Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Notre Dame had one of the toughest schedules in the country, so it is tough to say he played well against easier teams. Granted they were not Bama, but they were still good teams. I can see your point, but it is possible he just had a bad game at the wrong time. The whole team looked bad that game. The Dline was manhandled one on one. That did make it easier for Bama to take him out at the second level. Plus didn't he just find out his girlfriend had a johnson before that game? That could affect his focus also.lol
    That would have thrown me for a loop.

I agree that part of his problem was ND's DL losing the fight at the line. Te'o has some issues getting off blocks and that was exploited when the DL couldn't absorb as many blocker as they did for most of the season. That could be a problem in the NFL though too.

I think Te'o is a decent player, but I don't know if he is first round caliber IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Notre Dame had one of the toughest schedules in the country, so it is tough to say he played well against easier teams. Granted they were not Bama, but they were still good teams. I can see your point, but it is possible he just had a bad game at the wrong time. The whole team looked bad that game. The Dline was manhandled one on one. That did make it easier for Bama to take him out at the second level. Plus didn't he just find out his girlfriend had a johnson before that game? That could affect his focus also.lol
    I've seen a lot of great performances from NFL players after a personal life tragedy. Favre's father passing away and Griffen's mother passing away are two that come to mind.
    If the discovery of a johnson was an excuse for an unispired performance on the field, it may be an indication of how he reacts to pressure, despite his talent. Some people have ability but fold under pressure.
    Perhaps it was simply an isolated instance of a bad game, as Singer suggests.
    I think the Vikings defense would be significantly better with a stud middle linebacker.
    If the Vikings draft Teo, I will support the pick and hope for the best.
    But I hope they pass.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I did watch the championship game and I can tell you that not only did ND get man handled by bigger, stronger players, but they also got F'd in the A by the refs 3 times in the first 5-10 minutes. I mean, Bama would have won the game anyway...it was obvious they had the advantage in size and overall talent on their side across the entire team, but the refs took all the fun out of it with their early BS calls that set Bama up 3 scores and put ND in a hole they had absolutely no chance of climbing out of.

Now, I'm not saying I watched Te'o specifically enough to say, hell yeah take him as our first, just that the game was way out of his hands early, and that his DL wasn't doing him any favors, and, well, ya know, he had that whole fake-dead-gf thing distracting him too.

IF our guys, Studwell, Spielman etc, who have watched all the tape take him at 23, I won't be disappointed. Except, for the fact that we'll be gambling that a worthy WR will still be there for our next pick...

The latest CMD from drafttek has us grabbing Minter out of LSU in the first, and that kid has great instincts and would be a huge upgrade vs. the pass over Brinkley, but perhaps, a bit less of a run plugger. Good pick IMO, but, it means that 5 or 6 WRs go off the board by our next pick, leaving us to choose Tavarres King (who!??) to fill what I feel is our biggest need. It's a deep draft for WRs, but I'm not thinking the 6th guy is as good as the top 3 or 4 at this point.

NFL Mock Draft 2013 Picks 17-32

Tavarres King, WR, Georgia, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Every time I see this kids name I can't get this tune out of my head:

Poor ol' Manti Te'o, ain't never got a kiss
    Poor ol' Manti Te'o, you don't know what you miss
    Is it any wonder, that his face is red?
    Manti Te'o, you poor old wooden head

queue the world's smallest fiddle

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Every time I see this kids name I can't get this tune out of my head:

Poor ol' Manti Te'o, ain't never got a kiss
    Poor ol' Manti Te'o, you don't know what you miss
    Is it any wonder, that his face is red?
    Manti Te'o, you poor old wooden head

queue the world's smallest fiddle
    Manti Te'o

Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o

Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o

Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o
    Manti Te'o

That should get you through the day.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Kids make mistakes. Hopefully he has learned from his.

If he falls to us, it would be worth a look to take him.
    I wouldn't want him, I don't think he fits the skill set of a tampa 2 MLB. He is primarily a 2 down Mike just like Brinkley, I think you guys wil be disappointed if you draft him and it is not his fault.

If we want a mike LB I would much rather have Ogletree or Mintor.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I did watch the championship game and I can tell you that not only did ND get man handled by bigger, stronger players, but they also got F'd in the A by the refs 3 times in the first 5-10 minutes. I mean, Bama would have won the game anyway...it was obvious they had the advantage in size and overall talent on their side across the entire team, but the refs took all the fun out of it with their early BS calls that set Bama up 3 scores and put ND in a hole they had absolutely no chance of climbing out of.

Now, I'm not saying I watched Te'o specifically enough to say, hell yeah take him as our first, just that the game was way out of his hands early, and that his DL wasn't doing him any favors, and, well, ya know, he had that whole fake-dead-gf thing distracting him too.

IF our guys, Studwell, Spielman etc, who have watched all the tape take him at 23, I won't be disappointed. Except, for the fact that we'll be gambling that a worthy WR will still be there for our next pick...

The latest CMD from drafttek has us grabbing Minter out of LSU in the first, and that kid has great instincts and would be a huge upgrade vs. the pass over Brinkley, but perhaps, a bit less of a run plugger. Good pick IMO, but, it means that 5 or 6 WRs go off the board by our next pick, leaving us to choose Tavarres King (who!??) to fill what I feel is our biggest need. It's a deep draft for WRs, but I'm not thinking the 6th guy is as good as the top 3 or 4 at this point.

NFL Mock Draft 2013 Picks 17-32

Tavarres King, WR, Georgia, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    There might Hunter out of Tenn. or Rogers out of Tenn. Tech. Both may be as good as the WRs ahead of them.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    There might Hunter out of Tenn. or Rogers out of Tenn. Tech. Both may be as good as the WRs ahead of them.
    I can't see this huge chasm between Hunter and Patterson, but I guess the folks mocking it up do. Keenan Allen would be a nice first round pick, too...and he might slide, as he's not a workout warrior. Then again, receivers usually need a few years to adjust to the professional game.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I've seen a lot of great performances from NFL players after a personal life tragedy. Favre's father passing away and Griffen's mother passing away are two that come to mind.
    If the discovery of a johnson was an excuse for an unispired performance on the field, it may be an indication of how he reacts to pressure, despite his talent. Some people have ability but fold under pressure.
    Perhaps it was simply an isolated instance of a bad game, as Singer suggests.
    I think the Vikings defense would be significantly better with a stud middle linebacker.
    If the Vikings draft Teo, I will support the pick and hope for the best.
    But I hope they pass.
    The chicks with d!(ks line was more tongue in cheek than a serious excuse for him. I actually agree with you hoping they pass but supporting him if they draft him. I thought a lot more of him before the championship game. I just think it is possible it may have been an off game for him, and his DL did not help him. Spielman will make the right choice.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I just find it odd that someone who was gullible & duped by another person over the internet is having his character & draft chances raked over the coals & his name dragged thru the mud by the media & football fans in the same time frame they were praising & lauding the career & character of a NFL player directly involved in a double murder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast