Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Looks like Harbaugh wasn't impressed with Te'o lol

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    man he ran slow today ... i hope we pass on him at this point.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings will evaluate Manti Te'o

Yeah, he looks more and more like a problem waiting to happen as time goes by

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    If he's not that good, exactly what did this kid do to be a candidate for the Heisman in the first place?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If he's not that good, exactly what did this kid do to be a candidate for the Heisman in the first place?
    He went to Notre Dame.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Tim likes this post

others that also have liked this post

Eric White, Eric Crouch, Matt Lienart, Chris Weinke, Ron Dayne, Rashaan Salaam, Troy Smith, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    tim likes this post

eric white, eric crouch, matt lienart, chris weinke, ron dayne, rashaan salaam, troy smith, danny wuerffel, charlie ward, gino torretta, ty detmer

lol!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Tim likes this post

Eric White, Eric Crouch, Matt Lienart, Chris Weinke, Ron Dayne, Rashaan Salaam, Troy Smith, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer
    I assume you mean Jason White who won the Heisman in 2003?

A candidate is not considered a winner until he/she wins.

You listed a bunch of names that won the Heisman, not the candidates. ALL DAY was a candidate for the heisman! I do not ever remember Te'o winning the Heisman.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I assume you mean Jason White who won the Heisman in 2003?

A candidate is not considered a winner until he/she wins.

You listed a bunch of names that won the Heisman, not the candidates. ALL DAY was a candidate for the heisman! I do not ever remember Te'o winning the Heisman.
    His point that winning the Heisman does not mean you're a good pro prospect. Being nominated means even less.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Attention to all who'd rather draft Ogletree, Minter or Arthur Brown over Te'o

Newsflash: They all practically have the same speed. This especially goes out to all of you who buys into the 40 yard dash way too much. I think players are ridiculously mis-judged based on their measurable, but for you people I'm gonna collaborate just this time.

Everyone seems to know Manti Te'o's 40 yard time, but just for cautions; Te'o ran 4,82 at the Combine, and while some timed him at 4,69 at his Pro Day, the consensus seems to be that he ran 4,71.

Kevin Minter - ran virtually the same time as Te'o at both the Combine (4,81) and his Pro Day (4,68). He also had the exact same vertical leap at 33".
    HOWEVER, Te'o has a slightly bigger body. He's taller and has longer arms (and better too, remember he had seven picks last season? That's unheard of for a linebacker.). Taking this all into account, Manti Te'o has an edge on Minter.

Arthur Brown - The smallest out of all the four linebackers, the consensus seems to be that Brown ran around 4,67 on his Pro Day. That's virtually the same time as Te'o. It's hard to give Brown much of an edge on Te'o in the speed department considering Arthur Brown is even smaller than Minter,

Alec Ogletree - Known for the athletic one out of the group with the best size. Ogletree ran 4,7 at the Combine and around 4,65 at the Pro Day. That's 0,06 seconds less than Te'o. The more important part is that Te'o and Ogletree had identical 10 yard splits at the Combine. Also worth mentioning that Te'o had a FASTER time than Ogletree in the cone-drill.

Now that we have that behind us, let me just say that middle linebackers aren't supposed to be fast. There's a reason why none of the top 4 MLB's are even close to running under 4,6. Their responsibility is to run sideline to sideline. Think about it: A football field is 53 yards wide. In a 4-3 defensive scheme as Minnesota runs the outside linebackers are responsible to cover more grounds than the middle 'backer. That's like... let's just say 20-20 yards for the OLB's and 13 yards for the MLB. THIRTEEN YARDS!

Now tell me how important a MLB's forty time is!

PS: Don't sleep on Kiko Alonso! The fith best inside linebacker (at least in my book) with better size than any of the linebackers mentioned above, and with the most upside.
    Last edited by HEY; 04-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast