Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings want privacy and lots of public money

"Webby" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Prophet,

Do you know of any web sites where we as fans can write our wishes for a new stadium. I'de like to tell those politicians how just one person (myself), making a trip from out of State to see the Vikings can help bring in money for the people and the State of MN..

My trip last Dec.-Jan. lasted 3 days and I probably spent close to if not over $1,000 to visit MN and see the Vikings play....And thats only one fan....

They need to hear more of this and be aware how much of a draw in tourisum the Vikings bring to their State..

Ned
    Contact your politicians.

I am going to set up a petition here within the next week as well and we will forward to different groups.
    Can you make it so "visitors" & "lurkers" can sign the petition without joining?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Prophet,

Do you know of any web sites where we as fans can write our wishes for a new stadium. I'de like to tell those politicians how just one person (myself), making a trip from out of State to see the Vikings can help bring in money for the people and the State of MN..

My trip last Dec.-Jan. lasted 3 days and I probably spent close to if not over $1,000 to visit MN and see the Vikings play....And thats only one fan....

They need to hear more of this and be aware how much of a draw in tourisum the Vikings bring to their State..

Ned

I am going to set up a petition here within the next week as well and we will forward to different groups.
    Can you make it so "visitors" & "lurkers" can sign the petition without joining?
    "singersp" wrote:
    The "not knowing" part is the most frustrating. I certainly want them to be honest with the fans & would like them to at least squash some of the rumors when they can.

I don't want them leading us on to believe one thing when they're doing another, like they did with the Moss trade.
    I want to sign that Webby!

Singer your right on that "not knowing," that is what I was getting at on my post above. Fans need to know about the players, but I don't care about the business end. We don't really need to know their business practices unless it hurts the players.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Thank you webby I would love a chance to sign anything that could let these guys know how we feel!

I have been kinda quiet as of late, but still reading! I dont know much about the college players and so I dont have much to contribute to the boards right now.

But with this whole issue, this whole privacy thing is rediculous. If he is a sports writer and knows anything about sports, he should realize that teams do have to keep things private for the sake of the franchise! That would be like giving the other team a list of every single play you are going to run on sunday. Privacy is needed in order to be successive in the free agent market, in trades, in game plans, or just about anything else.

I do not have a problem with them wanting this "privacy" if it rights the ship and improves this team. Whatever it takes to get us a ring.

The Star Tribute has just lost a customer...I always picked up one of their papers when I visited the cities. Because of the numerous articles I have read as of late I have a very hard time supporting these guys.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Prophet,

Ned

Sounds like a great idea Webby, my name will definitley be on it!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

A closed lipped Viking Organization...one that doesn't wash their laundry in public...one that doesn't tip off the competition about possible moves...one that doesn't stroke the media by hand feeding them information that they'll simply spin to their own ends...

And the problem is????

There is NOTHING wrong with this approach...in fact, there is nothing DIFFERENT about this approach. When did the Vikings ever come out and tell us (or the Media), "Hey, here's a copy of our draft board...and these are the Free Agents we like...oh, yeah, and these guys will probably get cut." I'll answer that for you...NEVER!! All they're doing is telling the media UP FRONT that they won't.

And they went one better...they said that there had been instances in the past where too much information was sent out, and they will be curtailing that in order to maintain - and here's the qualifier - their competativeness.

You don't think that every single NFL team hires people to watch every OTHER NFL team? You don't think that the Vikings have people watching the Packers, Bears, Lions, and everyone else? C'mon!!! Of course they do!!! And you don't think it helps tip our competition every single time we open our yaps about our future plans?!?!? Of course it does.

And yet some think that they should do it anyway?!?!?!? PLEASE, drive down here to Wisconsin, line up in front of my house, and I will walk down the line, smacking you in the head with a 2x4 for being stupid. Better yet...draw a bullseye on a piece of paper, tape it to a brick wall at head level, then run full tilt and try and hit the bullseye with your nose.

The Public has a right to know JACK!!

The Vikings are a privately held company...see them listed on the NYSE? Nope, sure don't. They would fall between Mine Safety Appliances Company and Minerals Technologies Inc. Nope, not there. So, contrary to what you may believe, they are not a "Public Company", and, as such, are not required to divuldge bupkiss.

How about Green Bay? They are, allegedly, community owned. Why aren't THEY required to tell all? Things that make you go, "Hmmmmm".

And, my last word on the stadium deal. The stadium will bring so much money IN to Anoka county that anyone opposed to it is simply full of bovine excrement. The Government - State and Federal - hike our taxes up a lot more than that every time we turn around, for things that aren't going to do squat for us...yet we don't even whimper. Now, a deal comes along that will actually increase the financial opportunities in Anoka county...and people are pissy because they may pay an extra couple hundred bucks per year?!?!?! PULL YOUR COLLECTIVE HEADS OUT!!!

I guarantee that the people of Los Angeles will GLADLY take your franchise...I can also guarantee that there are a dozen other major US cities that will do it. Hells bells, perhaps Minnesota SHOULD lose the Vikings....maybe then they'll appreciate what they HAD...not that I want that to happen, mind you. But all this stupidity really ticks me off.

So, to recap;

Information to media = bad.
    New Stadium = Good.
    Stupid people = 2x4 in my garage with your name on it.

Any questions?

Caine

This seems like an article to sway the public a certain way. The organization is probably talking about Tice talking about the Randy Ratio on ESPN and exposing weeknesses every press conference.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    And, my last word on the stadium deal. The stadium will bring so much money IN to Anoka county that anyone opposed to it is simply full of bovine excrement. The Government - State and Federal - hike our taxes up a lot more than that every time we turn around, for things that aren't going to do squat for us...yet we don't even whimper. Now, a deal comes along that will actually increase the financial opportunities in Anoka county...and people are pissy because they may pay an extra couple hundred bucks per year?!?!?! PULL YOUR COLLECTIVE HEADS OUT!!!

Caine
    And I doubt it would be even a couple of hundred bucks. There is no sales tax on clothing or food in MN.

In order to pay $200 at a rate of 0.75% (75 cents per $100.00) a person would have to spend $26,666.67 on taxable items.

With food & clothing being non-taxable, the average tax payer wouldn't come close to paying that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

"Caine" wrote:
    So, to recap;

Information to media = bad.
    New Stadium = Good.
    Stupid people = 2x4 in my garage with your name on it.

Any questions?

Caine
    ROTFLMAO! My take exactly Caine! Keep 'em coming! :headbang:

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345