singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings - Why they didn’t pack it in

[size=13pt]Why they didn’t pack it in[/size]

Dwight Smith and Pat Williams helped motivate the Vikings to move on after their humbling loss at Green Bay, putting them where they are now.

By KEVIN SEIFERT, Star Tribune

Last update: December 16, 2007 - 10:18 PM

The assignment seemed straightforward enough: ReÂÂ*create the scene in the visitor’s locker room Nov. 11 at Lambeau Field, where the Vikings had just absorbed one of the worst regular-ÂÂ*season defeats in team history. Detail how the team catapulted from a game that should have ended its season to its current position in the NFC’s wild card playoff race.........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings - Why they didn’t pack it in

It's hard to say what brings a team together, Dwight and Big Pat may have simplified our strategy, but it's still a age old one..."One Game at a Time". But the docking of T-Wills paycheck really brought these guys together. It's been great to see this team buck up, and it looks like we are playing better every week. How far will it take us? I don't know, but it is great to see a hungry fighting club rather than one that's just playing out the season. ~Skol Vikings.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very interesting read my friend.
    Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Rambro is offline Rookie

“The issue with Troy’s family, that brought this team together,” Smith said.
    This is why I believe that Williamson will not be cut this offseason.

Micah is offline Training Camp

I am surprised that it was D. Smith that helped rally the troops.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

What I find especially interesting in the article is that it seems to indicate that it was the team members that brought this team together and started a win streak. Like the article said, the team started "having fun."
    "Having fun..."
    This doesn't seem like Chilly's style of coaching. Nor does the article sound like Chilly had anything to do with this turnaround as several other articles have suggested. This is not another "bash Childress" post, but just looking at things from a little different angle.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    What I find especially interesting in the article is that it seems to indicate that it was the team members that brought this team together and started a win streak. Like the article said, the team started "having fun."
    "Having fun..."
    This doesn't seem like Chilly's style of coaching. Nor does the article sound like Chilly had anything to do with this turnaround as several other articles have suggested. This is not another "bash Childress" post, but just looking at things from a little different angle.
    When it comes to actually coaching the team and what happens inside the locker room and on the field, I for one don't believe a thing happens on this team that the Chiller doesn't approve of or engineer.

I see this as a thing he not only encourages but probably tried to foster, especially when you look at the entity they call the "Vikings player committee" .
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg