Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Onterrio32 is offline Training Camp

Vikings wanting to trade down in draft

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bleedpurple

Antwon Hill. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is no such player named Antwan Hill.....do you mean Antwan Odom? And I'd be comfortable with Odom.

Probably the top professional prospect on the Alabama squad, Odom led the team last season and sacks and finished second in the SEC. He's got everything you want in a defensive end: size, strength and speed. - From VU.com

Odom is a safe pick to me....and I would take him. He is arguably the best Pass Rusher in the draft..

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Onterrio32

Probably the top professional prospect on the Alabama squad, Odom led the team last season and sacks and finished second in the SEC. He's got everything you want in a defensive end: size, strength and speed. - From VU.com

Odom is a safe pick to me....and I would take him. He is arguably the best Pass Rusher in the draft..
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have heard a lot lately, about Odom jumping up the boards, much like Kevin Williams did close to the draft last year. I think he would be a good pick if we move down a few spots, to late in the first round or early in the 2nd. Marquise Hill is a possible stud DE. He is very athletic and is slowly moving up the draft boards. He could be another suprise pick for the vikes(like Williams last year) who might turn out to be a great pick. I might be upset if we called his name at 19, like last year when I was yelling for Suggs, but he has the athletic ability to be a good NFL DE. I like both guys, not at 19, but if we moved down and got another pick as well.

Don't rule out the possibility of moving up a few spots to grab Smith or Udeze. Unlike last year, we don't have a million holes to fill on our team. We do still have a few spots to fill, mainly a DE or 2, but we can afford to loose a couple picks to get the DE we desperately need. There are some good LB's that are expected to be cut after june 1st, so that would fill that ned for us, if we don't get to draft one.

willbjammin is offline Rookie

as long as we improve our defense by picking up people that our scouts have looked at that is the main thing

Marquise Hill moving slowly is right...not the up part though...he ran a terrible 40 Time! It was like a 5. somethin....he is a bust to me.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Marquise Hill is a huge guy (over 300lbs) and does not have the speed to be a top pass rusher. I think he would be a good fit for us because he would greatly improve our run defense on the edge. And on obvious passing down we could bring in a fresh Nick Rodgers or Lance Johnstone to get the pressure on the QB.
    What do you guys think?
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Marquise Hill is a huge guy (over 300lbs) and does not have the speed to be a top pass rusher. I think he would be a good fit for us because he would greatly improve our run defense on the edge. And on obvious passing down we could bring in a fresh Nick Rodgers or Lance Johnstone to get the pressure on the QB.
    What do you guys think?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I like that idea but I still think trading down would be good, grab an extra pick or two, and still get the guy they want.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Big Daddy

Marquise Hill is a huge guy (over 300lbs) and does not have the speed to be a top pass rusher. I think he would be a good fit for us because he would greatly improve our run defense on the edge. And on obvious passing down we could bring in a fresh Nick Rodgers or Lance Johnstone to get the pressure on the QB.
    What do you guys think?

First off Babin is not worthy of a first rounder, plain and simple. Hill or Odom would be better picks. Secondly I really don't think Hill would be a good pick. He is a run stopper, and we would be drafting him to take Mixon's position only. WE need a pass rusher more,Odom would be the best one. Though I heard he has had injury problems.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Marquise Hill and Antwon Odom would still be available late in the first or early in the second, so we would be able to trade down and get another pick. But there is a long time until draft day so who knows whats going to happen.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Big Daddy

What do you guys think?

First off Babin is not worthy of a first rounder, plain and simple. Hill or Odom would be better picks. Secondly I really don't think Hill would be a good pick. He is a run stopper, and we would be drafting him to take Mixon's position only. WE need a pass rusher more,Odom would be the best one. Though I heard he has had injury problems.

I agree with you 100% that we need a pure pass rusher more than we need a run stuffer. I just think it will come down to who's available and how confident we are in the combo of Johnstone/Rogers being able to stay fresh and put put pressure on the QB. I'll be happy as long as we get a DE who ever it is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast