Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Vs Texans- Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1107175
    Ponder frustrated me for much of the game because of his inaccuracy, especially on that pass to Rudolph. I hope we draft Luck next year if we are in position to. I'm not giving up on Ponder, but I think Luck has such a higher ceiling than Ponder. But that is neither here nor there right now. Ponder started to get in a better rhythm as the game went on, seems to have good awareness of defenders around him. He needs to learn to slide and not dive, but he only had one head first dive that I can think of and there weren't any defenders in front of him when he did, like when tartardius dove into Ray Lewis's knee. Or whoever that was.
    I agree with the sliding head first. It needs to stop. However, I really wish people would stop saying TJ slid into Ray Lewis' knee or that he tried to take him on. That is not true. Ray Lewis came in on the end of that play when TJ was being tackled by another player. Ray Lewis grabbed TJ's leg and twisted it. That was one play where TJack did nothing wrong. He did not take on Ray Lewis nor did he slide head first into Ray Lewis.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1107176
    Ponder frustrated me for much of the game because of his inaccuracy, especially on that pass to Rudolph. I hope we draft Luck next year if we are in position to. I'm not giving up on Ponder, but I think Luck has such a higher ceiling than Ponder. But that is neither here nor there right now. Ponder started to get in a better rhythm as the game went on, seems to have good awareness of defenders around him. He needs to learn to slide and not dive, but he only had one head first dive that I can think of and there weren't any defenders in front of him when he did, like when tartardius dove into Ray Lewis's knee. Or whoever that was.
    I agree with the sliding head first. It needs to stop. However, I really wish people would stop saying TJ slid into Ray Lewis' knee or that he tried to take him on. That is not true. Ray Lewis came in on the end of that play when TJ was being tackled by another player. Ray Lewis grabbed TJ's leg and twisted it. That was one play where TJack did nothing wrong. He did not take on Ray Lewis nor did he slide head first into Ray Lewis.
    +1

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1107171
    This is beautiful.

[video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]_-BaMRO79iA[/video]

=Z=
    good share...beautiful is right

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quick question: If he had slid feet first could Ray have done that or would have the play been dead?

Yes, Ponder needs to slide feet first and more importantly he needs to learn to stay in the pocket and get the ball to a WR or RB and not take the hits himself if he wants any kind of career. But even at this point he is at least moving the ball more effectively than the aforementioned guy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1107164
    * Ponder is not ready to be an NFL QB. He barely threw from the pocket, and when he did, he was not accurate. Yes, he had some nice runs, but NFL QBs are successful by making throws from the pocket, not by tucking it in and running whenever they feel a little (or a lot of) heat.

* Webb, OTOH, does appears to be more ready. He stood in the pocket (only had 1 scramble) and made throws.
    What? He runs to much......Maybe you should check the stats. He ran 3 time the first game, 1 time the second and 8 times this one. Thats 3 more than Webb.

On a side note.
    Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
    Christian Ponder 49 27 290 55.1 5.9 1 2.0 0 0.0 26 5 33 79.5
    Donovan McNabb 37 24 285 64.9 7.7 1 2.7 1 2.7 49 2 19 86.0
    Joe Webb 29 17 213 58.6 7.3 0 0.0 1 3.4 43 2 15 67.2
    NFL Stats

* Longwell kicked into the end zone - wonder what Marty thinks about that?
    He's kicked them in the endzone all preseason.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

People just seem to member incoracurately around here at times my friend especially when it comes to our good friend TJ.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107352
    * Ponder is not ready to be an NFL QB. He barely threw from the pocket, and when he did, he was not accurate. Yes, he had some nice runs, but NFL QBs are successful by making throws from the pocket, not by tucking it in and running whenever they feel a little (or a lot of) heat.

* Webb, OTOH, does appears to be more ready. He stood in the pocket (only had 1 scramble) and made throws.
    What? He runs to much......Maybe you should check the stats. He ran 3 time the first game, 1 time the second and 8 times this one. Thats 3 more than Webb.

On a side note.
    Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
    Christian Ponder 49 27 290 55.1 5.9 1 2.0 0 0.0 26 5 33 79.5
    Donovan McNabb 37 24 285 64.9 7.7 1 2.7 1 2.7 49 2 19 86.0
    Joe Webb 29 17 213 58.6 7.3 0 0.0 1 3.4 43 2 15 67.2
    NFL Stats

* Longwell kicked into the end zone - wonder what Marty thinks about that?
    He's kicked them in the endzone all preseason.
    And he's kicked them into the endzone or within the 5 in some previous preseason games before as well.

Unfortunately, once the regular season started he was back to kicking a shitload of them at around the 10-15 yard line.

I don't care where they land in preseason. I do care where they land during the regular season & with the loss of Farwell, I think we may be back to giving opponents good field position despite the extra 5 yard move on kickoffs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

My impressions:

=Z=
    What a negative Nancy. Would it kill you to be a little positive for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107358
    I don't care where they land in preseason. I do care where they land during the regular season & with the loss of Farwell, I think we may be back to giving opponents good field position despite the extra 5 yard move on kickoffs.
    Again with Farewell. Quick question, when the ST's were holding people to almost nothing this pre-season were was Farewell?

Were was Farewell last year when teams were returning for huge chunks?

It just amazes me how on cat can make a living on this site when in fact he just isn't doing anything anymore.

I have it, lets go out and get "Greg Blue".inch:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107435
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107358
    Again with Farewell. Quick question, when the ST's were holding people to almost nothing this pre-season were was Farewell?

Were was Farewell last year when teams were returning for huge chunks?

It just amazes me how on cat can make a living on this site when in fact he just isn't doing anything anymore.

I have it, lets go out and get "Greg Blue".inch:
    Who cares? He is gone now and we have another guy in his roster spot. Whether he was valuable, worthless or not is irrelevant right now. He was a fine player and a much better player than Jackson or Ryan Cook ever dreamed of being( And he was nothing great, it just shows how far down they were).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast