Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98
  1. #11
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,223
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    According to Marrdro he's (Greg Jennings) washed up...
    Yeah ... well ... as is the case occasionally ... Marrdro is flat wrong on this one.

    I don't know if Jennings is an elite talent anymore (or if he ever was), but he certainly is not washed up and certainly could make a huge difference here in Minny.

    I also think that Manti could make a difference here as well.

  2. #12
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Didn't he have this GF long before he was even considered a Heisman trophy candidate?

    If you're going to claim that his production level wasn't there in 1 game out of his entire collegiate career as a basis not to draft him, then I guess you feel we should opt out of all our draft picks, since every college player has had at least 1 bad game.
    +1

  3. #13
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    1
    I for one would love to have this guy on our team. Te'o can play ball! The kid's special. Enough said! We could really need a middle linebacker, and he could be the heart of our defense for many many years.

    Every year the same thing seems to happen. A guy is praised like a God in the beginning of the season, then when off-season comes around he is devalued to the point that he becomes underrated. On the good side, that would be just fine because then he can slip to the Vikings. I would be ecstatic to see him slip to us in the first round and he is predicted to go just a couple of draft picks before we pick (to the Bengals) in most mock drafts I've seen so the the chance he'll still be on the board is very good.

    As for the off-field stuff. First of all, he did not kill anyone, he did not arrange dog fights, he did not use drugs, he did not DUI, he did not fight anyone. He's a good person who wont get banned for anything. As for the girlfriend thing who was totally blown up by the media and effectively succeeded to manipulate the majority of people. (which again proves that the majority of Americans are easily manipulated... or are the media too good???) I don't know the truth, but I for sure wont say that he made the story up for many reason I wont get deeper into here (he says that it was not made-up from his part, women can do that type of things, etc.) I feel sorry for the guy, he seems like a guy who easily place his trust in others and I can relate to that. Unfortunately, bad people take advantage of his naive mind and not only was he lied to by someone he had feelings for and trusted, but then the people start calling him a liar, makes fun of him and patronize him. What happened to the benefit of the doubt? Poor guy. I really wish the best for him and for him to forget the whole thing.

  4. #14
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    1
    FYI, the only middle linebacker ranked in front of Te'o on some boards, Alec Ogletree, has a DUI and failed drug test on his resumee. But you don't seem to hear much about that. I know the girlfriend story about Te'o is more "entertaining", but so what if that happened. Who really gives a sh**?!

  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am all for getting a top notch MLB to anchor the defense. It is THE single most important position in the 4-3 and we have been lacking there since the days of Studwell and Del Rio. If he is a bit unstable we can always employ the Waterboy strategy and get him to think the QB is dissing his GF and watch him tear them up.

    There is no position on the team besides QB where I would like to land a blue chipper than MLB.

  6. #16
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    What makes me more nervous about Teo was just how bad he was at the end of the season. He was overrated even before this scandal broke out.

  7. #17
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Didn't he have this GF long before he was even considered a Heisman trophy candidate?

    If you're going to claim that his production level wasn't there in 1 game out of his entire collegiate career as a basis not to draft him, then I guess you feel we should opt out of all our draft picks, since every college player has had at least 1 bad game.
    Did every college player have that one bad game during the most important game of their life?
    You know, the one game where he knew everyone was watching?
    The one game where the pressure was on?
    The one game where the competiton was comprised of NFL caliber players?
    Just say no to T'eo. He has bust written all over him.

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Did every college player have that one bad game during the most important game of their life?
    You know, the one game where he knew everyone was watching?
    The one game where the pressure was on?
    The one game where the competiton was comprised of NFL caliber players?
    Just say no to T'eo. He has bust written all over him.
    I don't watch college ball, but I would have to think if you are one of the top players in contention for a Heisman, you're a pretty damn good player.

    Are we to shy away from all Notre Dame players because they lost that game?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't watch college ball, but I would have to think if you are one of the top players in contention for a Heisman, you're a pretty damn good player.

    Are we to shy away from all Notre Dame players because they lost that game?
    You didn't see the Championship game. That explains a lot.
    Teo looked like a boy against men. He may have played well against easier teams but didn't show up for the championship game.
    How will he do against NFL players?
    Perhaps great, but I have my doubts.

  10. #20
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    You didn't see the Championship game. That explains a lot.
    Teo looked like a boy against men. He may have played well against easier teams but didn't show up for the championship game.
    How will he do against NFL players?
    Perhaps great, but I have my doubts.
    Notre Dame had one of the toughest schedules in the country, so it is tough to say he played well against easier teams. Granted they were not Bama, but they were still good teams. I can see your point, but it is possible he just had a bad game at the wrong time. The whole team looked bad that game. The Dline was manhandled one on one. That did make it easier for Bama to take him out at the second level. Plus didn't he just find out his girlfriend had a johnson before that game? That could affect his focus also.lol
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •