Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings want Adrian Peterson to slow down

[size=13pt]Slowing down Adrian[/size]

February 20th, 2009 – 4:52 PM

by
    Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

INDIANAPOLIS — This might be hard to believe but the Vikings actually want Adrian Peterson to slow down. Coach Brad Childress said as much today although he wasn’t talking about slowing Peterson on the field....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

Re: Vikings want Adrian Peterson to slow down

Thanks for the link, Singer
    I was never on the "Peterson for MVP" bandwagon.
    I think he needs to stay on the field more to be considered in the ranks of a league MVP.
    As long as the extra weight doesn't equate to a slower Peterson, than I'm cool with it.
    I'd love to see him and Chester in on a 3rd down situation, on a consistent basis; be it a long or short conversion needed.
    Mostly though, the added muscle may help him hold on to the ball ??? ???

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Being a superstar takes away from your concentration and prep for playing football. Adrian can't relax as every spare minute he has demands on his time from charities, speaking, commercial endorsements etc... Childress only points out the obvious here, and AD knows it as well. Spend more time on your craft, get better, and bugdet your free time more wisely.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Chilly's Favorite Reciepe

1) Take 1 Superstar
    2) Add a dash of Chilly philosphy
    3) Mix with a pinch of KAO
    4) Stir till they become a bust!

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar
    Maybe Chilly just misunderstands the term "bust".
    Maybe he thinks if you say we got a bust, he thinks that translates too "Damn im so happy we drafted this kid, i feel like im going to bust."
    Twill was the fastest bust Chilly's ever had.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar
    Maybe Chilly just misunderstands the term "bust".
    Maybe he thinks if you say we got a bust, he thinks that translates too "gol 'darnit im so happy we drafted this kid, i feel like im going to bust."
    Twill was the fastest bust Chilly's ever had.
    Except that Tice drafted TWill...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar
    I am guessing that you didn't even read the article.
    Childress said that he doesn't want AD to overextend himself in the offseason.

Childress gave that quote in a big media session. Later when he met with Twin Cities reporters, he was asked to elaborate. Childress talked about Peterson’s hectic off-the-field schedule — one that comes with being an elite athlete.

“He literally could do an event and crisscross the United States and probably the globe every day and get paid astronomical amounts of money,” Childress said. “But there’s a price to pay for that in terms of wear and tear on your body and working out and that type of thing. I think he knows now having played 16 games [in a season] that he needs to rest. He needs to take care of the faculties that got him here and I think he’s doing a decent job of that. And rest doesn’t mean laying on the couch and eating chocolate. … [The endorsements] seem like a good thing to do at the time but I think he would tell you himself now it’s not such a good thing to do. You learn.”
    Childress is saying to use the offseason wisely.
    And he is right.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar

Childress gave that quote in a big media session. Later when he met with Twin Cities reporters, he was asked to elaborate. Childress talked about Peterson’s hectic off-the-field schedule — one that comes with being an elite athlete.

“He literally could do an event and crisscross the United States and probably the globe every day and get paid astronomical amounts of money,” Childress said. “But there’s a price to pay for that in terms of wear and tear on your body and working out and that type of thing. I think he knows now having played 16 games [in a season] that he needs to rest. He needs to take care of the faculties that got him here and I think he’s doing a decent job of that. And rest doesn’t mean laying on the couch and eating chocolate. … [The endorsements] seem like a good thing to do at the time but I think he would tell you himself now it’s not such a good thing to do. You learn.”
    And he is right.
    Yeah... because Peterson is his only hope to keep his job during the regular season... that's why.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar

And he is right.
    Yeah... because Peterson is his only hope to keep his job during the regular season... that's why.
    Probably, but I would hope/expect that ANY head coach would be giving AD the same advice.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

1) Take 1 Superstar

And he is right.
    I dont buy that.
    Taylor is a good runningback and would do a fine job, just as he did when AD got hurt his rookie season.

The team as a whole will have to seriously screw up this season in order for Chilly to get fired.
    I have to think that this team will improve again this year and then Chilly will again keep his job.

I am not a hater or a supporter for Childress but every year Childress and his staff bring in good talented players who are good character people, and we have gotten better each year.
    Just because I dont agree with every choice he makes gives me no right to bash him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast