Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Vikings | Wilf and Culpepper trade shots

KFFL
    Vikings | Wilf and Culpepper trade shots
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:35:30 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper and Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf blamed each other for the way Culpepper's career in Minnesota came to an end. Culpepper said, "Up until March 6, I felt I was going to be a Minnesota Viking. It really wasn't about money. It was about the principle of the whole thing. The way I see myself is way more important than any dollar amount that someone can throw at me." Wilf claims, "We tried everything to have him be our leader. But it seemed like a lot of things that happened last year, between the injury and the (Love Boat) incident, he felt it was time to move on. … His attitude has been building up since we asked him to work out up here. He decided, against everyone's suggestion, that he was going to do things independently on his own."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings | Wilf and Culpepper trade shots

Mark Rosen said on Kfan this morning that the Vikings had mailed him a laptop with the playbook on it to start studying for the WCO because he refused to come here to rehab and learn the system. The Vikings can monitor the laptop's use, Daunte did not open the laptop once! He never planned on returning here, except to go to court for the love boat!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

Like summarized in an earlier post:

1. The management's feelings were hurt.
    2. Daunte's feelings were hurt.
    3. No reconciliation took place.
    4. Daunte was traded.

End of story.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Mark Rosen said on Kfan this morning that the Vikings had mailed him a laptop with the playbook on it to start studying for the WCO because he refused to come here to rehab and learn the system. The Vikings can monitor the laptop's use, Daunte did not open the laptop once! He never planned on returning here, except to go to court for the love boat!
    That doesn't surprise me. :roll:

WWBGD

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Exactly, and now we need to move on. Pouting and moping around wont bring back Daunte and Moss. We as "Viking" fans just gotta move on.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?

vikingTurf Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?
    He is one of the sports news caster in a local tv afiliate.

Del Rio Guest

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    That is pretty big.

Who is Mark Rosen?
    He is one of the sports news caster in a local tv afiliate.
    Any reason to not believe him?

xvikingfan is offline Rookie

Hmmm,his attitude had been building up cuz they asked him to work out in Minnesota.Let's see$102 mllion contract,didn't play most of last season,wanted a bigger bonus and stunk up the field last year.For $102 million dollars,i'd workout wherever they asked me too.Goodbye and good riddens.

Mark Rosen has been around the Twin cities and the Vikings for a very long time...I'm sure he would be "in the know".

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast