Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Vikings will win out from here.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Actually, anything is not possible.

That's reality.

But the complexity of the team.....the feuding and bad feelings against the admittedly stupid coach.....the show that Moss gives us on and off the field....the Favre saga.....Peterson....Harvin.....the Webb potential.....

This is going to be an interesting season.....NOT a winning season.

Get that straight and you'll have fun.

I don't believe there's a single football team in the NFL with a losing record that's NOT a bit disfunctional... that's the nature of losing. Either you quit and accept it or emotions ride high causing some friction because you're upset about the losing. Frankly, I want some disfunction cause that means the guys still care about winning, are still upset about losing. Winning will cure all those ails.
    The coaching staff could be blamed by the players for a lot of things, but the players need to look in the mirror as well.
    Many of them are not performing very well.

The bottom line is that winning allows everyone to overlook the dysfunctional aspects of a team.
    Losing simply magnifies the dysfunction.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

jrjohn wrote:
    Wow, thats some prediction. I think the Vikings will end the season 6 and 10 If they get some luck
    I will still wear my purple proud if they finish 6-10. Hopefully, that would bring an end to the Childress era too!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

That's reality.

But the complexity of the team.....the feuding and bad feelings against the admittedly stupid coach.....the show that Moss gives us on and off the field....the Favre saga.....Peterson....Harvin.....the Webb potential.....

I don't believe there's a single football team in the NFL with a losing record that's NOT a bit disfunctional... that's the nature of losing. Either you quit and accept it or emotions ride high causing some friction because you're upset about the losing. Frankly, I want some disfunction cause that means the guys still care about winning, are still upset about losing. Winning will cure all those ails.
    The coaching staff could be blamed by the players for a lot of things, but the players need to look in the mirror as well.

The bottom line is that winning allows everyone to overlook the dysfunctional aspects of a team.
    At this high of a level of talent in the NFL, alot of the physical aspect of the game almost goes out the window. It's hard to make plays if your head isn't in it. And playing for coaches you don't like, trust, or respect can't make it easy to be mentally ready to play football on Sundays. And it's become apparent that our players do not like, trust, or respect Brad Childress.

The Wilfs, the front office, and Childress to a degree(this has been widely debated during draft season) has assembled an incredibly talented team. But it doesn't seem to matter. For the most part they have no heart, discipline, tenacity, no mental aspects you look for in a great football team. On paper we look awesome, and could win out, but I think the culture of this organization, at the locker room level, has to change or we're looking at at least another 9 games of pain.

There's no checks on the offense. It's led by a guy who never professionally called plays before being hired as a head coach. Who then hired a guy that he coached in college. They were never colleagues. Bevell is still subordinate to Childress and always will be.

Even if Childress isn't calling the plays, it's his offense. He can't be told no by Bevell, it would be like Kermit the Frog slapping Jim Henson in the face.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Mr Anderson wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

That's reality.

At this high of a level of talent in the NFL, alot of the physical aspect of the game almost goes out the window. It's hard to make plays if your head isn't in it. And playing for coaches you don't like, trust, or respect can't make it easy to be mentally ready to play football on Sundays. And it's become apparent that our players do not like, trust, or respect Brad Childress.

The Wilfs, the front office, and Childress to a degree(this has been widely debated during draft season) has assembled an incredibly talented team. But it doesn't seem to matter. For the most part they have no heart, discipline, tenacity, no mental aspects you look for in a great football team. On paper we look awesome, and could win out, but I think the culture of this organization, at the locker room level, has to change or we're looking at at least another 9 games of pain.

There's no checks on the offense. It's led by a guy who never professionally called plays before being hired as a head coach. Who then hired a guy that he coached in college. They were never colleagues. Bevell is still subordinate to Childress and always will be.

Even if Childress isn't calling the plays, it's his offense. He can't be told no by Bevell, it would be like Kermit the Frog slapping Jim Henson in the face.
    Good insight and I agree.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

I like your optimism! But, I think the Vikings will win the next seven games in a row, then lose the last 2 road games and finish 9-7. They will threaten for a playoff spot, but I feel they may come up a game short.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Considering this team and its flaws I doubt we win 5 more games the rest of the year. 4 more if we are lucky.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Freakout wrote:
    Considering this team and its flaws I doubt we win 5 more games the rest of the year. 4 more if we are lucky.
    Quality of opposition drops dramatically from here on out. If we pull our collective heads out - on both sides of the ball - we CAN run the table on the rest of the season.

Keep in mind, there's a whole lot of "IF" in that statement...

Caine

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

blair59 wrote:
    I predict the Vike's will win the remaining 9 games, win the division, and get a first round bye.

1. Arizona is horrible.
    2. Bears have Cutler at QB.
    3. Packers are beat up.
    4. Redskins replace McNabb with Rex Grossman with the game on the line.
    5. Buffalo stinks.
    6. Giants have the other Manning. 3 picks.
    7. Bears, see #2.
    8. Eagles, Vick will be injured by that time.
    9. Lions, we own them.

There you have it my friends. Enjoy the remainder of the season. Skol Vikings!

1) We have Childress
    2) We have Childress
    3) We have Childress
    4) We have Childress
    5) We have Childress
    6) We have Childress
    7) We have Childress
    8) We have Childress
    9) We have Childress

We're looking at no better than a 5-11 season. Three more more wins MAY come against Detroit, Buffalo, and Arizona...and those aren't even gimme's.

Childress is a 4-foot tall 90 year old grandmother with Parkinson's and a cataract in one eye driving a NOS-powered (Peterson) Ferrari with a busted fanbelt.

JMO

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Caine wrote:
    Freakout wrote:
    Quality of opposition drops dramatically from here on out. If we pull our collective heads out - on both sides of the ball - we CAN run the table on the rest of the season.

Keep in mind, there's a whole lot of "IF" in that statement...

Caine
    Unfortunatly I think (I think)Favre will only weaken as the season progresses, much like he did last year, only worse
    None

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

I'll change my prediction. I'll say the Vikings win 5 more games instead of 4. They have 5 more home games. Using that for my decision making basis is about as good as anything. I would not count on beating anybody, even the lions, it's the teams that have nothing to loose that can ding you. If I was the Packers, I would not take the game against the Cowboys lightly either. Odds are sooner or later they will win a game.
    None

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast