Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Loved the win! Loved being more aggressive with our passing, but wasn't impressed with trying to run, run, run at the goal line when we were getting stuffed. Passing & YAC got us there. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That 4th down pass should have been made on 3rd down

Even our warpig/tech 0 blocked a FG!

I didn't miss Henderson a bit. Brinkley & Greenway stepped up big time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    This is really nice to see! What a GREAT victory for the team! If they can play like that the rest of the season, why not shock the world? Congratulations to the Vikings on a top-notch performance!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Great win today however last week they lost to the worst ranked team in the league that week. I need to see them string at least 3 wins together before I start drinking the purple koolaid.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So what you're trying to say is you start hating on Frazier during the pre-game show?
    Exactly!
    Tuco the world.....

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Any given Sunday

Ponder looked pretty good, Jared got a sack, Rudolph is a beast also a pretty good game by the O-Line..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    What a difference a week makes! This gives me hope and optimism! Solid game on Offense: Loved the run/pass mix and the fact that we opened the playbook up. The D played a great game, D-line was aggressive and the secondary looked sharp, but I think our backers really played a great game. They filled holes, had disciplined responsibilities and were aggressive blitzing (both run and pass). Our kick coverage needs to be looked at, we gave up globs of yards on the return team. Overall, this made my weekend!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Vikings came to play, the offensive gameplan worked, and the defense was more aggressive. It was a nice win.

The 49ers play a modified zone defense as base, and the Vikings showed that a short passing offense can beat it.

The Vikings defensive line got pressure, but Jared Allen needed extra game time provided by the refs to get a sack. He still takes himself out of too many plays with the wide rush, and the inside rush is not coordinated with the linebackers to cover the edge.

The Vikings still have little downfield threats. Harvin and Rudolph accounted for 67% of all catches and 49% of targets, but it is clear Ponder wanted to spread the ball around if the opportunity to do so was available. The Vikings had a good gameplan against the 49ers zone; they used mid passes, curls, and comebacks in the first half. The 49ers made some changes to defeat that in the second half, which should have allowed the Vikings a better chance at going deep, but without the top shelf players, it did not make a difference.

The special teams play in the second half was not good. Only a touchdown saving tackle and nice defensive effort saved the Vikings from a potentially catastrophic second half start. The defense did step up, and the three points given up was a victory for the defense.

The Vikings did get the win, but they showed that improvement is needed in many areas. They were dealt a full house and played it well. That was enough to take the pot this time, but I am not ready to go all in over a couple of early winning hands.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Here's hoping that I've been wrong about everything I've ever said about Zygi, Mark, and Leonard, that I'm wrong about Leslie and Bill, and the team in general...I wouldn't be upset in the least.

Sadly, one game does not a season make, but I'm THRILLED that they beat the Niners. What a great team to take apart.

Congrats, Boys....

Caine
    This game was the season for us Caine. It was a game in which we had to find out where our beloved Vikings are headed. I'm so glad we won tho.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Here's hoping that I've been wrong about everything I've ever said about Zygi, Mark, and Leonard, that I'm wrong about Leslie and Bill, and the team in general...I wouldn't be upset in the least.

Sadly, one game does not a season make, but I'm THRILLED that they beat the Niners. What a great team to take apart.

Congrats, Boys....

Caine
    I too hope your wrong

You are correct, one game does not a season make, but it was nice to see us totally control the game. We actually forced our will on the other team, which was great.

I am excited again to see what the rest of the season can possibly bring to us.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Vikings came to play, the offensive gameplan worked, and the defense was more aggressive. It was a nice win.

The 49ers play a modified zone defense as base, and the Vikings showed that a short passing offense can beat it.

The Vikings defensive line got pressure, but Jared Allen needed extra game time provided by the refs to get a sack. He still takes himself out of too many plays with the wide rush, and the inside rush is not coordinated with the linebackers to cover the edge.

The Vikings still have little downfield threats. Harvin and Rudolph accounted for 67% of all catches and 49% of targets, but it is clear Ponder wanted to spread the ball around if the opportunity to do so was available. The Vikings had a good gameplan against the 49ers zone; they used mid passes, curls, and comebacks in the first half. The 49ers made some changes to defeat that in the second half, which should have allowed the Vikings a better chance at going deep, but without the top shelf players, it did not make a difference.

The special teams play in the second half was not good. Only a touchdown saving tackle and nice defensive effort saved the Vikings from a potentially catastrophic second half start. The defense did step up, and the three points given up was a victory for the defense.

The Vikings did get the win, but they showed that improvement is needed in many areas. They were dealt a full house and played it well. That was enough to take the pot this time, but I am not ready to go all in over a couple of early winning hands.
    Nice review.

I was very impressed with this win, no intimidation by what was crowned best team in the NFL, just good football without a lot of silly penalties to take it off track. Next week will be another great test to see where this team is at. Can they go into Detroit with the same energy and confidence that they brought in this game? I think this will actually be a tougher game for us.

Ponder played a great game (his best to date) and showed he is up to the mental aspect of the position. Hopefully Simpson will provide him with another legitimate target. Jenkins and Carlson were complete no shows.

In a lot of ways this was a good match up for the Vikings. Two teams that like to get physical. Similar philosophies on how the teams are being built, San Fran is just ahead of us on talent. Especially on defense. Vikings came ready to play and didn't self destruct. Alex Smith had a hard time making plays when he needed them.

Does anybody still think these replacement refs are going to be just fine? We see the obvious stuff that is being pointed out, like the challenge after they already used up their last time out....and why did the analysts and Pereira take so long to figure this out...wasn't it that obvious to everyone watching this game...the NFL environment is just too big for these refs?. I guarantee you the players are playing a whole different style of play with these knuckleheads then they did when the rules were actually being reinforced. And the calls continue to be very random, disrupting the rhythm of the game. May be a tough adjustment when teams have to go back to playing by the rules again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast