Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings want privacy and lots of public money

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    ...Hey they are a private business we will learn stuff as it comes out. ...
    Once a business gets a bunch of coin from the public it is no longer a private business. The stockholders have a right to know. If people put clams into a business they have every right to know what is going on with their money. If the business doesn't want to divulge that information then they shouldn't be asking for public money. Simple as that.
    The article that this thread is about is talking about public money supporting the stadium.

So far the Vikings have not received any money from the State of Minnesota, the Metrodome had leases and those leases and income have paid for the stadium and paid for renovations. The Vikings have asked for money from the State and Anoka County, but have not received it. I do not understand how you view them as public company.

Are they supposed to come out and say we do not want Daunte back at any price? Do you think that would help there bargaining position?

Should they come out and tell everyone which players they like and do not like? Would that help their negotiations with those players and the trade value of the other players?
    I won't address the funny, but ridiculous examples. There is nothing tricky about my comments. In any business, if people are going to fork over their own clams, then they have some say in the business and have a right to have some say in the business. The gist of the whole situation is that some people do not want to pay their money toward a new stadium and some do and some are indifferent. If you don't please, at a minimum, the politicians who are theoreticially supposed to be representing us, then the whole stadium issue funded by public monies will not come to fruition. Zygi and his people are well aware of this and working on making the stadium a reality.

=======

added later.

The article is talking about public monies, that is why I was talking about it since it is the same thread.

The bottom-line is that if the vocal people that are contacting their representatives are silenced or minimized by having even more people call in support of the stadium then it will get passed. People have to vocalize and organize if the politicians are the people holding things up. They will listen to the most vocal group.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

A balance must be found. I don't like the idea of the Viking Organisation being too tight lipped, but I can understand limiting the information for competitive reasons.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Now lets look at it from every view. Would you rather have everyone in the Vikings group be quiet, or be like Tice a loud mouth and let everyone in the Nfl know what their next move is?

I like the new look Vikings. I think finally this team is going to get the respect they deserve..

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Once a business gets a bunch of coin from the public it is no longer a private business. The stockholders have a right to know. If people put clams into a business they have every right to know what is going on with their money. If the business doesn't want to divulge that information then they shouldn't be asking for public money. Simple as that.
    The article that this thread is about is talking about public money supporting the stadium.

So far the Vikings have not received any money from the State of Minnesota, the Metrodome had leases and those leases and income have paid for the stadium and paid for renovations. The Vikings have asked for money from the State and Anoka County, but have not received it. I do not understand how you view them as public company.

Are they supposed to come out and say we do not want Daunte back at any price? Do you think that would help there bargaining position?

Should they come out and tell everyone which players they like and do not like? Would that help their negotiations with those players and the trade value of the other players?
    I won't address the funny, but ridiculous examples. There is nothing tricky about my comments. In any business, if people are going to fork over their own clams, then they have some say in the business and have a right to have some say in the business. The gist of the whole situation is that some people do not want to pay their money toward a new stadium and some do and some are indifferent. If you don't please, at a minimum, the politicians who are theoreticially supposed to be representing us, then the whole stadium issue funded by public monies will not come to fruition. Zygi and his people are well aware of this and working on making the stadium a reality.

=======

added later.

The article is talking about public monies, that is why I was talking about it since it is the same thread.

The bottom-line is that if the vocal people that are contacting their representatives are silenced or minimized by having even more people call in support of the stadium then it will get passed. People have to vocalize and organize if the politicians are the people holding things up. They will listen to the most vocal group.
    Prophet,

Do you know of any web sites where we as fans can write our wishes for a new stadium. I'de like to tell those politicians how just one person (myself), making a trip from out of State to see the Vikings can help bring in money for the people and the State of MN..

My trip last Dec.-Jan. lasted 3 days and I probably spent close to if not over $1,000 to visit MN and see the Vikings play....And thats only one fan....

They need to hear more of this and be aware how much of a draw in tourisum the Vikings bring to their State..

Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

VikingNed

The issue is if you want a viking stadium you can. Call up your local rep for the state legislation let them know how you feel. I wish I could but I'm just a chessehead viking fan down here and would no doubt be shunned!

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Yes, but even a public company doesn't tell the stock holders what they're going to do ahead of time. In fact, most public companies have only recently released their 4th quarter results for last year. Imagine that. If the Vikings were acting like a true public company, we'd still be waiting to find out if they made the playoffs.

Okay, that was a bit silly, but you get the point. The Vikings have no more of a responsibility to the public to divulge their free agent targets than Microsoft has to divulge the list of features built in to the next version of windows.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Yes, but even a public company doesn't tell the stock holders what they're going to do ahead of time. In fact, most public companies have only recently released their 4th quarter results for last year. Imagine that. If the Vikings were acting like a true public company, we'd still be waiting to find out if they made the playoffs.

Okay, that was a bit silly, but you get the point. The Vikings have no more of a responsibility to the public to divulge their free agent targets than Microsoft has to divulge the list of features built in to the next version of windows.
    100% agreed Jos!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    VikingNed

The issue is if you want a viking stadium you can. Call up your local rep for the state legislation let them know how you feel. I wish I could but I'm just a chessehead viking fan down here and would no doubt be shunned!

Mike
    That's all well & good, but Ned's local Rep is in Connecticut! :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    VikingNed

Mike
    That's all well & good, but Ned's local Rep is in Connecticut! :grin:
    Yeah, but they're still so paranoid on the East Coast that as soon as Ned tells them that he's in the "concrete" business, they'll get right to work.

Prophet Guest

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:

I have no problem agreeing with that. I obviously am not even coming close to communicating effectively today. Maybe I should get some sleep or drink a few beers.

My only point was that if the Vikings want public support they have to sell their product effectively. Wilf is trying to do that and gain public support. Nobody that I know will willingly give up their hard-earned money to support something they are not in agreement with. That's all I was trying to say.

That puts the ball into the court of the supporters versus the non-supporters or indifferent people. Make some noise to the politicians if they are to blame for holding up the stadium issue. Unfortunatley, the most vocal people tend to be the people that are against something.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast