Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: THE VIKINGS WILL NEVER WIN A FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!

It's all Mike Lynn's fault.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Threads like these are what makes other fans laugh and point at us.
    Amen!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"mamaluke" wrote:
    ...as much as it sucks and hurts, and nobody out there could say they felt more heartache than me with this team, you just have to call a spade a spade.
    Logic 101.
    A spade a spade?
    The team is constantly changing as is the game.
    How can you seriously make comparisons with different owners, players, stadiums, etc. and say a team will never win and maintain an iota of seriousness in your post?

Carrots cause cancer.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:
    ...as much as it sucks and hurts, and nobody out there could say they felt more heartache than me with this team, you just have to call a spade a spade.
    Logic 101.
    A spade a spade?
    The team is constantly changing as is the game.
    How can you seriously make comparisons with different owners, players, stadiums, etc. and say a team will never win and maintain an iota of seriousness in your post?

Carrots cause cancer.
    Cool, Now I can stop eating vegetables.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I think its safer to say the vikes will never win the SB with dickless as head coach. In fact they will never be in a playoff game with him as HC. But if we had a HC that knows an offense, that knows talent, that could bring a good QB and a few WRs, we could be in the SB this year...

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I think its safer to say the vikes will never win the SB with dickless as head coach. In fact they will never be in a playoff game with him as HC. But if we had a HC that knows an offense, that knows talent, that could bring a good QB and a few WRs, we could be in the SB this year...
    lmao.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

no doubt we are all frustrated, big time.
    But man, to say that we will never win it?
    Come on now.
    I am just as sick of this as the rest but I refuse to give up.
    This may not be our year, well see.
    I doubt that Zig will take this for long, we have a lot of young talent and I think the future looks great.
    Look I live in the heart of packer country and trust me its hard to go out and cut the grass without taking heat.
    I still choose to raise my VIKING flag and I know someday we will get our chance once again.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mamaluke" wrote:
    And this is coming from a loyal, devoted purple-blooded fan (40 years) who has been watching this franchise take it in the keyster one too many times. I am convinced that our best and probably last chance we had was that friggin' 1998 15-1 season where that big homo Gary Anderson missed that FG and we lost to the knob-gobbling Falcons, that would have put us in the SuperBowl against Denver. I am at the end of my proverbial rope watching this inept franchise bumble and stumble there way every week, season after miserable season. But despite all this I will continue to be a fan till the day I die, which will be probably 10 years sooner from all the aggravation the purple gang has sent my way.I feel sorry for the likes of Adrian Petersen ( that man is the real deal) that he will never feel what it is like to be a Super Bowl champion , unless he is traded to a franchise (like the douchebag Patriots) that knows what it takes to win and put a competitive team on the field.( even if they are a bunch of baked-bean eating cheaters).
    I am convinced Childress is a douchebag to add onto the pile of crap. Gee, does it sound like I am pissed off. I have resigned myself to accept the fact I am doomed to walk out of the sports bar I go to every Sunday (because I live in Jersey) to watch the hapless Vikes feeling like a idiot with a Adrian Petersen jersey on.
    First - I never feel like an idiot when I wear any of the Vikings jerseys I own.

Second - disliking the way a man coaches does not qualify him as a "douchebag".
    You don't know him personally, so I doubt he's ever done anything directly to you.

Third - even if Childress is fired, that does not set up a culture of losing for all eternity.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

How do you think Saints fans feel?

The Childress experiment isn't over yet.
    I'll sit in front of my TV every week, with no expectations, and see how it unravels.
    If this season ends up the way it started, then bring in the next guy and see what he can do.

There are only a few really good coaches, just like there are only a few really good QB's.
    You either have to get lucky and grab an unknown or steal from a very select group.
    Sean Payton, last year was a genius, this year he's stumped.
    To make things even harder, you don't know if a coach is worth a shit until he has 3-5 years under his belt.
    Very frustrating process for fans to go through.
    When Parcells took on a new coaching assignment, he laid out a 3 yr plan, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
    Tomlin is looking good now, but what happens when it becomes his team, will he continue to be successful, or will he follow the paths of most others, who knows.
    A lot of the NFL is a crapshoot, with a lot of parity.
    I would love to be one of the few really dominate teams in the NFL (like New England or Indy), but it takes a lot more than wanting it.
    If you're not one of the really good teams, then you are in Childress' words 4-6 plays from winning any game.
    As long as the owners are focused on creating a SuperBowl caliber team, I'll continue to have hope.

It would be nice to have a little bit of a passing game though.

"tastywaves" wrote:
    How do you think Saints fans feel?

The Childress experiment isn't over yet.
    I'll sit in front of my TV every week, with no expectations, and see how it unravels.
    If this season ends up the way it started, then bring in the next guy and see what he can do.

There are only a few really good coaches, just like there are only a few really good QB's.
    You either have to get lucky and grab an unknown or steal from a very select group.
    Sean Payton, last year was a genius, this year he's stumped.
    To make things even harder, you don't know if a coach is worth a shit until he has 3-5 years under his belt.
    Very frustrating process for fans to go through.
    When Parcells took on a new coaching assignment, he laid out a 3 yr plan, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
    Tomlin is looking good now, but what happens when it becomes his team, will he continue to be successful, or will he follow the paths of most others, who knows.
    A lot of the NFL is a crapshoot, with a lot of parity.
    I would love to be one of the few really dominate teams in the NFL (like New England or Indy), but it takes a lot more than wanting it.
    If you're not one of the really good teams, then you are in Childress' words 4-6 plays from winning any game.
    As long as the owners are focused on creating a SuperBowl caliber team, I'll continue to have hope.

It would be nice to have a little bit of a passing game though.
    Good points.
    The Saints are an excellent example.
    The Vikes have been one play away from winning games...oh wait, I'm assuming passing is an option .
    No need to panic.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast