Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98
  1. #51
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Attention to all who'd rather draft Ogletree, Minter or Arthur Brown over Te'o

    HEY, True, true and true...I was thinking about this yesterday as well. Since it seems so likely we'll draft him, I started looking into several scouting reports to get a better idea of what/who he is. Some (who likely want him to fall) call him slow, but he ran right around the same speed as all of the other top MLBs. His 3-cone was nearly a top five number, and that is more important cuz it shows his ability to change directions on the fly and cover short distances. But, by every account, he is an intelligent team player and hard worker, exactly the kind of player our team is built around. And, since the MLB is the QB of the D who calls the plays and helps get his teammates lined up, that is very, very important!

    As for further down the list, IF this really is an elaborate smokescreen, a name for the fast 40 guys is Jon Bostic. Kid ran a top 40 time of 4.6, top 3-cone time of 6.99, and top 20 yd shuttle too at 6'1" and 245 lbs. He also led a top college defense, so I'm not sure why he doesn't get more love...? Perhaps, it comes down to intelligence?

    Jon Bostic Draft Profile
    I like Bostic and Brown if we are going to stay in the tampa two. The other ones are just two down backers in the system. We could have kept Brinkley, their skill sets are very similar to him and we would have one less hole to fill. And please, please, please, PLEASE stay away from the honey badger.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  2. #52
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I like Bostic and Brown if we are going to stay in the tampa two. The other ones are just two down backers in the system. We could have kept Brinkley, their skill sets are very similar to him and we would have one less hole to fill. And please, please, please, PLEASE stay away from the honey badger.
    How is ogletree a 2 down LB. He has the best cover skills of the group as a former safety.

  3. #53
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    How is ogletree a 2 down LB. He has the best cover skills of the group as a former safety.
    I forgot about Ogletree as I look for him to move to the weak side in the NFL. If they use him as a mike, you are right he is a very athletic LBer, I am just not sold on him playing the middle. If you watch his film he likes to use his shoulders way too much and doesn't use his hands very well. Not a good strategy for a mike shedding blocks.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  4. #54
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I forgot about Ogletree as I look for him to move to the weak side in the NFL. If they use him as a mike, you are right he is a very athletic LBer, I am just not sold on him playing the middle. If you watch his film he likes to use his shoulders way too much and doesn't use his hands very well. Not a good strategy for a mike shedding blocks.
    I would like to draft him to play the middle. If it doesn't work out atleast we can move him to the outside, where I am sure he will succeed. He is who I really want.

  5. #55
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,443
    To address my good man RK here (I'm not sure if you were fully kidding): The middle linebacker's main focus is to stop the run between the tackles. If he's good against the run, he has a fair chance at being a starter. The same can not be said if he's good against the pass.
    There might have been a little tongue in cheek in my comment. It just comes from watching our secondary get burned the last few years and line backers trying to catch receivers running free over the middle.

    I think we end up with Ogeltree.

    WWBGD

  6. #56
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I would like to draft him to play the middle. If it doesn't work out atleast we can move him to the outside, where I am sure he will succeed. He is who I really want.
    I'm with you and I thougth he might be there but his dui is fading and people are starting tolook at his athleticism again. I think it is going to be close if he makes it to us. I am not so sure he will make it at the mike but like I said he has a great skillset for a will in our system.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  7. #57
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I'm with you and I thougth he might be there but his dui is fading and people are starting tolook at his athleticism again. I think it is going to be close if he makes it to us. I am not so sure he will make it at the mike but like I said he has a great skillset for a will in our system.
    Bears will take him before us. I wouldn't mind trading up to the 19th spot. (Give up a 5th)

  8. #58
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Bears will take him before us. I wouldn't mind trading up to the 19th spot. (Give up a 5th)
    It would take more than a 5th, going from 23 to 18 is roughly 240 points. Thata would put us in a 3rd round pick, we may get by with a fourth.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  9. #59
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,815
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I like Bostic and Brown if we are going to stay in the tampa two. The other ones are just two down backers in the system. We could have kept Brinkley, their skill sets are very similar to him and we would have one less hole to fill. And please, please, please, PLEASE stay away from the honey badger.
    Many say the same about Bostic.

    Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

    A bit stiff in his upper body and can be eluded in the open field. Relies on his eyes rather than athleticism when in coverage and will likely struggle in this area in the NFL, making him likely a two-down linebacker.
    Bostic looks like a solid prospect, but he's projected in the 3rd round or later for a reason.

  10. #60
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    859
    Just say no to trading up. If Ogletree and T'eo are still available when the Bears pick, Vikes should chose the one left over.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •