Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vikings win SuperBowl XXXIII!!!

Damn Turboe I woulda killed somebody
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    It's still hard for me to swallow to this day, but i thought we would have matched up very well with the Broncos back in "98"
    and in my heart, I thought for sure that was going to be our Championship Year...

I actually cried and didn't talk to anyone for like 3 days after that loss to the Falcons.... > :'(
    Whats worse is I was watching that game in a sports bar here that was 75% falcons fans, 5% Vikings fans, and 20% disinterested.
    So I had to put up with that crap, plus when I got up from the bar I had to get in my car and drive straight down to Atlanta as I had a dinner scheduled with a customer down there that night, and a conferance I had to attend right down there in the heart of downtown Atlanta for 2-3 days and I had to put up with all their civic pride crap.

Every business had their "Go Falcons" signs up everywhere.

It was three of the most nausiating days you could imagine.

, thanks for the story Turboe, next time I think of the game now I won't be quite as depressed.
    I'll just think of what you had to endure.
    Takin' the pain for a Vikings bro.
    8)
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

It's all just one more chapter in a large book called "The Cursed Vikings". I'm still not over the Drew Pearson push-off.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Man that sucked. I know it doesn't make sense, but it was so hard seeing that being that was the 1st season I started being a diehard fan. I was ssssooooooo pissed! I ended up getting into a full out brawl with two of my cousins because I wouldn't stop throwing stuff and cussing. I think I would be able to handle it better now. Probably not, but it hurt worse being the 1st year.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Man that sucked. I know it doesn't make sense, but it was so hard seeing that being that was the 1st season I started being a diehard fan. I was ssssooooooo pissed! I ended up getting into a full out brawl with two of my cousins because I wouldn't stop throwing stuff and cussing. I think I would be able to handle it better now. Probably not, but it hurt worse being the 1st year.
    Nope.
    I'd been a die hard fan for almost two decades at that point, and it still hurt pretty bad.

The funny part is I was in Kuwait at the time and armed with an M16A2 and 120 rounds... For some reason nobody thought it wise to make jokes about the Vikings losing that night...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

viking14 is offline Waterboy

that was great team. i think we would have beat the broncos. we would win the super bowl this year if we had wide outs like we did that year.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That was one of the hardest days in my life. Going from a first half (first 29 minutes) of jubilation, to a second half of decency to the OT field goal. A definite roller coaster ride. Then to watch the Falcons get shellacked in the super bowl just made me sick!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Somebody should do the 2001 team against the Ravens. I'm sure we would have lost super bowl #5, that Ravens team was so dang good, well their D anyways!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12