Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings Vs Texans- Week 4

Well, I missed most of the first half coaching my 6th grade team but what I have seen since I started watching I like.

Not withstanding the fact that they are 2nd stringers and lower on the depth chart what has really stood out is how physical the team is playing. I saw a kickoff where both D'Imperio and Aromashadu both laid a slobberknocker on a Texan. I saw Claeb King step up and have a great TD run. I saw Ponder take a deep shot that drew a PI call and he had a great pass for a TD to Rudolph. Webb looked good and extended a few plays with not only his legs but also his arm and both QB's had TD drives with a good mix of run and pass.

I am not expecting as many wins as some but I do like the fact that the team is playing hard nosed football and getting their noses dirty. If they play this hard and still only win as many games as last year I will consider it a successful season because I see the staff laying the foundation for a great future which is exactly what the last staff needed to do but failed to.

Fun game to watch.

Blog Entries

Re: Vikings Vs Texans- Week 4

They went for it on 4th and goal with 54 seconds left in the 4th and punched it in for a TD. Those are the things that build character in a team.

Good job coaching staff and players. :woohoo:

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I only saw the last drive of the game, but from that, Loved what Webb did. Making throws, mobile as always. OL looks alright, saw some good blocks by Fusco. #38 sorta runs like a poor mans AP, I think he'll be ok somewhere as #3. He won't make the team, but some team will have a decent backup in a couple years.

Gotta dl the game, since a 28-0 game obviously means someone is sdoing something right.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I have to watch more closely on Sunday night. Missed the whole first half. Not paying attention much during the 2nd half due to trying to do other things. Looks like a good one.

rednorsk is offline Rookie

Excellent game. Ponder did a great job in the first half. Good play calling and a good performance by both defense and offense.
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Gonna be interesting to see who makes the team, King with 2 TD's today might have a shot afterall.. But unlikely unless we keep 4 RB's..

Many position battles who are hard to call as with CB Cook, Allen, Sherels, Burton + more..

WR: Arceneaux, Johnson, Camarillo, Aromashodu, Iglesias

FB: Asiata, D'Imperio or move a TE down

TE: Will Reisner make the team

Didn't watch to much of this pre-season but i think its really hard to call and some hard decisions from the staff..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

LIVike is offline Starter

Just got back from the game. Man can ponder make plays with his legs. His throws were off in the first quarter but he got much better as the game went on. Kluwes punts were fantastic. Longwell actually reached the endzone multiple times. Overall wasn't expecting much (secondary sucked as expected) but left surprised and even more excited for the season to start.
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I'm surprised no one is harping on Ponder for going head first instead of sliding at the end of his runs.

Oh snap! Forgot it's different now.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107139
    I'm surprised no one is harping on Ponder for going head first instead of sliding at the end of his runs.

Child please. TJ got ragged on only after he didn't slide and got a knee injury that put him on the shelf. Besides, When you are an actual QB and not just a great athlete then you get by with a few things. It was so refreshing to see both Ponder and Webb extending plays with their feet AND arms and using passes when they are scrambling to get the ball to a WR before just pulling it down and running. Were they perfect? Heck no.But then again with virtually no off season they already look better than Jackson does with the sea chickens and I don't give a ratzazz what string of players any of them were facing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107139

I haven't watched it yet... how often did he do this? With the concussion rules becoming so strict, that is the last damn thing we need a QB to do.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast