Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikings waive Randy Moss

I think you guys are jumping to conclusions. It's very well possible that Moss is behind this. And if Moss wants to leave and you don't let him, he won't play to any appreciable degree. You just can't keep blaming chilly for everything. Not that I like the guy, but I didn't see all this complaining last year when the Vikings were winning. coaches don't get stupid overnight.

Ok start the flaming....
    None

purplejokr is offline Rookie

purplepride2010 wrote:
    I don't know if this was mentioned, but he did not even get on the plane to come back to Minnesota after the game.
    Moss was given permission by the team to stay in Boston for a few days after the game. It is a normal circumstance in the NFL.

well on a more happy note, hopefully this will bring us that much closer to canning the bald f***!!!

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

NE is good at stealing signals, they could have orchestraded this entire deal and essentually stole a 3 rounder. I would advance this wild theory only if he goes back to NE
    None

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

There is a reason why Randy has bounced from Minn, Oak, NE, and back to Minn. If he was a model citizen he wouldn't be in anyones doghouse. With that said...You know what you we're getting with Randy and in order to get the best out of him, you need to have a leader at the head coach position. Chilly can't control Favre, how the hell is he going to deal with Randy. This has to be the worst move in NFL history. A third round pick for three games.

CAN CHILLY NOW

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Childress cannot handle receivers with big egos. He has proven this in the past. So how many holidays has Childress fired a receiver on now? Halloween and Christmas are two I know of.

Think about it, Randy Moss is traded from one of the best coached teams in the NFL to Minnesota, and he gets to see first hand how things are done here. It has to laughable and disappointing.

We know Favre changed plays on the field last season, and that did a lot to open up the offense. We know Favre lobbied Bevell to finally call downfield plays. We know Childress blames Favre for the losses and has stated that Favre has to play within the "system". We know that the system is run, run, pass, and punt.

Moss may be claimed, or he may become a free agent. If he is allowed to become a free agent, the Vikings will still get the tab for his salary this season. The Vikings may end up losing a third round draft pick and having to pay Moss to play for another team.

Whomever thought this was a good idea in the front office should be canned. This is going to go down on the complete downside for the Vikings. This is a Red McCombs type move, and the Wilf regime will never be trusted again.

lovesmesomevikes is offline Waterboy

When the news break came on KFAN, I thought for sure it was finally happening clueless was getting fired......WOW that's all I can say.

Of course Moss didn't put a full effort in, he along with the rest of the team has zero respect for this loset coach.

I will go to the game Sunday proudly wearing my Moss (circa 98) Jersey and carrying my Fire Clueless sign. Section 112 represent .
    None

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Minniman wrote:
    Childress cannot handle receivers with big egos. He has proven this in the past. So how many holidays has Childress fired a receiver on now? Halloween and Christmas are two I know of.

Think about it, Randy Moss is traded from one of the best coached teams in the NFL to Minnesota, and he gets to see first hand how things are done here. It has to laughable and disappointing.

We know Favre changed plays on the field last season, and that did a lot to open up the offense. We know Favre lobbied Bevell to finally call downfield plays. We know Childress blames Favre for the losses and has stated that Favre has to play within the "system". We know that the system is run, run, pass, and punt.

Moss may be claimed, or he may become a free agent. If he is allowed to become a free agent, the Vikings will still get the tab for his salary this season. The Vikings may end up losing a third round draft pick and having to pay Moss to play for another team.

Whomever thought this was a good idea in the front office should be canned. This is going to go down on the complete downside for the Vikings. This is a Red McCombs type move, and the Wilf regime will never be trusted again.
    +1

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Childress is a clown, this organization has become a circus. This is just unbelievable, I am speechless. Wow.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

"Randy is very sad to find out about being waived by the Vikings this morning," Moss' agent, Joel Segal, said in an e-mail to the Star Tribune. "He has and always will remain fond of the fans in Minnesota. We will let the process of the waiver wire take its course and we will move on from there."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106461848.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4OW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast