Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings wanting to trade down in draft

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Onterrio32

I say we trade our 1st pick for Ogunleye and then take our second round pick and our fourth round pick(?) and trade up into the late first round<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I doubt any team will trade a first round pick for our second and fourth. Probably not even our second and third. Somewhere, someone has a "draft pick value" guide that tells you what every pick in the draft is worth on a point based system. I'll have to look around for that, but I'm pretty sure with our picks at the 19 slot in the draft that there's no way we'll package two later picks to move up into the first round. Now, if we were closer to the top of the round, a second and third might get it done. But not at #19.

In the same manner, at #19, teams aren't going to offer us their two first round picks to move up two or three spots. Maybe their first and a late 2nd or something in the third, that is my guess. Of course, the later their 1st round pick is, the more valuable our #1 pick becomes.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

FYI...DUDES. BOTH JOHNSON AND NATIEL WERE IN THE 6TH ROUND. HOWREY IN THE 7TH.

sorry, didn't realize stalion already gave up that info. i agree that moving down to get al extra 3rd or so would be a great move. 1st round talent goes deep into the 2nd round this year. so if we moved to the 25-29th pick or so, and picked up a 3rd rounder, i'd be very pleased... keep an eye on the clock though. in fact, just have your man standing at the podium holding whatever pick we would make without a trade, just in case
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Onterrio32 is offline Training Camp

Where would the Vikes trade down to? I would think with the Cowboys or the Broncos..

whoever want's too. you never know what's going to happen on draft day, that's the beauty of it! can't wait!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234