Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 98
  1. #61
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I like Bostic and Brown if we are going to stay in the tampa two. The other ones are just two down backers in the system. We could have kept Brinkley, their skill sets are very similar to him and we would have one less hole to fill. And please, please, please, PLEASE stay away from the honey badger.
    Why do you want to stay away from the honey badger?

  2. #62
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857
    True...
    Still would like a trade back with our 2nd first to pick up a late 3rd.

  3. #63
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,195
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ogletree is, as "kevoncox" already pointed our, a former safety and has good hips and explosiveness. I also like what you're saying about his versatility. This is because I believe Erin Henderson can perform just as good, perhaps better, at the inside. And I think the coaches also have this in mind. Don't be so surprised if Minnesota drafts an OLB instead of an MLB high in this draft.

    On another note, I find it hard to pick the best cover inside linebacker in this draft. Ogletree doesn't seem to have the instinct (perhaps that's part of the reason he was moved from safety in the first place), Kevin Minter is more of a run-stopper, Arthur Brown has nice quickness, but is not a big playmaker. Here's the ironic part: Numbers such as 40 yard time is being overly focused on, but other numbers which should be a big part in the process of evaluating Te'o are swept under the rug. Because strictly statistically speaking, Manti Te'o is the best cover inside linebacker coming out of college in a long time. Being more realistic, I'm very aware of that many of the INT's are about "being in the right place" as one would say, but it still should hold some merit. 7 interceptions by an inside linebacker in one college season is unheard of!

    With that being said, I think Te'o is not much better than average in man coverage, but can be good in zone-coverage as an MLB in the NFL. Fortunately for us, that's what he will be asked to do.

    As for the best cover ILB... I still want to bring up Kiko Alonso. He has great potential.

  4. #64
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Ogletree is, as "kevoncox" already pointed our, a former safety and has good hips and explosiveness. I also like what you're saying about his versatility. This is because I believe Erin Henderson can perform just as good, perhaps better, at the inside. And I think the coaches also have this in mind. Don't be so surprised if Minnesota drafts an OLB instead of an MLB high in this draft.

    On another note, I find it hard to pick the best cover inside linebacker in this draft. Ogletree doesn't seem to have the instinct (perhaps that's part of the reason he was moved from safety in the first place), Kevin Minter is more of a run-stopper, Arthur Brown has nice quickness, but is not a big playmaker. Here's the ironic part: Numbers such as 40 yard time is being overly focused on, but other numbers which should be a big part in the process of evaluating Te'o are swept under the rug. Because strictly statistically speaking, Manti Te'o is the best cover inside linebacker coming out of college in a long time. Being more realistic, I'm very aware of that many of the INT's are about "being in the right place" as one would say, but it still should hold some merit. 7 interceptions by an inside linebacker in one college season is unheard of!

    With that being said, I think Te'o is not much better than average in man coverage, but can be good in zone-coverage as an MLB in the NFL. Fortunately for us, that's what he will be asked to do.

    As for the best cover ILB... I still want to bring up Kiko Alonso. He has great potential.
    How many did he have before last season.... Answer = 0
    I would rather have 4 ints/yr over 4 years than 1 year of 7. It makes me ask...what is the norm for you?

    Also, I am very torn over everything in this draft. I have never seen a draft where any and everything remains a possibility.

    WR + LB = missing out on DT
    LB + DT = Missing out on WR

    I litterally wished we had 6 first round picks. Lets not even talk about trading up for Star Louietoli (spelling)

  5. #65
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,195
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    How many did he have before last season.... Answer = 0
    I would rather have 4 ints/yr over 4 years than 1 year of 7. It makes me ask...what is the norm for you?

    Also, I am very torn over everything in this draft. I have never seen a draft where any and everything remains a possibility.

    WR + LB = missing out on DT
    LB + DT = Missing out on WR

    I litterally wished we had 6 first round picks. Lets not even talk about trading up for Star Louietoli (spelling)
    You and me both...

  6. #66
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    How many did he have before last season.... Answer = 0
    I would rather have 4 ints/yr over 4 years than 1 year of 7. It makes me ask...what is the norm for you?

    Also, I am very torn over everything in this draft. I have never seen a draft where any and everything remains a possibility.

    WR + LB = missing out on DT
    LB + DT = Missing out on WR

    I litterally wished we had 6 first round picks. Lets not even talk about trading up for Star Louietoli (spelling)

    Manti Teo, ILB, Notre Dame, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

    Returned for his senior season dedicated to making himself a more productive defender against the pass and was incredibly successful in those role, demonstrating not only better speed and fluidity but instincts in coverage. Entered his senior campaign with zero career interceptions but recorded seven in 2012 to lead all FBS linebackers

  7. #67
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Why do you want to stay away from the honey badger?
    It's my own personal opinion but I watched his interviews and he appears to me as someone who knows more than everyone else. And once he gets his money will think he is able to do his thing (drugs) and still play at a high level. I also don't think everyone is Antoine Winfield and I don't like his height and weight. My biggest concerns are off the field, I thnk he may even have a good rookie season but I think in th elong run he will end up like Pacman Jones.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  8. #68
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    I believe Erin Henderson can perform just as good, perhaps better, at the inside. And I think the coaches also have this in mind. Don't be so surprised if Minnesota drafts an OLB instead of an MLB high in this draft.
    Isn't that what they did with E.J.?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #69
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Isn't that what they did with E.J.?
    I could be wrong, but wasn't EJ a top MLB prospect, but they played him at OLB as he struggled at MLB initially. Once they move d him back after a few years he really started to gel.

  10. #70
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Many say the same about Bostic.

    Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com



    Bostic looks like a solid prospect, but he's projected in the 3rd round or later for a reason.
    Weak ILB group as they all have weaknesses. I think Bostic could be used on third down and defintely Ogletree. With this class, why didn't we just stay with Brinkley is my question? I am not convinced Ogletree can play the mike in the NFL. He can get caught up in the wash, he likes to use his shoulder instead of using his hands to shed a block. I don't really like our options for MIKE, Ogletree, I think will be a very good OLB in the NFL so if he doesn't make it in the middle, we can move him outside.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •