Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ummmm...not sure what you flagged there. Seemed like a safe comment to me....

Caine
    It wasn't the language I was referring to. I was trying to find a nice way to rip on the notion that it is a good idea to carry two QB's with completely different skill sets. The thought of "change of pace quarterbacks" is ludicrous for long term success.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Spielman: "Hmmm... well, Webb played pretty well for us last year with his legs at least. His arm could use some work..."

Frazier: (picks nose, looks at it) "Didn't we just draft a QB? Maybe we should use him as something other than a QB..."

Spielman: "Definitely not, let's continue to develop Ponder and give him all the reps. We can let Webb rot on the bench despite having superb athleticism and skill.... oh, did you see how I told ESPN you can 'mask' a poor LT? Haha, I'm such a f*cking ret@rd."
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    It wasn't the language I was referring to. I was trying to find a nice way to rip on the notion that it is a good idea to carry two QB's with completely different skill sets. The thought of "change of pace quarterbacks" is ludicrous for long term success.
    I agree with that 100%. I would look for a backup QB that can come in and have a similar skill set to the starter so if he is needed the transition is easier for the rest of the team to mesh with.

And i don't want my QB rushing for 70 yards let alone 700. We have peterson, gerhart and Harvin to do that job. I DO NOT want my QB taking hits any more than necessary. If Webb can read and react to defenses, stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to the skill players then by all means he has a shot.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I agree with that 100%. I would look for a backup QB that can come in and have a similar skill set to the starter so if he is needed the transition is easier for the rest of the team to mesh with.

And i don't want my QB rushing for 70 yards let alone 700. We have peterson, gerhart and Harvin to do that job. I DO NOT want my QB taking hits any more than necessary. If Webb can read and react to defenses, stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to the skill players then by all means he has a shot.
    We have a hard enough time trying to run one offense. No need to try to implement different plays for a different type QB.
    I love Webb. He will do anything to win, and his athleticism lets him do things others cannot. I wish we would find a way to involve him in the offense as a playmaker away from center if we are sticking with Christian.
    He would probably be better served backing up Cam or even Tebow.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Thy want to see if Webb can throw more than just run. As he is a great running QB. But needs to make accurate throws on the run. Not just run his body into the ground.
    NFL 2013 is Here!

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    I like this. Has he even caught a pass as a WR?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The kid is raw, has an under developed passing game, and was originally drafted as a receiver - which should tell you all you need to know about his QB prospects...

...but it doesn't.

He also plays with a fire I just LOVE to see.

He may never be a great QB, but I wouldn't bet against him. If Jackson had played with 1/2 of the intensity of Webb, he'd be our starter right now.

Caine
    Still hacking on TJ I see. LOL. I can't wait for you to buy me some beers.......

As to the article, he should work on just one thing, especially QB so that he can get proficient at that one position.

Besides, this draft class is deep enough when it comes to recievers that we don't need Joe to be a reciever anymore.

LT in the first, DT in the second, any one of the big 6'2ish/220ish recievers in the third and alot of our problems will be solved this year.

Of course we will still have to battle through another year of Musgrove calling plays. What a yutz.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    We have a hard enough time trying to run one offense. No need to try to implement different plays for a different type QB.
    Adequately articulated my friend. Ole Musgrove sure put on a play calling show last year didn't he.

I need to check around the page a bit and see what everyone was saying about Bevs. I'd take him back in a second.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Frazier: (picks nose, looks at it) "Didn't we just draft a QB? Maybe we should use him as something other than a QB..."
    LOL, you crack me up. I see your still here.

Ole Leslie would have to have someone jab him first so he could wake up before he said that though my friend.......

On a side note, weren't you one of the cast of thousands on here that wanted Leslie to be the HC? I know that alot of posters hacked on me pretty hard when I made my "Coaching Staff" analysis thread last year.

Those chuckle heads crack me up as well.......snicker.....

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I really like Webb more and more every time I see him play. I think if he is even slightly more accurate he could be a very good QB.
    So do you think he can improve on his accuracy or do you believe he will always be inaccurate?

Obviously, we are hitched to Ponder and I hope he pans out and poor Joe ends up on the side. But if five or six games in it is clear that Ponder is still not elevating. Give Webb the rest of the year and see what happens.
    Kindof a short window to figure out if a QB is going to pan out don't ya think? Another question, what do you count as a measuring stick for "Elevating"?

You see how much higher Ponder was in 3rd down accuracy mixed in with his rating vs all the QB's in the league last year in the red zone (14% higer than the closest QB)?

Everyone of us saw some good stuff of things to come during that PUKER game......

Why The Numbers Don't Tell The Full Story Of Christian Ponder's Debut - Daily Norseman

......I can't believe there is anyone on this site that doesn't think Ponder is the future.

Get the kid some recievers to throw to other than Percy, a play caller who knows a play other than a 2-3 or 2-2 set and Ponder will be fine my friend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast