"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Chilly's Favorite Reciepe

1) Take 1 Superstar
    2) Add a dash of Chilly philosphy
    3) Mix with a pinch of KAO
    4) Stir till they become a bust!
    I am guessing that you didn't even read the article.
    Childress said that he doesn't want AD to overextend himself in the offseason.

Childress gave that quote in a big media session. Later when he met with Twin Cities reporters, he was asked to elaborate. Childress talked about Peterson’s hectic off-the-field schedule — one that comes with being an elite athlete.

“He literally could do an event and crisscross the United States and probably the globe every day and get paid astronomical amounts of money,” Childress said. “But there’s a price to pay for that in terms of wear and tear on your body and working out and that type of thing. I think he knows now having played 16 games [in a season] that he needs to rest. He needs to take care of the faculties that got him here and I think he’s doing a decent job of that. And rest doesn’t mean laying on the couch and eating chocolate. … [The endorsements] seem like a good thing to do at the time but I think he would tell you himself now it’s not such a good thing to do. You learn.”
    Childress is saying to use the offseason wisely.
    And he is right.
    Yeah... because Peterson is his only hope to keep his job during the regular season... that's why.
    Not if he doesn't learn how to pass block & catch the ball.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Vikings want Adrian Peterson to slow down

"singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar

Childress gave that quote in a big media session. Later when he met with Twin Cities reporters, he was asked to elaborate. Childress talked about Peterson’s hectic off-the-field schedule — one that comes with being an elite athlete.

“He literally could do an event and crisscross the United States and probably the globe every day and get paid astronomical amounts of money,” Childress said. “But there’s a price to pay for that in terms of wear and tear on your body and working out and that type of thing. I think he knows now having played 16 games [in a season] that he needs to rest. He needs to take care of the faculties that got him here and I think he’s doing a decent job of that. And rest doesn’t mean laying on the couch and eating chocolate. … [The endorsements] seem like a good thing to do at the time but I think he would tell you himself now it’s not such a good thing to do. You learn.”
    And he is right.
    Yeah... because Peterson is his only hope to keep his job during the regular season... that's why.
    That's honestly the LEAST of our offense's worries.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar

And he is right.
    I tend to agree with that, but I also can't help but think that it would make calling the offense a hell of a lot easier(and Childress clearly needs help in that department.) And IMO if we had a capable playcaller we'd be a great offense, even with Jackson at QB. After we bolstered the pass protection.

But if I were forced to choose between taking the risk of a sack or dropped pass with Peterson on the field or essentially telling the defense what type of play is coming, I'll take Peterson on 3rd downs. The best way for him to learn to do these things is actually doing them in game, especially blocking. You can teach technique in practice, but you can never really apply it accurately if it's not at game speed.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar

And he is right.
    Can you say "PREDICTABILITY"?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12