Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings waive Randy Moss

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Freakout wrote:
    I find it amazing that fans are swallowing the PR spin.
    I haven't talked to any who are.
    I find it amazing that so many of you believe whatever spews from the mouth of the petulant man-child who doesn't try to earn his money or win the games he's paid to win.
    Are you talking to me?
    Mostly Freakout, but anyone who thinks whatever Moss says is gospel and anything else is spin.

How much longer until you aren't officially mayor any more?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

vike_mike wrote:
    Randy set this up from after the first game he played with us this year. He knew that he really didn't want any part of Brad Childress nor this offense. He also knew that the Vikings are a difficult bunch as far as contracts are concerned. He noticed it almost immediately. He made up his mind that he was not going to be release upon request, he had to create something so that he could get out of Minnesota. He saw the opportunity with the buffet and knew that this tirade would unsettle Brad and a few players, thus ruffling some feathers among a couple of players to oust him out of here. Thus was the basis for the post game press show after the loss to the Pats. I am just wondering if the agent (Joel Seigel) was in on it too?
    I don't think your too far off, if at all. One could argue that he purposely didn't try to catch that ball in the endzone. It was like he had a bet in Vegas that the Pats would win or something.

After he got canned he claims he was surprised by the whole thing. Give me a break! In time, more Vikings will learn to hate Moss. He took the Vikings for a ride, no doubt in my mind
    None

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

jrjohn wrote:
    vike_mike wrote:
    Randy set this up from after the first game he played with us this year. He knew that he really didn't want any part of Brad Childress nor this offense. He also knew that the Vikings are a difficult bunch as far as contracts are concerned. He noticed it almost immediately. He made up his mind that he was not going to be release upon request, he had to create something so that he could get out of Minnesota. He saw the opportunity with the buffet and knew that this tirade would unsettle Brad and a few players, thus ruffling some feathers among a couple of players to oust him out of here. Thus was the basis for the post game press show after the loss to the Pats. I am just wondering if the agent (Joel Seigel) was in on it too?
    I don't think your too far off, if at all. One could argue that he purposely didn't try to catch that ball in the endzone. It was like he had a bet in Vegas that the Pats would win or something.

After he got canned he claims he was surprised by the whole thing. Give me a break! In time, more Vikings will learn to hate Moss. He took the Vikings for a ride, no doubt in my mind
    I think he was happy to be going back to Minny. Once he got here he found out what a joke of a staff is running this team he was not too happy anymore. The post game praise of the Pats may have been to let Chilly know what he thought of this regime. No one could forsee a tirade against a caterer as reason to waive a player of his caliber. Pitiful move by Child ress. Even with out doing anything, Moss helped the team. The players being livid about the decision tells you where the team stood on it.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Who knows Moss better than Cris Carter?

Cris Carter talking about Moss
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

VikingMike wrote:

I love cris, but didn't he rip on Sid this offseason when he didn't show up to cris' football camp.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

marshallvike wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    vike_mike wrote:

I think he was happy to be going back to Minny. Once he got here he found out what a joke of a staff is running this team he was not too happy anymore. The post game praise of the Pats may have been to let Chilly know what he thought of this regime. No one could forsee a tirade against a caterer as reason to waive a player of his caliber. Pitiful move by Child ress. Even with out doing anything, Moss helped the team. The players being livid about the decision tells you where the team stood on it.
    Which players were livid about the decision to release Moss? Hard to keep up on this stupid soap opera.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

My apologies upfront for not reading all posts...I've been on the road since Sunday, finally home.

#1 who made the decision to trade the 3rd Rounder?
    #2 Moss was an asshole this time around, from the tirade at the dinner, to the game vs the Patriots (DIVE for the ball dipshit), to the post Pats game presser. He left no choice to whomever is in charge to kick his ass out of town. Oh, having just spent 3 days in Minneapolis...the locals I talked to agreed.
    #3 Souhan's article in the StarTribune today was perfect. He depicted how, even when he's right, Childress' approach is BS.
    #4 Chilly, unless the Vikes win the Super Bowl (LOL), and, maybe even then,has got to go.
    #5 I want Gruden

Sincerely,
    MaxVike

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    dfosterf wrote:
    Moss is lung cancer. Favre is a basal cell carcinoma.

They'll both kill ya, but Favre's takes awhile.

Your coach started "losing his locker room", "couldn't control players" [insert your personal perspective of his failings here] just about the time Favre started running HIS mouth in the various pressers.

Why does he have to add that crap at the end of his last presser about "not needing to like one another" or somesuch?

It might not be insubordinate, but it is damn sure not very classy.

As to Moss, it is a damn shame that God gave that piece of shit that much talent, and further that so many will overlook what scum he is in order to try and win football games.

Favre got his wish, finally---He got his boy Randy, and while I reckon he was a net plus on the football field, I would never-----ever-----root for him, because he is also a net MINUS in your locker room and team, unless ALL the stars align in accordance with HIS dictates, as he sees it. I'd be glad he is gone. It was a failed gamble on Chilly's part, but everyone knew there were "risks" with him. The "risks" turned into reality.

Be done with it. Move on. Beat us and a couple other teams in order that yours truly and my fellow Puker fans can get back to our regularly scheduled normal - season- smack- mode with our purple friends.

imo
    I don't buy into the whole "Lost the team" spin that is being run out there by all the news hacks.

They've been saying that since he got here.

I think this is nothing more than the Chiller shaking off the "New Nice Guy" and reverting back to the "Hard Head" he was when he first got here.

For me, thats the kindof HC I want. Someone who isn't afraid to take a chance but also big enough to admit the chance failed.

Look at this roster my friend, lots of players on here that we took the "Chance" on and have been rewarded for it. To date, only you know who and the Noodle (this year) have been bad gambles.
    I have to say that I have eagerly awaited the lipstick you would put on the pig known as Childress and I have to admit that I really underestimated you on this one.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

marshallvike wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

I love cris, but didn't he rip on Sid this offseason when he didn't show up to cris' football camp.

Yes, he did, for not attending Fitz's camp...but like all of us, he probably didn't know about Rice's hip injury.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041