Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings will be peeking at scoreboard Sunday

I'd be interested in what the stats are regarding results in the first playoff game after sitting/starting your first string guys in meaningless week 17 games.

Complete guess, but I would be most teams do better when the starters start.
    I can't remember any key player getting hurt when they were playing for nothing.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings will be torn between two games[/size]

TOM POWERS
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 12/28/2007 12:00:01 AM CST

Several Vikings insisted that not only will they not watch the out-of-town scoreboard on Sunday but they also will stick their fingers in their ears and holler "la-la-la-la" if anyone tries to tell them what's happening in the Washington-Dallas game......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

TOM POWERS
    twincities.com

Several Vikings insisted that not only will they not watch the out-of-town scoreboard on Sunday but they also will stick their fingers in their ears and holler "la-la-la-la" if anyone tries to tell them what's happening in the Washington-Dallas game......

For some reason I got a picture of "Futureboy" standing on the practice field doing that when Coach Rogers is trying to tell him to throw the ball away.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:

TOM POWERS
    twincities.com

That is to funny hahaha ;D
    i laughed so hard my belly shook
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"V4L" wrote:
    Redskins are going to be fired up.. And playing mostly against backups

Honestly I don't have alot of hope

I know we can beat the Broncos.. But it's not up to us anymore
    I am totally with you! We can win by a land slide but do you hanestly think that all of the 'Boys backups are going to win against the starters of the skins? NO! Good luck Boys we are pulling for ya, but i dont think they even want to play us when we are ready to play. But then again Chilly will never have us ready to play the team we are playing anyway. We have our tickets to the playoffs and they are in the stands....again this year. Vikes should win and if chilly prepares us we will but I wouldnt count on us going to the playoffs.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

"purplepowered" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I am totally with you! We can win by a land slide but do you hanestly think that all of the 'Boys backups are going to win against the starters of the skins? NO! Good luck Boys we are pulling for ya, but i dont think they even want to play us when we are ready to play. But then again Chilly will never have us ready to play the team we are playing anyway. We have our tickets to the playoffs and they are in the stands....again this year. Vikes should win and if chilly prepares us we will but I wouldnt count on us going to the playoffs.
    There's hope.. what if they can't handle the pressure?
    you never know what happends.. my soccer club Psv won the nation championship by 1, 1!! goal...
    anything could happen pal, keep faith

"purplepowered" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I suppose it was just the players who got the 8 wins this year huh?

Gotta give it to ya though, you are pretty consistent with your dislike for the man.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/portal.nsf/news/0AE92F622BE8C798802573C00034CFC6

Winfield interview

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "purplepowered" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I suppose it was just the players who got the 8 wins this year huh?

Gotta give it to ya though, you are pretty consistent with your dislike for the man.
    ;D
    How else do you take account for running directly into the 8-9 man front the whole half and not do anything else until after half time then finally when its too late do a screen or two. With a young QB and team you cant do it all in one half> Yes I seen all this before....
    Green - offense....lose Dungy great defensive god SB ring!
    (nothing to show for it)
    Tice I felt at least he did ok enough to keep his job longer.
    Then we have Chilly and again we loose a great D mind in Tomlin(thank god for Frasier to save our a@*!
    Was Chilly calling his plays on Philly? NO! Why? You shouldnt have to ask!
    Its shown on the screen everyweek. Yes he helped with some wins but if you actually had a good WR in Rice who makes plays, why dont you use him more? Hell you used you #1 Draft pick on SPT last year and lost him in preseason for the season so why not try to at least use a consistant WR you dont know how much Rice cna handle! Heck you drafted him didnt you? I think had we used Rice more we would have had a cpl more wins. and if Chilly would have recognized the 8-9 man box why not go to more screens and swing passes. Did you notice that when he finally did they worked? Its only a concept that has been around for a long time. I have been watching the NFL since Purple Jesus was a baby! My first game i was 3 YO at Met Stadium in 20 degree weather (not sure totally but butt azz cold. and snowing . So I go back some time. I am not a rookie watching football with money to make up a car like that. I am a true fan that can see what is truely wrong with the team and we have a crap load of talent, and our drafting team is by far one of the best. The last 2 years have been filled with nothing short of What should be Hall of Famers if they lay their cards right. So I am not saying that he is stupid, However I love his offense scheme as you read all my posts. Its the play calling he cannot do. I repeat PLAYCALLING that he cannot do!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

You do realize he isn't calling the plays anymore, nor has he since the beginning of the year.

How else do you take account for running directly into the 8-9 man front the whole half and not do anything else until after half time then finally when its too late do a screen or two. With a young QB and team you cant do it all in one half> Yes I seen all this before....
    What else was he supposed to do?
    Come up with a intricate passing scheme with a QB of TJ's caliber?
    Comeon my friend.
    Think about it a minute.

How many times did you see the Skins run at the Williams wall with little or no effect.
    Basic Football 101 I guess to me.

Haven't we been seeing 8 and 9 man fronts all year?
    Haven't we been able to seal the end and get AD/CT loose?
    Sure we have.
    Again, what would you do?
    Put the ball in TJ's hands?
    Ohhhhh wait, he did, how did that work out in the first half?

Long story short, we normally attack an 8 man front with a pulling gaurd, a TE and the T in an attempt to seal the end and let him out.
    The skins showed a 4 man front and 4 LBs to counter that.
    Pretty hard to get around that IMHO.
    We won't see that this weekend.

Green - offense....lose Dungy great defensive god SB ring!
    (nothing to show for it)
    Not sure what that means however I will address it as an attempt for you to articulate that we need a balanced attack on both the Offense and Defense.

Couldn't agree more.
    After 2 years I think we are getting there.
    Pretty damn good defense that still seems to have an issue with yards in the passing scheme but doesn't allow to many points.
    Hell of a good running game on Offense, OL starting to come together, decent WR's and a QB that might or might not develop into a good one.

Tice I felt at least he did ok enough to keep his job longer.
    Why bring Tice into this. How does that play?
    Are you gonna start saying now that the Chiller caused Tice to be fired.
    Damn man.

Truth be told Tice and the Chiller have the same (if we win today) records thier first two years.
    Tice inherited Denny's team, the Chiller is building a new one.
    Hmmmmmmm
    Lets think about that one for a bit.

Then we have Chilly and again we loose a great D mind in Tomlin(thank god for Frasier to save our a@*!
    You do realize that the Chiller had nothing to do with Tomlin leaving don't you? That is something that falls to the front office to allow another front office to speak to one of our Coordinators with respect to a Head Coaching job.

Comeon man.
    The Chiller has put two great defensive Coords in here to fix the D you just beeeyyyatched about and you can't recognize that that is a good thing.
    Damn man.

Was Chilly calling his plays on Philly? NO! Why? You shouldnt have to ask!
    This has got to be one of the most lame/ignorant pings on the Chiller and I am getting a bit tired of it.

Why, Because the Fricken Head Coach wanted to call his own plays.
    >
    Take alook at the league my friend.
    About 50% of the teams HC's call thier own plays.
    Does that mean they have bad OC's?
    For cripes sake.
    Come with a better excuse than that lame old shit.

By the way, how are the Iggles doing since thier OC left.
    Comeon, let me hear it, comeon.........Maybe just maybe now that the Chiller isn't dreaming plays up for his HC something is amiss.....
    Again, damn.

All of this is just a ramble but I will try to address them.

Its shown on the screen everyweek. Yes he helped with some wins but if you actually had a good WR in Rice who makes plays, why dont you use him more? Hell you used you #1 Draft pick on SPT last year and lost him in preseason for the season so why not try to at least use a consistant WR you dont know how much Rice cna handle! Heck you drafted him didnt you? I think had we used Rice more we would have had a cpl more wins.
    a.
    Not a clue on the first sentence.
    Maybe someone else can help me out.
    b.
    Seems to me that he is using Rice.
    Have you looked at the stats for WR's on this team?
    Gimme a break.
    This is a running team first with a young QB learing under fire.
    Do you really expect to see the Randy Ratio type of offense.
    Wait you do don't you.
    Damn, now I understand

and if Chilly would have recognized the 8-9 man box why not go to more screens and swing passes. Did you notice that when he finally did they worked? Its only a concept that has been around for a long time. I have been watching the NFL since Purple Jesus was a baby! My first game i was 3 YO at Met Stadium in 20 degree weather (not sure totally but butt silliness cold. and snowing . So I go back some time. I am not a rookie watching football with money to make up a car like that. I am a true fan that can see what is truely wrong with the team and we have a crap load of talent, and our drafting team is by far one of the best. The last 2 years have been filled with nothing short of What should be Hall of Famers if they lay their cards right.
    Are you kidding me.
    Do you really think he doesn't have the insight to recognize an 8 man front.

If you have been watching this game as long as you have then you should appreciate the staffs heistancy to run intricate plays like swing passes with a green QB that has just thrown 2 INT's on the simplest of passes especially after watching your OL get man handled by the D's front 4.

Gimme a break again.
    And when they did start doing them successfully you should have realized they were working only because the skins D was giving that stuff to them.
    Its called a prevent defense and it is designed to give yards and yes even scores but only in small chunks and to elimanate a big strike in a short time.

So I am not saying that he is stupid, However I love his offense scheme as you read all my posts. Its the play calling he cannot do. I repeat PLAYCALLING that he cannot do!
    Look my friend, we all have to be a bit patient here.
    He isn't being stupid.
    He is only doing the things he believes this team can do right now.

Lets remember that this team is only 1 year older than the Pakers team and they don't have a seasoned Vet running the offense like the PUKERS have.
    Again, the QB play is a huge limiting factor when it comes to how intricate a scheme you can implement.

Long story short, I for one aint gonna hang a coach or keep talking crap cause I can see how this team is improving.

If you doubt me go to the NFL stat page. Compare last years stats to this years stats and you will find a big improvement in alot of the catagories.

Additionally, take alook at the other things....

a.
    We have 7 guys going to the Pro-bowl.

b. We were in every game but 2 and with a win today will win 3 more than last year against a pretty tough schedule.

c. We have been a serious contender for a playoff spot up until last week and we still have a slim chance.

d. We have a very solid team that is gonna be good for years to come and will only get better.

Again, have patience.
    Quit slamming the man for things that aren't under his control and enjoy the good things we are seeing our HC, His coaching staff and the front office are doing with respect to fixing a mess that was left for them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast