Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings want privacy and lots of public money

I think this whole thing is just a bunch of belly-aching and griping from the media. So what if they don't want to release every little thing they do to the public? Granted, they get public funding, but does every public institution release all of their plans for the present and the future to the public? No. It's a business as much as it is a public institution, so the Wilf's can say as much or as little as they want. Judd is just crying because they're making his job harder.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Biased news article from a biased source. He does a great job of only presenting part of the imformation. For instance:

As his news conference neared an end, Foley was asked if he thought the answers he was giving the fans would keep them happy.

"I would just offer to the fans to know that we, too, feel an evaluation," he said in a stunning end run around the question. "Mr. Wilf is evaluating me every day, just as I am evaluating the process by which we do our business. All I would ask from them is to give us a chance as we go forward here. We're new to the task. I think they'll see some results in a short time, but that remains to be seen."
    The actual question was: Do you think the answers you are giving to the fans today will keep them happy or are you just telling them to sit back and wait and watch to see what the team does?

Foley didn't give a "stunning end run around the question." He answered it exactly as asked. Does he think the fans will be happy with the answers or is he asking them to wait and see? He said that he is asking them to be patient and see what the results are.

Granted, Foley wasn't exactly forthcoming with his answers, and I would like to see the Vikings more open to the public with information... but there is no need to skew the truth just to get a point across. Plus, the offseason is a time of strategy. What next, does the press want the Vikings to announce all of their draft choices in advance? Just because they are closed mouthed now doesn't mean that they intend on keeping the press, or the fans, in the dark...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Judd is just crying because they're making his job harder.
    maybe he might have to do some **shock, horror ** research as part of his job
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Now read this paragraph carefully:
    But Foley's introductory news conference as the Vikings' vice president of player personnel -- three weeks after he was hired -- made it obvious this goes beyond keeping the media at arm's length. The franchise would do the same to a fan base that has filled the Metrodome on a regular basis since 1998.
    Boy, if that isn't MAKING UP news I don't know what is! "The franchise would do..." (how the heck does he come to that assumption?)

He makes it sound as if the public owns the Vikings. I only know of one team in the NFL that is owned by the public and it ain't the Vikings.

The stadium issue is totally different than the Vikings ownership. Here the public will GET money from the tax on sales. And I'm sure the Vikings would want to share all their information on the stadium issue as they have been doing. But the public has NO right to meddle in the Vikings organization. Wilf and his partners paid for it and they have every right to run it as they choose.
    If the fans don't like the way it is run, they have the right to not pay to go to the games.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Judd is just crying because they're making his job harder.
    maybe he might have to do some **shock, horror ** research as part of his job

Maybe Judd should move to Wisconson there is plenty cheese for wine there! The star tribune seems to bash any stadium talks. Sometimes I wonder if they have stock in the Metrodome

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

As a matter of fact, I believe they do!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I wonder if they have stock in the Metrodome

Don't they lease part of the lot that it is on? I seem to remember when they were bashing the Metrodome being built (some things never change) that they changed their tune once the land was purchased or leased from the Star Trib, or something like that...

Please correct me if I am wrong, it's early and I have not had nearly enough caffiene yet...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    ...Hey they are a private business we will learn stuff as it comes out. ...
    Once a business gets a bunch of coin from the public it is no longer a private business. The stockholders have a right to know. If people put clams into a business they have every right to know what is going on with their money. If the business doesn't want to divulge that information then they shouldn't be asking for public money. Simple as that.

So far the Vikings have not received any money from the State of Minnesota, the Metrodome had leases and those leases and income have paid for the stadium and paid for renovations. The Vikings have asked for money from the State and Anoka County, but have not received it. I do not understand how you view them as public company.

Are they supposed to come out and say we do not want Daunte back at any price? Do you think that would help there bargaining position?

Should they come out and tell everyone which players they like and do not like? Would that help their negotiations with those players and the trade value of the other players?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    ...Hey they are a private business we will learn stuff as it comes out. ...
    Once a business gets a bunch of coin from the public it is no longer a private business. The stockholders have a right to know. If people put clams into a business they have every right to know what is going on with their money. If the business doesn't want to divulge that information then they shouldn't be asking for public money. Simple as that.

So far the Vikings have not received any money from the State of Minnesota, the Metrodome had leases and those leases and income have paid for the stadium and paid for renovations. The Vikings have asked for money from the State and Anoka County, but have not received it. I do not understand how you view them as public company.

Are they supposed to come out and say we do not want Daunte back at any price? Do you think that would help there bargaining position?

Should they come out and tell everyone which players they like and do not like? Would that help their negotiations with those players and the trade value of the other players?
    Well said :smile:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I will truly be informed when something happens.

I really don't need to hear the griping, moaning and rumors.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast