Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings will rest Favre, other starters Friday

[size=13pt]Vikings will rest Favre, other starters Friday vs. Cowboys[/size]

Septemper 3rd, 2009

Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Brett Favre's non-traditional arrival in Minnesota isn't stopping Vikings coach Brad Childress from taking a traditional approach to his team's preseason finale.

Favre will not play against the Dallas Cowboys on Friday night.

"I don't see the upside," Childress said Wednesday.

Most teams rest their marquee starters in the final preseason game to avoid the risk of injury with the regular season only one week away. What makes this situation unique, however, is Favre's recent arrival in Minnesota.

BTW:
    Live On NFL Network:
    Dallas Cowboys at
    Minnesota Vikings,
    Friday, 8 p.m. ET

Re: Vikings will rest Favre, other starters Friday

No need to play them. Cowpies won't be playing starters anyway, so kind of pointless. I just wonder how far Berrian is with his hammy?
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    No need to play them. Cowpies won't be playing starters anyway, so kind of pointless. I just wonder how far Berrian is with his hammy?
    yeah there is no need, but remember lining Favre up at WR in the texan game?
    With the coaching staff, there is a saying they live by: Common sense aint so common
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Only one more week of mind numbing discussions before the final cuts and the games begin.
    I wonder which QB will look stellar tonight against the 4th preseason game players, the guys that are fighting for their NFL lives.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"vegasvike" wrote:
    yeah there is no need, but remember [glow=red,2,300]lining Favre up at WR in the texan game?
    [/glow]With the coaching staff, there is a saying they live by: Common sense aint so common
    Ya, I don't understand that play one bit. One would think that you would try and prevent your old QB from any unnecessary contact. I don't get it at all. Still scratching my head over that one. In preseason mind you! :-
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"vegasvike" wrote:
    yeah there is no need, but remember [glow=red,2,300]lining Favre up at WR in the texan game?
    [/glow]With the coaching staff, there is a saying they live by: Common sense aint so common
    Ya, I don't understand that play one bit. One would think that you would try and prevent your old QB from any unnecessary contact. I don't get it at all. Still scratching my head over that one. In preseason mind you! :-\
    My question still stands:
    IF you want to run a Wildcat with Harvin taking a direct snap, WHAT do you do with Favre?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    Ya, I don't understand that play one bit. One would think that you would try and prevent your old QB from any unnecessary contact. I don't get it at all. Still scratching my head over that one. In preseason mind you! :-\
    IF you want to run a Wildcat with Harvin taking a direct snap, WHAT do you do with Favre?

=Z=
    what the dolphins did with Pennington.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    Which was to put him at WR.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    [quote author=battleaxe4cheese link=topic=53026.msg991340#msg991340 date=1252000390]
    Which was to put him at WR.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Yep... same thing they did earlier in the game with Favre when Harvin handed it to Peterson... it's fine as long as they run to the strong side but every now and again you're going to need to go weak down where the QB is and he's going to need to throw a block just to keep the D honest.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Slight change of subject....but in line with the thread.

The NFL needs to get teams to just open the 4th preseason game to the public.
    Free tickets, or greatly reduced or something.
    Give some of these kids there last chance to play in front of a full NFL stadium.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast