Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Well I learned to never bet against your team! That great win kicked me out of my survivor league. I figured it would be a win win situation anyway. That win was well worth the $20!

Gotta give the whole team credit for that one. Ponder played great ball the whole game; something I wanted to see! Besides the idiotic ref. mistakes and Gerharts ability to hang onto the damn ball, I couldn't be happier.

Who would've thunk the vikings would start the season with a better record than the Pats and Aints?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    The 49ers found themselves struggling in Minnesota on Sunday, unable to move the football consistently or stretch the Vikings’ defense through the air. It was precisely the situation San Francisco added Randy Moss for, right?
    Apparently not.
    Moss, despite making three catches for 27 yards earlier in the game, spent the fourth quarter of San Francisco’s 24-13 loss on the sidelines, while QB Alex Smith repeatedly looked for Mario Manningham — the other free agent wide receiver brought in by the 49ers this summer, in hopes of sparking an underwhelming passing attack.
    Moss’s fourth-quarter benching was made all the more noteworthy by the fact that it came in Minnesota, sight of some of Moss’s greatest years in the NFL.
    Randy Moss benched in 49ers’ loss | Audibles

Two questions....

1. Can we all finally admit he is done?

if not.....

2. Can we admit that our DB's looked pretty good when the DL put consistent pressure on the QB?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Why so harsh?

2 of the fumbles were clearly after the whistle blew. I bet if I put your butt in there and you were being bent double over backwards (and you heard it being blown) you'd let go of it as well.

Besides, I'm wondering what you were thinking of him when he came in and converted on a the following key plays:

3rd-2, MIN41 0:44 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the left for 6 yard gain
    3rd-10, MIN47 0:26 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the right for 14 yard gain
    2nd-3, MIN37 5:59 T. Gerhart rushed to the left for 9 yard gain
    San Francisco at Minnesota | Sunday September 23, 2012 | NFL - Yahoo! Sports

In the end, just like all players, they are going to have issues but to vent on him like that is a bit out of the norm don't you think?
    What's the definition of insanity again...something about continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.

Good to see you out of the closet again. Your relentless defense of your assertions should bring the boards back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    What's the definition of insanity again...something about continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.

Good to see you out of the closet again. Your relentless defense of your assertions should bring the boards back to life.
    So you think he was right about Toby?

I do agree to a point, but I blame the coaching staff and the refs (yes, very seldom do I hack on them) more than I do Toby.

Refs......How in the heck can it be a fumble after the whistle blows?

Coaches....If a players is fumbling (The did it right after Percy recovered AD's) you give it to him again to show confidence and hope and pray he doesn't back to back fumble. If he does, you pull his ass and put the other guy back on the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So you think he was right about Toby?

I do agree to a point, but I blame the coaching staff and the refs (yes, very seldom do I hack on them) more than I do Toby.

Refs......How in the heck can it be a fumble after the whistle blows?

Coaches....If a players is fumbling (The did it right after Percy recovered AD's) you give it to him again to show confidence and hope and pray he doesn't back to back fumble. If he does, you pull his ass and put the other guy back on the field.
    Toby lost the ball on 3 consecutive plays. Whether they happened after the whistle or not, he was clearing having a hard time hanging on to the ball.

I don't understand why Frazier didn't take this guy out of the game, especially after the second fumble. I can understand giving him another shot, especially after the debacle that ensued on the first one. But why give it to him the 3rd time? This not only hurts the team's chances of winning the game, it hurts Toby. Why would you want to defend Toby on that?

They decided AD was done, and that was that.

I havent had a chance to post in a while.....but I might as well take the opportunity after the win over the 49ers! I live near the bay area and work with many 49er fans. After week one, they started their superbowl talk! They gave me crap all week leading up to the game. THANK YOU VIKES! You made my Monday morning! I pulled a recipe for crow off the internet and handed it out to everyone that game me crap all week!

SKOL Everyone
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    Well I learned to never bet against your team! That great win kicked me out of my survivor league. I figured it would be a win win situation anyway. That win was well worth the $20!

Gotta give the whole team credit for that one. Ponder played great ball the whole game; something I wanted to see! Besides the idiotic ref. mistakes and Gerharts ability to hang onto the damn ball, I couldn't be happier.

Who would've thunk the vikings would start the season with a better record than the Pats and Aints?
    And Pukers!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Toby lost the ball on 3 consecutive plays. Whether they happened after the whistle or not, he was clearing having a hard time hanging on to the ball.

I don't understand why Frazier didn't take this guy out of the game, especially after the second fumble. I can understand giving him another shot, especially after the debacle that ensued on the first one. But why give it to him the 3rd time? This not only hurts the team's chances of winning the game, it hurts Toby. Why would you want to defend Toby on that?

They decided AD was done, and that was that.
    I'm not defending anyone. Just wanted to see who you blamed. Coaches or the player.

In the end, I'm leaning towards the coaches. It isn't like they didn't have options at RB. Could have put Percy back there or even let the FB run it.

Course most on here think I stickup for Toby to much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikefanman2000 View Post
    I havent had a chance to post in a while.....but I might as well take the opportunity after the win over the 49ers! I live near the bay area and work with many 49er fans. After week one, they started their superbowl talk! They gave me crap all week leading up to the game. THANK YOU VIKES! You made my Monday morning! I pulled a recipe for crow off the internet and handed it out to everyone that game me crap all week!

SKOL Everyone
    Good to see you back old friend. Going into the game I had 49rs fans emailing/visiting/calling me all week leading up to the game..

Strange....haven't heard a peep all week out of them, Saints fans or PUKER fans......Course I hunted them down..........Love talking football smack.

Been a good week for it.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    In hindsight, after seeing what hurt the Niners laid on the Jets yesterday, it's pretty obvious that they overlooked us, even coming to our house. That loss PISSED THEM OFF.

Not to take anything away from our boys, they played great for the most part and really brought it.
    The coaching staff and team leaders must have (deservedly) lit into the players after the Colts debacle. The biggest difference? What is it that I've been harping on since early last season? DISCIPLINE! It makes so much difference, truly.

I'll maker my comments on the Lions game in that thread, but suffice it to say I am very pleased with what I've seen out of the Vikings these past two weeks, and am looking forward to more of the same in weeks to come.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345