Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings will be peeking at scoreboard Sunday

It does not matter what the Redskins do if we can't beat the Broncos. That should be our only focus on Sunday.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    It does not matter what the Redskins do if we can't beat the Broncos. That should be our only focus on Sunday.

Well basically

We concentrate on that first... THEN peep the Redskins game

I'll be keepin an eye on it fo sho!

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Not only did the Pack sweep us this year... but their loss to the Bears clinches homefield for the Cowboys, which means they can pull their starters.
    I hate the PACK.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Hopefully Denver's inablity to stop anybody running at them will mean their 9 man box will be useless against AP and Chester.
    Otherwise we're going to have to hope T-Jack and Childress's brain can create a passing game to make them let up.
    Oh boy........

As for Dallas, I could see them winning.
    They won't be benching everyone, and you never know with fired up back up guys coming in if they'll play 150 percent.
    Only time will tell huh?

Go Vikings, Go Cowboys.
    It isn't like it takes very much to come up with the plays my friend.
    The passing attack was pretty effective in the Skins game and in the games we won if you really cared to look.

What is hard is to get "Futureboy" to throw the gol 'darnit ball on time and on target and not to the wrong colored jersies.

Of course you could keep touting it is a play calling issue if you want but not alot of credibility in that is there.
    :
    Childress Brain or T-Jack, I don't care.
    People always tell me I'm not a coach so I should shut up.
    Well dangit, Childress is a coach and T-jack is a high paid athlete, since i'm not allowed to question the staff or players maybe they should freakin do something and fix the passing game one way or another, just saying.
    Either bench T-Jack for a QB who can do the job better, or figure out a way to better use T-Jack on the field, Childress is supposed to know everything, maybe he should figure out how we can stop sucking at one of the most important positions in the game.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Hopefully Denver's inablity to stop anybody running at them will mean their 9 man box will be useless against AP and Chester.
    Otherwise we're going to have to hope T-Jack and Childress's brain can create a passing game to make them let up.
    Oh boy........

They won't be benching everyone, and you never know with fired up back up guys coming in if they'll play 150 percent.
    Only time will tell huh?

Go Vikings, Go Cowboys.
    The passing attack was pretty effective in the Skins game and in the games we won if you really cared to look.

What is hard is to get "Futureboy" to throw the gol 'darnit ball on time and on target and not to the wrong colored jersies.

Of course you could keep touting it is a play calling issue if you want but not alot of credibility in that is there.

:
    Well dangit, Childress is a coach and T-jack is a high paid athlete, since i'm not allowed to question the staff or players maybe they should freakin do something and fix the passing game one way or another, just saying.
    Either bench T-Jack for a QB who can do the job better, or figure out a way to better use T-Jack on the field, Childress is supposed to know everything, maybe he should figure out how we can stop sucking at one of the most important positions in the game.
    On those points I couldn't agree more.
    Its your consistent bantering about how he does things that he in no way has control over that causes me to question you.
    Do you really believe that the Chillers number one option was TJ?

And don't try to say he hand picked "Futureboy" either.
    Until you guys can come up with a better arguement than the one I put out I will keep on saying that he is stuck with TJ because the front office just hasn't given him a better option.

a.
    Whole Culpepper negotion/contract/rehab issue.
    That isn't on just the HC but on the whole org.
    b.
    2006 draft issue.
    Not getting Cutler (to high of a cost), not knowing that someone else coveted Clemens, trading up and taking TJ.
    The HC isn't the guy in the Triad responsible for that.
    c.
    Not offering Brad Johnson a QB going into the 2006 season and then letting him go to Dallas.
    What was the excuse?
    Brad wanted to go someplace were he could start?
    YUP, he's gonna start this weekend.
    d. Not offering Garcia a contract fast enough, big enough to keep him from going to TB.
    e. Waiting until just before the last preseason game to finally give the Iggles what they originally asked for KH.

Put all that together and you will see why the Chiller keeps saying he isn't sure about "Futureboy" being the future.
    7 Commentst my friend.
    7 comments were he was quoted as saying he isn't sure that TJ is the future.

I am sure the Chiller (and staff) is/are doing the best they/he can at creating plays/situations with the talent he has on the field. In this instance "Futureboy" seems to be the common denominator and not the play calls for the lack of creativity.

How fricken creative can they get when the kid can't even execute the most basic of throws, or audible at the line, or make correct blitz adjustments for the RB's, or take a damn sack, or throw the ball away..... etc etc etc.

Look I'm not trying to steer all the blame away from the Chiller and the Coaching staff but at somepoint even a blind man can see that they have worked miracles with a this team.
    If he had a viable option at QB who could throw the ball to recievers on time, on target and take a sack or throw the ball away once in a while we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Knock wood.
    I think he has enough ammo to now go to the ownership, Spielman and Bryzcheapski to get a better option on the field, not only at QB but at DE, WR as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Oh boy........

Only time will tell huh?

Go Vikings, Go Cowboys.

:
    Its your consistent bantering about how he does things that he in no way has control over that causes me to question you.

Until you guys can come up with a better arguement than the one I put out I will keep on saying that he is stuck with TJ because the front office just hasn't given him a better option.

a.
    b.
    2006 draft issue.
    Not getting Cutler (to high of a cost), not knowing that someone else coveted Clemens, trading up and taking TJ.
    c.
    Not offering Brad Johnson a QB going into the 2006 season and then letting him go to Dallas.
    What was the excuse?
    d. Not offering Garcia a contract fast enough, big enough to keep him from going to TB.
    e. Waiting until just before the last preseason game to finally give the Iggles what they originally asked for KH.

Put all that together and you will see why the Chiller keeps saying he isn't sure about "Futureboy" being the future.
    7 Commentst my friend.

I am sure the Chiller (and staff) is/are doing the best they/he can at creating plays/situations with the talent he has on the field. In this instance "Futureboy" seems to be the common denominator and not the play calls for the lack of creativity.

How fricken creative can they get when the kid can't even execute the most basic of throws, or audible at the line, or make correct blitz adjustments for the RB's, or take a damn sack, or throw the ball away..... etc etc etc.

Look I'm not trying to steer all the blame away from the Chiller and the Coaching staff but at somepoint even a blind man can see that they have worked miracles with a this team.
    If he had a viable option at QB who could throw the ball to recievers on time, on target and take a sack or throw the ball away once in a while we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Knock wood.
    I think he has enough ammo to now go to the ownership, Spielman and Bryzcheapski to get a better option on the field, not only at QB but at DE, WR as well.
    There were other options that they had namely Brees, Matt fooking schaub,Derek Anderson(Cleveland picked him up because the Ravens released him) and don't forget that he released Thigpen while keeping Bollinger on the roster and wasn't Henson on there too?

Meanwhile Childress was responsible for bringing in Mcmahon, O'Sullivan and Henson. Two of those along with Bollinger had personal ties to Childress and not to anyone else in the draft. Those guys were brought in to compete and were utter failures in every way including Bollinger who we still have on the roster so I am still not convinced that he has a good grasp on what we need in a QB.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

a.
    b.
    2006 draft issue.
    c.
    What was the excuse?

7 Commentst my friend.

How fricken creative can they get when the kid can't even execute the most basic of throws, or audible at the line, or make correct blitz adjustments for the RB's, or take a gol 'darnit sack, or throw the ball away..... etc etc etc.

Knock wood.
    No, his number one option was probably Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
    Unfortunately for him, we actually hired him as a coach to improve the play of our players because we aren't always able to get him his "first choice".
    To say that Childress didn't have a large part to say in releasing Culpepper passing on a number of good QBs (Brees and Garcia come to mind), signing garbage he was familiar with (Bollinger, Holcomb, McMahon etc.) would be pretty ignorant.

It's usually a coaches job to teach a QB how to make reads and use proper mechanics...

The fact is in Childress' time here I don't think we've seen one really good game a by a QB to date.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

a.
    b.
    2006 draft issue.
    c.
    What was the excuse?

7 Commentst my friend.

How fricken creative can they get when the kid can't even execute the most basic of throws, or audible at the line, or make correct blitz adjustments for the RB's, or take a gol 'darnit sack, or throw the ball away..... etc etc etc.

Knock wood.
    Unfortunately for him, we actually hired him as a coach to improve the play of our players because we aren't always able to get him his "first choice".
    To say that Childress didn't have a large part to say in releasing Culpepper passing on a number of good QBs (Brees and Garcia come to mind), signing garbage he was familiar with (Bollinger, Holcomb, McMahon etc.) would be pretty ignorant.

It's usually a coaches job to teach a QB how to make reads and use proper mechanics...

The fact is in Childress' time here I don't think we've seen one really good game a by a QB to date.
    There have been several actually, but unfortunately they were playing for the opponents.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

a.
    b.
    2006 draft issue.
    c.
    What was the excuse?

7 Commentst my friend.

Knock wood.

There have been several actually, but unfortunately they were playing for the opponents.
    That made me chuckle.

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

One more thing I was kinda thinking about....

Brad Johnson obviously knows what this game means for the Vikings.
    Did he leave on decent terms?
    If he had a good experience here and still was in contact with some of the coaches/players I think he would play a little bit harder, to give his old team and his friends a better chance at making the playoffs.

Also...this game could mean more to the Cowboys than they think.
    Because they potentially could go head to head with either the Vikings or the Redskins.
    Heck, if it is in their best interest they could just throw the game at the end if they think they have a better chance at beating the Redskins in the playoffs than the Vikings.

Just some thoughts...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast