Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mamaluke is offline Starter

Re: THE VIKINGS WILL NEVER WIN A FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!

SnoBumMN,

Basically they are all tied in together. Do you really want to look at the present and the future? I am definitely no mind reader with a magic crystal ball but I do not need one to be able to tell you what the future holds for this team. Just open your eyes and take a good look. It is as clear as day!!! While teams like the Colts and Patriots are out there winning Super Bowls we are going to be fumbling the ball on the fifty in OT, or hitting the left upright, or getting Brooks Bollinger to be our back-up QB. Do not get me wrong, If there were anything in my power I could do to change the situation I would gladly do so and I still am hanging on to that last tiny shred of hope that one of these days a freakin' miracle will happen but sometimes , as much as it sucks and hurts, and nobody out there could say they felt more heartache than me with this team, you just have to call a spade a spade.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"mamaluke" wrote:
    SnoBumMN,

Basically they are all tied in together. Do you really want to look at the present and the future? I am definitely no mind reader with a magic crystal ball but I do not need one to be able to tell you what the future holds for this team. Just open your eyes and take a good look. It is as clear as day!!! While teams like the Colts and Patriots are out there winning Super Bowls we are going to be fumbling the ball on the fifty in OT, or hitting the left upright, or getting Brooks Bollinger to be our back-up QB. Do not get me wrong, If there were anything in my power I could do to change the situation I would gladly do so and I still am hanging on to that last tiny shred of hope that one of these days a freakin' miracle will happen but sometimes , as much as it sucks and hurts, and nobody out there could say they felt more heartache than me with this team, you just have to call a spade a spade.
    You say tomato, I say I am a fan and will have faith until I die or the team moves.

I hope I die first.
    -Sno

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

I hate to add to the negativity, but if you take a long look at this team, does the future really hold much bright spots? Other then Adrian, what do we have to look forward to? In a few years our defense will have aged and be gone. There will still be question marks at the helm and WR. Our O-line will still be leaking with holes. Lord knows our secondary will continue to be trash. Thank goodness for the draft and FA, but is that all we have to look forward to every year?

Ahh in the end I'll probably just say screw it because purple runs thick through my blood. I'll keep on cheering and watch AP tear the league up, hoping every year that this is finally the year we are back to an elite status. Anyways, carry on.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I don't understand why past failures have anything to do with the present or future.
    They don't.
    People act as if they have never been through a slump before.
    Jesus, doesn't anybody remember the mid eighties?
    Those teams had little to do with the team of the late nineties, which has little to do with the team of today, or tomorrow.

The frustration mounts after a bad season, and suddenly the Vikings will "never" win a superbowl.
    :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mamaluke is offline Starter

SnoBum and Purplemania,

I am just a frustrated fan venting my emotions. I also will never give up on the Vikings but I am really, really tired of watching Brad Childress bald head saying the same lame bullcrap after every losing, pathetic game in that deep monotone voice of his. I wish I could reach through the screen and slap him on his chrome dome. I do not mean to be such a morose character but it is just sickening. And SnoBum, I have to agree with you, if the Vikes ever move I hope I am witnessing it from the pearly gates of Heaven, than again I may need a lot of suntan lotion where I am headed.
    And just as you, purplemania, I will suck it up as always and keep hanging on to that slight shimmer of hope that as I believe Annie once said " The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar......

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

If we have no hope, we may as well close down this site and start cheering for someone else.
    I have been a Vikings fan since their very first game against the Bears (which they won). I've seen a lot of ups and downs and it's been hard to get your hopes up lately. It seems it always one thing or another.
    But I still keep cheering for them. I still have four Vikings stickers on my car and I wear Vikings shirts and jackets all the time. I will always be a Vikings fan until my dying day (unless they move the team).
    If the Vikings ever do win it in my lifetime (which isn't to many more years) all of blood, sweat and tears will be worth it.
    [size=14pt]VIKINGS FOREVER![/size]
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Moss said it. It must be true.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Threads like these are what makes other fans laugh and point at us.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

I am not ready to say the Vikings will never win a super bowl.
    Brad Childress will never take us to the promised land.
    I will agree to that.
    I can only hope that when Childress is canned we can get a decent coach in that can build a team that will win the super bowl.
    There alot of fans on this site that defend Childress.
    They say he needs more time.
    The verdict is in as far as I am concerned.
    He took a 9-7 team with promise and finished 6-10.
    After what I have seen the first 3 weeks this season 6 wins does not seem likely.
    But, I will continue to wear my Viking shirts, caps, gloves and jackets.
    I will never give up hope.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"mamaluke" wrote:
    And this is coming from a loyal, devoted purple-blooded fan (40 years) who has been watching this franchise take it in the keyster one too many times. I am convinced that our best and probably last chance we had was that friggin' 1998 15-1 season where that big homer Gary Anderson missed that FG and we lost to the knob-gobbling Falcons, that would have put us in the SuperBowl against Denver. I am at the end of my proverbial rope watching this inept franchise bumble and stumble there way every week, season after miserable season. But despite all this I will continue to be a fan till the day I die, which will be probably 10 years sooner from all the aggravation the purple gang has sent my way.I feel sorry for the likes of Adrian Petersen ( that man is the real deal) that he will never feel what it is like to be a Super Bowl champion , unless he is traded to a franchise (like the douchebag Patriots) that knows what it takes to win and put a competitive team on the field.( even if they are a bunch of baked-bean eating cheaters).
    I am convinced Childress is a douchebag to add onto the pile of crap. Gee, does it sound like I am pissed off. I have resigned myself to accept the fact I am doomed to walk out of the sports bar I go to every Sunday (because I live in Jersey) to watch the hapless Vikes feeling like a idiot with a Adrian Petersen jersey on.
    I hear you brother. You are talking to a person who traveled 4 freaking hours to some Mountain in the middle of Europe to watch the Vikings take a loss in one of our best chances to win a SB.

When we traded Moss I wanted to burn my jersey but I held off.
    Every day of my life I wake up hoping we will win a SB.
    I am staying positive and I hope you do to.
    If the Red Sox can win a World Series, the Vikings can win a Super Bowl.
    So stay positive and wait.
    One day we will win a Super Bowl....

I just hope I am still alive.....

GO VIKES!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast