Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    mamaluke is offline Starter

THE VIKINGS WILL NEVER WIN A FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!

And this is coming from a loyal, devoted purple-blooded fan (40 years) who has been watching this franchise take it in the keyster one too many times. I am convinced that our best and probably last chance we had was that friggin' 1998 15-1 season where that big homo Gary Anderson missed that FG and we lost to the knob-gobbling Falcons, that would have put us in the SuperBowl against Denver. I am at the end of my proverbial rope watching this inept franchise bumble and stumble there way every week, season after miserable season. But despite all this I will continue to be a fan till the day I die, which will be probably 10 years sooner from all the aggravation the purple gang has sent my way.I feel sorry for the likes of Adrian Petersen ( that man is the real deal) that he will never feel what it is like to be a Super Bowl champion , unless he is traded to a franchise (like the douchebag Patriots) that knows what it takes to win and put a competitive team on the field.( even if they are a bunch of baked-bean eating cheaters).
    I am convinced Childress is a douchebag to add onto the pile of crap. Gee, does it sound like I am pissed off. I have resigned myself to accept the fact I am doomed to walk out of the sports bar I go to every Sunday (because I live in Jersey) to watch the hapless Vikes feeling like a idiot with a Adrian Petersen jersey on.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: THE VIKINGS WILL NEVER WIN A FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!

now my eyes hurt

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Well, at least show some pride in being an idiot in the bar with your Vikings jersey on.

Stick to facts instead of possibilities, though, and what you have is the continuation of a trend. Since the Vikings began the Brad Childress Era 4-2, they have lost 10 of their past 13 games. In only two of those 13 games have the Vikings scored more than 21 points without the aid of a defensive touchdown. This season, they have managed all of three offensive touchdowns.

Through 19 games of Childress' tenure, his offense has changed players more frequently than Spinal Tap changes drummers. Childress has employed a couple of play-callers (himself and Darrell Bevell), a handful of quarterbacks, a peck of featured running backs, a baker's dozen receivers and a bushel of tight ends, and they've all looked about the same -- stuck in a slow-motion loop in a fast-forward league.
    In the first, the Vikings took the ball with 3:32 remaining and two timeouts. After the two-minute warning, Adrian Peterson took a short pass 35 yards to the KC 33. The Vikings managed only one more play -- a 3-yard run by Mewelde Moore -- before Holcomb was forced to call a timeout with the play clock running down and 34 seconds left.
    Asked how that could happen, Childress, doing a convincing impersonation of Alberto Gonzales, said he couldn't remember.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"mamaluke" wrote:
    And this is coming from a loyal, devoted purple-blooded fan (40 years) who has been watching this franchise take it in the keyster one too many times. I am convinced that our best and probably last chance we had was that friggin' 1998 15-1 season where that big homer Gary Anderson missed that FG and we lost to the knob-gobbling Falcons, that would have put us in the SuperBowl against Denver. I am at the end of my proverbial rope watching this inept franchise bumble and stumble there way every week, season after miserable season. But despite all this I will continue to be a fan till the day I die, which will be probably 10 years sooner from all the aggravation the purple gang has sent my way.I feel sorry for the likes of Adrian Petersen ( that man is the real deal) that he will never feel what it is like to be a Super Bowl champion , unless he is traded to a franchise (like the douchebag Patriots) that knows what it takes to win and put a competitive team on the field.( even if they are a bunch of baked-bean eating cheaters).
    I am convinced Childress is a douchebag to add onto the pile of crap. Gee, does it sound like I am pissed off. I have resigned myself to accept the fact I am doomed to walk out of the sports bar I go to every Sunday (because I live in Jersey) to watch the hapless Vikes feeling like a idiot with a Adrian Petersen jersey on.
    Subscribe to DirecTV and purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket...problem solved.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Had Green been aggressive & continued to score instead of going into "prevent" mode, the Falcons would have never caught up & Gary Anderson would not have had to attempt that FG.

His missed FG wouldn't have won the game had he made it. It simply would have tied us up & we go into OT.

We could have still lost in OT had he made it.

People tend to forget that & lay all the blame on Gary.

Not me.

Green let them play catch up. Not Gary.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Maxvike,

That may solve part of the problem but the Vikes will still be a bunch of losers! Plus why would I want to pay my hard earned money to watch that happen? How the hell does a team sit their probably one and only chance in hell best player (Adrian) on the final drive when they need to drive the ball for at least a shot at a game tying FG. And after all this freakin' time the best player we could get to play QB is Kelly Holcomb? TJ is about as dumb as a can of spam and Brooks Bollinger should be selling encyclopedias door to door. I could go on for days but what is the point. Sorry to be such a source of bad tidings but the facts are the facts. I am just really freaking besides myself.
    Enough is enough already. Childress, Bevell and Chris Spielman are a bunch of dingleberries.

Singersp,

Green, Gary Anderson,....
    what does it really matter?
    The bottom line is they took it in the keyster like ALWAYS!!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"mamaluke" wrote:
    Singersp,

Green, Gary Anderson,....
    what does it really matter?
    The bottom line is they took it in the keyster like ALWAYS!!!
    Green is the blame for the whole thing...Who just lays down and gives up when there is 30 seconds left in regulation.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I don't understand why past failures have anything to do with the present or future.
    -Sno

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast