Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50
  1. #31
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,543
    ok.. after the rush breakdown

    O - Musty wasn't rusty!! great evolution.. some key plays to PH, Kyle.. even our non-nfl starts wr's stepped up when they were targeted. there was a couple things i was confused on.. but if I had AP.. and needed a couple yards.. sure use him.. he did go from the what 8 to the 1.. 4 downs.. why not bulldoze it in.. really glad for the call on 4th. showed gutz, confidence (really with a blitz we might have gotten a saftey had it not gone in), overall i'm happy with the coaching on the O.. 1 penalty (prolly was 2 or 3 more that the ref's didn't see). and for all those who say they can't stand the dink/dunk.. 16 plays on the opening drive.. and the time eating drives throughout.. it might not be as exciting as seeing a 40-50 yrd bomb.. but i'll take it!

    Ponder.. GREAT.. and i mean GREAT focus!!! there's a lot of crow to eat if he keeps this up, i heard one of the anal-ytests say.. MN has found their QB. well so far I can't find a reason to say havn't.

    AP Rushing vs what was supposed to be THE rush D.. wish he woulda gotten over 100.. he was close to breaking a few open.. maybe had he run those last ones instead of TB. but his total touches is raising and soon he'll be the full package we need him to be!! that catch and extra push to get the 1st was PURE AD!!!btw did anyone notice the key block AP threw on Ponders TD run?

    Percy !#$%# damn this kid is fast!! just all over doing whatever he could do to help.. what more can you ask of him.

    Kyle well.. he's setting that bar really high for JohnC to come in and prove the value he's demanded. the fact that Ponder knew he'd catch that pass and him to do it 1 handed.. just wow..

    WR's a couple drops but on the most part they caught was was catchable and we kept moving.

    Oline - 95% of the things i read leading up to the game said this was gonna be a overly matched line battle. SF's MEAN MEAN front 7 would terrorize the vikes Oline.. well... that didn't happen!! sure we didn't overly destroy them. but it was a long hard faught game. kudos!!


    D - if this was game planned .. holy shite what a difference! guys stepped up, played with heart and self control. turnover battle was won.. even with TB's fluke string of fumbles.. there were times i was saying to Dad.. well here's were we generally fall apart.. but we didn't.. infact. wtf 4th qtr production from sf was.. nullified!!

    Greenway man o man.. everywhere, in control and knowing exactly what he had to do. btw that first sack of Smith was... beautiful!!!!

    winny was beat a few times. but also came up large with his brand of run stopping

    Dline - great work across the board. holding Gore and keeping preasure on smith.

    LB's much better with the blitz disguises, far better run and pass defending. some crucial plays kept us in the lead!

    cb's Cook.. is really showing he belongs, JR broke the no int monkey!! good game.. though i think way to much space was given to Moss.. though we wern't really burned for long plays, we got very very lucky on some of those overthrows and drops from their wr's.

    Safety after mistackle came out.. we kept playing like 2 starters.. sure the rook made a couple miscues.. coulda helped more on that pass to the 1.. but some big plays and key stops!



    Special Teams..
    - walsh.. clutch in the FG.. flubbed a few of those kickoffs..
    - Punting big K did what we needed him to do..
    - SPT .. mistackles were rampent.. toss'd our great avg out the window..
    FG block !!! WOOHOOOO that's 1 xp, and 1 fg so far this year!!



    the officiating of this game was a joke all around.. many mis calls.. no calls.. for and against us.. though i wouldn't complain it's becoming an issue.. the refs don't know the rules.. can't determine with accuracy a standard play type.. i thin they had 5 flags were they didn't know the number of the guy who did it.. (as evident the ref didn't call a #) i'll stick with the thought that.. ref's don't win/loos games.. if your at the point where one call makes or breaks you.. you didn't play well enouf to win.

    all in all.. WHAT A WIN!! this should put all those overly ego'd wanna be intelligent broadcasters/anal-ytests/nfl guru's upside down.. can we say upset of the week????

    ohh.. i bet detroit is now saying... ohh crap.. here come the vikes.. instead of.. at least this week it's the vikes..


    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  2. #32
    VikeCane305's Avatar
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    97
    We just need to go ahead and pay Harvin whatever he wants. Give him 4 year, 40 million dollar deal now! This dude goes to war for us every sunday. Vike's front office needs to get out of their feelings towards him, and get this deal done!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

  3. #33
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    O.M.G.

    OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OM G.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.

    O.M.F.G.

    I need a towel. I made a mess.
    YES! YES!! YeeESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !

    That pretty much felt like ALL of our Potential coming together at once! Unbelievable!! So the question now: Do they have any chance of keeping it that together on the field going forward, or was that just a temporary glimpse into what might someday be...???
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  4. #34
    VikeCane305's Avatar
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    ok.. after the rush breakdown

    O - Musty wasn't rusty!! great evolution.. some key plays to PH, Kyle.. even our non-nfl starts wr's stepped up when they were targeted. there was a couple things i was confused on.. but if I had AP.. and needed a couple yards.. sure use him.. he did go from the what 8 to the 1.. 4 downs.. why not bulldoze it in.. really glad for the call on 4th. showed gutz, confidence (really with a blitz we might have gotten a saftey had it not gone in), overall i'm happy with the coaching on the O.. 1 penalty (prolly was 2 or 3 more that the ref's didn't see). and for all those who say they can't stand the dink/dunk.. 16 plays on the opening drive.. and the time eating drives throughout.. it might not be as exciting as seeing a 40-50 yrd bomb.. but i'll take it!

    Ponder.. GREAT.. and i mean GREAT focus!!! there's a lot of crow to eat if he keeps this up, i heard one of the anal-ytests say.. MN has found their QB. well so far I can't find a reason to say havn't.

    AP Rushing vs what was supposed to be THE rush D.. wish he woulda gotten over 100.. he was close to breaking a few open.. maybe had he run those last ones instead of TB. but his total touches is raising and soon he'll be the full package we need him to be!! that catch and extra push to get the 1st was PURE AD!!!btw did anyone notice the key block AP threw on Ponders TD run?

    Percy !#$%# damn this kid is fast!! just all over doing whatever he could do to help.. what more can you ask of him.

    Kyle well.. he's setting that bar really high for JohnC to come in and prove the value he's demanded. the fact that Ponder knew he'd catch that pass and him to do it 1 handed.. just wow..

    WR's a couple drops but on the most part they caught was was catchable and we kept moving.

    Oline - 95% of the things i read leading up to the game said this was gonna be a overly matched line battle. SF's MEAN MEAN front 7 would terrorize the vikes Oline.. well... that didn't happen!! sure we didn't overly destroy them. but it was a long hard faught game. kudos!!


    D - if this was game planned .. holy shite what a difference! guys stepped up, played with heart and self control. turnover battle was won.. even with TB's fluke string of fumbles.. there were times i was saying to Dad.. well here's were we generally fall apart.. but we didn't.. infact. wtf 4th qtr production from sf was.. nullified!!

    Greenway man o man.. everywhere, in control and knowing exactly what he had to do. btw that first sack of Smith was... beautiful!!!!

    winny was beat a few times. but also came up large with his brand of run stopping

    Dline - great work across the board. holding Gore and keeping preasure on smith.

    LB's much better with the blitz disguises, far better run and pass defending. some crucial plays kept us in the lead!

    cb's Cook.. is really showing he belongs, JR broke the no int monkey!! good game.. though i think way to much space was given to Moss.. though we wern't really burned for long plays, we got very very lucky on some of those overthrows and drops from their wr's.

    Safety after mistackle came out.. we kept playing like 2 starters.. sure the rook made a couple miscues.. coulda helped more on that pass to the 1.. but some big plays and key stops!



    Special Teams..
    - walsh.. clutch in the FG.. flubbed a few of those kickoffs..
    - Punting big K did what we needed him to do..
    - SPT .. mistackles were rampent.. toss'd our great avg out the window..
    FG block !!! WOOHOOOO that's 1 xp, and 1 fg so far this year!!



    the officiating of this game was a joke all around.. many mis calls.. no calls.. for and against us.. though i wouldn't complain it's becoming an issue.. the refs don't know the rules.. can't determine with accuracy a standard play type.. i thin they had 5 flags were they didn't know the number of the guy who did it.. (as evident the ref didn't call a #) i'll stick with the thought that.. ref's don't win/loos games.. if your at the point where one call makes or breaks you.. you didn't play well enouf to win.

    all in all.. WHAT A WIN!! this should put all those overly ego'd wanna be intelligent broadcasters/anal-ytests/nfl guru's upside down.. can we say upset of the week????

    ohh.. i bet detroit is now saying... ohh crap.. here come the vikes.. instead of.. at least this week it's the vikes..


    DiGiTaL
    Speaking of him, what was the injury he had?
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

  5. #35
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    So the question now: Do they have any chance of keeping it that together on the field going forward, or was that just a temporary glimpse into what might someday be...???
    That is a good question, and my honester is Both.

    This is a glimpse of what I believe Musgrave is working toward in our offense. Accurate, methodical, zone beating offense. We are making huge strides and I like it. I feel that we certainly have the talent to continue, but we are still a young team and will have our up and down games. Hopefully more up than down, but if the wheels come off for a game I am not going to go all chicken little like a few will.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #36
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    That is a good question, and my honester is Both.

    This is a glimpse of what I believe Musgrave is working toward in our offense. Accurate, methodical, zone beating offense. We are making huge strides and I like it. I feel that we certainly have the talent to continue, but we are still a young team and will have our up and down games. Hopefully more up than down, but if the wheels come off for a game I am not going to go all chicken little like a few will.
    Amen brother! Seeing good play from all three phases vs. "the best team in the NFL" will sustain my patience for several losses, but Hopefully, we won't have to start ticking them off anytime soon with us getting Simpson back and DET's no.27 points/game, no.20 passing yards/game, and 109.3 QB rating allowed!!! I can't wait!

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

    SKOL VIKINGS LET'S WIN THE GAME! SKOL VIKINGS HONOR THY NAME!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  7. #37
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    What a great game.

    Coaching. Looked to me like they were really prepared. Props to the coaching staff. Two special mentions....

    1. Penalties. Way to go staff. Team looked alot better in this area.

    2. DL coach/D-coord. Loved the rotation you had, especially Ballard, Guion, Rob and Griff. Need to see more of that.

    Other good stuff....

    LB'rs. Not sure about the rest of you but Brinkley sure looked to be back in the proper zone on passing plays. Anyone want to discuss?

    DB's. Also had a great game. Anyone notice that the INT came to a DB that was standing all alone in his zone (as the scheme dictates) just waiting on the DL to make the QB throw a bad ball? Anyone want to discuss?

    Backups.....Loved how well Jamarcus and Marvelous Marvin Mitchell filled in for starters. Maybe this staff can develop late round picks. Even ole AJ got a nice play in late.

    Ponder Ponder Ponder. I don't care what he does the rest of the year. This cat has proved that he can move the team and put points on the board when we need them and in a few instances, he has done it very little time and WR weapons that most on here really doubt if they are weapons or not.

    In short, could it be that we are seeing Ponder make WR's look better? Hmmmmmmm. Something to Ponder.

    Musgrove. If he wouldn't have passes on 3rd an shorts (when AD was getting 6 - 8 yards) I would have almost called him Musgrave in my post this week. Keep it up Musgrove, you are starting to grow on me.

    Coach Williams. Even though I think your sending to many LB'rs and DB's to help get pressure, I did love how you hid it better this week. Additionally, feel free to sit K-dubb and Jared a heck of alot more. You won't get any beyyyyatching out of me.

    OL. I love watching Sully, Charlie and Fusco (need a nickname for that cat) pull in unison. I had my grandson in my arms for most of the game (no charting) so I didn't count, but I'm sure I counted at least 5 instances were the G (or G's) were out in front while Sully and the 2 T's sealed the DL. Damn fun to watch.

    K-dubb. Yes, we had 2 K-dubb sightings. Other than those nice plays, I saw alot of the un-noticed impact plays coming from your gap as well. I bet you are loving some Ballard and Griff today.

    Now the bad.....

    Leslie.....Shame on you for letting the 49'rs coaching staff work the refs. Get your ass on the field and get vocal for once.

    Toby. Even though they blow the whistle, don't let go of the ball in a scrum.

    Refs. Tried their best to give this one away but this game is exactly why I say you can't lose a game to poor refs if you have a lead big enough to overcome a bad call or two. Besides, we did get a few thrown our way as well.....(second TD by Rudy).

    Walsh. Don't rush your kicks. Two KOffs (line drives) were exactly why we had to get rid of shortwell. No way you can get good ST's support on crap like that.

    Jared. Glad you finally made a play, but damn dude. WTF is up?

    In the end, this was a great team effort and is indicative of what we can expect from this team (last week to this week) when it comes to consistency. As I've said several times....Gonna be fun to watch this team grow as they put us through the ups and downs of watching them learn.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #38
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Loved the win! Loved being more aggressive with our passing, but wasn't impressed with trying to run, run, run at the goal line when we were getting stuffed. Passing & YAC got us there. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That 4th down pass should have been made on 3rd down

    Even our warpig/tech 0 blocked a FG!

    I didn't miss Henderson a bit. Brinkley & Greenway stepped up big time.
    LOL, you notice were he lined up, and it was on a ST's event, not trying to plug two gaps in the base defense.

    On a side note, did you see him playing the 3 tech with Ballard, Griff, and Rob on the field? Those 4 wreaked havoc on the 9rs offense, especially late.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #39
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Absolutely fantastic effort and results. The best I have seen this team play in a long time. While last game they lost to a team they should best, this week they dominated a team they should have lost to.

    Hopefully people are starting to soften on the idea of Ponder being a reach. I feel with better talent at WR he can be a decent QB.

    The defense stepped up and made plays. I almost forgot what it felt like to cheer an INT. the LB's played very well without Henderson,Walsh was a great draft pick.
    Some of us never thought he was a reach after watching him a bit last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #40
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    But fuck Toby Gerhart, did he start the niners defense in his fantasy league today? And fuck Frazier for putting that clown out there after fumbling on 2 consecutive carries and allowing him to fumble a 3rd time. You don't do that shit to Vikings fans who have seen way too many unbelievable loses. Both should be on the unemployment line after that fiasco. Clearly TG had head issues, or sweaty arm bands, or something, you don't put him back out there having fumbled on the 2 previous carries when you're trying to ice a championship quality team. We have AP, PH, and even Asiata on the sidelines, so why was it so important to have TG finish the game?
    Why so harsh?

    2 of the fumbles were clearly after the whistle blew. I bet if I put your butt in there and you were being bent double over backwards (and you heard it being blown) you'd let go of it as well.

    Besides, I'm wondering what you were thinking of him when he came in and converted on a the following key plays:

    3rd-2, MIN41 0:44 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the left for 6 yard gain
    3rd-10, MIN47 0:26 C. Ponder passed to T. Gerhart to the right for 14 yard gain
    2nd-3, MIN37 5:59 T. Gerhart rushed to the left for 9 yard gain
    San Francisco at Minnesota | Sunday September 23, 2012 | NFL - Yahoo! Sports

    In the end, just like all players, they are going to have issues but to vent on him like that is a bit out of the norm don't you think?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •