Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings will work out WR Javon Walker

Walker to practice today?

It sounds like wide receiver Javon Walker is at Winter Park and could be on the field for today's single practice.
    By the way, it's interesting to note that Walker had cartilage-replacement surgery on his knee in Jerusalem in March 2009 because the procedure is not approved in the United States or Canada.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/101384394.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4OW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

gregair13 wrote:
    From the health of Rice and Harvin right now, anyone would be helpful for some depth at our WR position.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute, we have the Noodle. From what you have all tried to convince me of, we just need a warm body out there.

Not sure why they would go down this route? He and the Noodle didn't like each other before.

In the end, its just another PUKER mucking up my team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    From the health of Rice and Harvin right now, anyone would be helpful for some depth at our WR position.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute, we have the Noodle. From what you have all tried to convince me of, we just need a warm body out there.

Not sure why they would go down this route? He and the Noodle didn't like each other before.

Actually he is an ex Raider and Bronco. Been a while since he was with the Packers.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

From what I understand, Favre came down on Javon for not attending camp, which is something he can now relate to. I'm sure that any riff they had won't be an issue now.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    From what I understand, Favre came down on Javon for not attending camp, which is something he can now relate to. I'm sure that any riff they had won't be an issue now.
    This

They wouldn't bring in a WR Brett wouldn't want.. They aren't stupid.. Or are they.... hmy:

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

It's sort of apples and oranges though. I mean Walker avoided Mini Camp because of a contract dispute...wanted more money.

Favre didn't show up to Training Camp because he had an injured ankle and wasn't sure if his old ass was up for another season.

By the way - did you guys here about the Javon's stint in Major League Baseball?

Yeah, apparently Walker was a Texas Ranger.

(stolen from Hawkey on Kfan)

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Ok, so I didn't have the full story, fact remains though that I'm sure a small riff from 4/5 years ago, isn't going to cause a schism in the locker room.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

Actually he is an ex Raider and Bronco. Been a while since he was with the Packers.
    No statute of limitations here. Once a PUKER, always a PUKER.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ok, so I didn't have the full story, fact remains though that I'm sure a small riff from 4/5 years ago, isn't going to cause a schism in the locker room.
    Locker room? NO........I wonder if the Noodle is happy about him?

I haven't gone back and dredged up the articles (if they are still even out there) but the Noodle really hung him out to dry that year.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Locker room? NO........I wonder if the Noodle is happy about him?

I haven't gone back and dredged up the articles (if they are still even out there) but the Noodle really hung him out to dry that year.

Not really, The organization said he should honor his contract

Favre said he should be in camp

Javon threw a fit and said he would retire if not traded

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast