Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings wanting to trade down in draft

i think Smith and Udeze will be gone so we should go to the back of the first and get Antwan Odom or Babin. And also get an extra pick from it but you dont say what you want to do before the draft. It cant help us so why say it
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Onterrio32 is offline Training Camp

Why not take Odom at 19?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

This is one real possibility, for the vikes to do on draft day. It obviously won't happen until they are on the clock or close to it, so that kind of scares me. If Will Smith and Kenechi Udeze are both gone early, then it would be great to move down a few spots, get another first day pick, and still get our targeted DE in either Antwan Odom or Marquise Hill. If we can get either of those DE's, or another DE we want, by moving down and getting a pick for it, then that would be a great move. This is the same move we tried last year, when we had a trade to move down a few spots, still get Kevin Williams, and we would have gotten a first day draft pick.

If an opportunity presents itself to move up a few spots to get Will Smith or Udeze, we would take a serious look at that too. It seems more likely that we will be picking our first pick from a spot other than the 19th pick, we shall see if it is gonna be before that pick or after it. One thing is forsure, WE NEED DE'S!!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Making this statement can only mean a couple of things.

1. We feel that there is absolutely no chance that Udeze or Smith will be around when we pick at #19. Therefore we could trade down to the later part of the first or beginning of the second and still pick up Marquise Hill or Antwan Odom and also get another pick in the process.

OR

2. We are close to a deal with Miami that would bring Ogunleye to Minnesota for something other that our first rounder this year (sign/trade). Which would mean we could give up our first rounder and move down because we can still pick up a good DE/LB/WR in the second round.

OR BOTH

Or it could possibly be an April Fools joke! Hahahaha
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Onterrio32 is offline Training Camp

I say we trade our 1st pick for Ogunleye and then take our second round pick and our fourth round pick(?) and trade up into the late first round....then with that pick we try to get Antwan Odom or Jason Babin...

BTW Marquise Hill is a bust....his numbers are terrible!

Edit: My aunt said she knows Mike Tice and had some food w/ him? I guess one of her friends knew him or something....I should ask her to get his phone number so I can tell him what to do....[]!

It hasnt worked out recently. They better make sure they have a deal done so we dont slide down unnecserally like last 2 years. It would work if we actually get a trade done before our clock runs out. I dont want to sit in horror and watch our pick to slide as good players drop off the board. It's embearassing we look disorgainized

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

First off, we didn't have a fith rounder last year, that went to Cleveland for some reason I can't remember. We had two 6th round picks, Eddie Johnson and Mike Nattiel. I think trading our first rounder would only be good if we somehow got 2 second rounders. A 2nd and a third does not equal a first round pick unless it is close to the top of the second round. It might be a good draft day trade, but I would love to see how the draft plays out before we abandon all hope that anyone will be available.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Making this statement can only mean a couple of things.

1. We feel that there is absolutely no chance that Udeze or Smith will be around when we pick at #19. Therefore we could trade down to the later part of the first or beginning of the second and still pick up Marquise Hill or Antwan Odom and also get another pick in the process.

OR

2. We are close to a deal with Miami that would bring Ogunleye to Minnesota for something other that our first rounder this year (sign/trade). Which would mean we could give up our first rounder and move down because we can still pick up a good DE/LB/WR in the second round.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree with the 1st part, I am thinking thats what will happen. If we lose our first pick, we might not get a great DE or LB(like Smith or DJ WIlliams), but we can probabaly get a pretty good DE and LB in the late first/second round. Personally I think using the #19 pick on Odom or Hill would be a big stretch, I'd rather see who's around later, and get some extra picks. As for the second part, Im really doubting Ogunleye is coming to Minnesota, but if they could put together a good deal for it then it would be great. And I don't know why we would would want a WR in the draft, we are great at that position, and good depth. The positions that need to be addressed in the draft ar DE, LB, OL, and a few special teams players would be nice.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I'm not sold on Marquise Hill or even Antwon Hill. I guess HIll may be a good pro but I'd feel more comfortable with Babin. Hill in the first would be a BIG mistake. I dont think he's worth the 19th pick. personally. I think we'd be better off picking a LB inthe first if it came down to it..

Big Daddy is offline Starter

ESPN Insider has Babin listed as a 3rd-4th round pick as a development pass rusher, and says he lacks bulk/size. Why would we want to draft him late in the first when it sounds like he would still be around late in the second?
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast