Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    128

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    I wonder what his complaint is.
    Maybe Winfield is mad that we didn’t draft Quinn or maybe he doesn’t like/agree with the new DC?
    It would be nice to get him settled in and address the problem. Either he plays or we get rid of him!

    Hopefully this doesn’t drag out and screw with the defensive plans. He is such a key player.
    This is a great time for him to step in and show his leadership and help motivate the rookies.
    It all starts up front

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    "LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    I wonder what his complaint is.
    Maybe Winfield is mad that we didn’t draft Quinn or maybe he doesn’t like/agree with the new DC?
    It would be nice to get him settled in and address the problem. Either he plays or we get rid of him!

    Hopefully this doesn’t drag out and screw with the defensive plans. He is such a key player.
    This is a great time for him to step in and show his leadership and help motivate the rookies.
    All kinds of articles and discussions out there.

    Some believe it is over his contract, some believe it is because we haven't made the playoffs, some believe it is because of how a few players have been/were treated.

    Ultimately though until he speaks we just don't know.

    I believe one of these articles Singer has posted, has stuff in there from his agent who says he will be at todays camp.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    128

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    I wonder what his complaint is.
    Maybe Winfield is mad that we didn’t draft Quinn or maybe he doesn’t like/agree with the new DC?
    It would be nice to get him settled in and address the problem. Either he plays or we get rid of him!

    Hopefully this doesn’t drag out and screw with the defensive plans. He is such a key player.
    This is a great time for him to step in and show his leadership and help motivate the rookies.
    All kinds of articles and discussions out there.

    Some believe it is over his contract, some believe it is because we haven't made the playoffs, some believe it is because of how a few players have been/were treated.

    Ultimately though until he speaks we just don't know.

    I believe one of these articles Singer has posted, has stuff in there from his agent who says he will be at todays camp.
    Yea, I've read most of the articles but with no real explanation. All articles are speculation except for his agent saying he will be at mini-camp. He really needs to clear this up with Childress and get down to business.
    It all starts up front

  4. #14
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    "LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    I wonder what his complaint is.
    Maybe Winfield is mad that we didn’t draft Quinn or maybe he doesn’t like/agree with the new DC?
    It would be nice to get him settled in and address the problem. Either he plays or we get rid of him!

    Hopefully this doesn’t drag out and screw with the defensive plans. He is such a key player.
    This is a great time for him to step in and show his leadership and help motivate the rookies.
    All kinds of articles and discussions out there.

    Some believe it is over his contract, some believe it is because we haven't made the playoffs, some believe it is because of how a few players have been/were treated.

    Ultimately though until he speaks we just don't know.

    I believe one of these articles Singer has posted, has stuff in there from his agent who says he will be at todays camp.
    Yea, I've read most of the articles but with no real explanation. All articles are speculation except for his agent saying he will be at mini-camp. He really needs to clear this up with Childress and get down to business.
    It has always been my policy that when I can't figure something out look for the money, the answer is usually there.

  5. #15
    VikesFan787's Avatar
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    888

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    Good. One of the top players on the team.
    814


  6. #16
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    I can't believe this thread still exists. This is not a big deal at all. Look at the Cowboys for example:

    Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn reportedly weren't at Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this week.

    The team's new coordinator can't be thrilled, but it's not a huge story. Julius Jones, Jason Ferguson, DeMarcus Ware, and Roy Williams have also all missed at least one of the voluntary sessions this week.
    Source: ESPN.com
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    "V" wrote:
    I can't believe this thread still exists. This is not a big deal at all. Look at the Cowboys for example:

    Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn reportedly weren't at Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this week.

    The team's new coordinator can't be thrilled, but it's not a huge story. Julius Jones, Jason Ferguson, DeMarcus Ware, and Roy Williams have also all missed at least one of the voluntary sessions this week.
    Source: ESPN.com
    Neither were several other Vikings.
    The difference is that Winfield didn't tell anyone that he wasn't going to be there. He just didn't show.
    Didn't offer any explanation or anything.

    And yes, I know, these OTAs are "voluntary".
    :
    And every other member of the Vikings team either decided to go or talked to Coach Childress about missing it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From the last article Singer posted:
    In any event, expect the hard-hitting sure-tackler to be back on board as training camp arrives. If not, Dovonte Edwards could get his big opportunity, and that may not be such a bad thing for the Vikings.
    Edwards may get his big opportunity anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Winfield starting after training camp.
    (Unless Doss is moved to CB).
    Wow.
    Already over Ced Griffin, are we?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    6-KINGS's Avatar
    6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    569

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    Mini-camp is for new guys in my opinion.
    Let the Vets stay away so the coaches can focus on new blood.
    Not to mention the newbies won't be exposed to all the Veteran Whining and massive mood swings they have.
    Better for over all morale.

    IMO
    6

    "VICTORY IS MINE!"

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From the last article Singer posted:
    In any event, expect the hard-hitting sure-tackler to be back on board as training camp arrives. If not, Dovonte Edwards could get his big opportunity, and that may not be such a bad thing for the Vikings.
    Edwards may get his big opportunity anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Winfield starting after training camp.
    (Unless Doss is moved to CB).
    Wow.
    Already over Ced Griffin, are we?

    =Z=
    Nope, still a big fan of Griffin.
    I think those two will be battling it out for the other starting spot and I honestly don't know which one will win.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brees’ 6 TDs ensure Saints march past Lions
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 07:23 PM
  2. Replies: 304
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 06:49 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM
  5. All is well now with Vikings, Winfield
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 09:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •