Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Vikings: Winfield can ensure happy minicampers

I wonder what his complaint is.
    Maybe Winfield is mad that we didn’t draft Quinn or maybe he doesn’t like/agree with the new DC?
    It would be nice to get him settled in and address the problem. Either he plays or we get rid of him!

Hopefully this doesn’t drag out and screw with the defensive plans. He is such a key player.
    This is a great time for him to step in and show his leadership and help motivate the rookies.
    It all starts up front

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    Maybe Winfield is mad that we didn’t draft Quinn or maybe he doesn’t like/agree with the new DC?
    It would be nice to get him settled in and address the problem. Either he plays or we get rid of him!

Hopefully this doesn’t drag out and screw with the defensive plans. He is such a key player.
    This is a great time for him to step in and show his leadership and help motivate the rookies.
    All kinds of articles and discussions out there.

Some believe it is over his contract, some believe it is because we haven't made the playoffs, some believe it is because of how a few players have been/were treated.

Ultimately though until he speaks we just don't know.

I believe one of these articles Singer has posted, has stuff in there from his agent who says he will be at todays camp.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

Some believe it is over his contract, some believe it is because we haven't made the playoffs, some believe it is because of how a few players have been/were treated.

I believe one of these articles Singer has posted, has stuff in there from his agent who says he will be at todays camp.
    Yea, I've read most of the articles but with no real explanation. All articles are speculation except for his agent saying he will be at mini-camp. He really needs to clear this up with Childress and get down to business.
    It all starts up front

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:

Yea, I've read most of the articles but with no real explanation. All articles are speculation except for his agent saying he will be at mini-camp. He really needs to clear this up with Childress and get down to business.
    It has always been my policy that when I can't figure something out look for the money, the answer is usually there.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Good. One of the top players on the team.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I can't believe this thread still exists. This is not a big deal at all. Look at the Cowboys for example:

Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn reportedly weren't at Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this week.

The team's new coordinator can't be thrilled, but it's not a huge story. Julius Jones, Jason Ferguson, DeMarcus Ware, and Roy Williams have also all missed at least one of the voluntary sessions this week.
    Source: ESPN.com
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    I can't believe this thread still exists. This is not a big deal at all. Look at the Cowboys for example:

Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn reportedly weren't at Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this week.

The team's new coordinator can't be thrilled, but it's not a huge story. Julius Jones, Jason Ferguson, DeMarcus Ware, and Roy Williams have also all missed at least one of the voluntary sessions this week.
    Source: ESPN.com
    Neither were several other Vikings.
    The difference is that Winfield didn't tell anyone that he wasn't going to be there. He just didn't show.
    Didn't offer any explanation or anything.

And yes, I know, these OTAs are "voluntary".
    :
    And every other member of the Vikings team either decided to go or talked to Coach Childress about missing it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    From the last article Singer posted:
    In any event, expect the hard-hitting sure-tackler to be back on board as training camp arrives. If not, Dovonte Edwards could get his big opportunity, and that may not be such a bad thing for the Vikings.
    Edwards may get his big opportunity anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Winfield starting after training camp.
    (Unless Doss is moved to CB).
    Wow.
    Already over Ced Griffin, are we?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Mini-camp is for new guys in my opinion.
    Let the Vets stay away so the coaches can focus on new blood.
    Not to mention the newbies won't be exposed to all the Veteran Whining and massive mood swings they have.
    Better for over all morale.

IMO

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From the last article Singer posted:
    In any event, expect the hard-hitting sure-tackler to be back on board as training camp arrives. If not, Dovonte Edwards could get his big opportunity, and that may not be such a bad thing for the Vikings.
    Edwards may get his big opportunity anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Winfield starting after training camp.
    (Unless Doss is moved to CB).
    Wow.
    Already over Ced Griffin, are we?

=Z=
    Nope, still a big fan of Griffin.
    I think those two will be battling it out for the other starting spot and I honestly don't know which one will win.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast