for '09
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 05:09 PM
  4. Vikings on KFAN - Interviews with Peterson, Birk, & Winfield
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 06:00 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •