Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings vs Saints Official Postgame Discussion

It was a bad game. We were out coached, and prolly will be all season with Childress running things.

We came out looking like a preseason team. They ate us up. We have no secondary. Then things started going well. The D tightened up. AD and Shanc were on fire. Things looked good.

Then half time, and again we got out coached. They made adjustments and ran the ball right down the heart of our D. And won. And we couldnt even slow them down.

Favre was rusty, our WRs were horrible (both PH and BB sucked) until Cam caught a great ball. Where was he all night? How can Favre make those perfect passes to Shanc and then nothing in the second half?

The saints aernt that good. I guess that means we must be pretty bad.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Just an ugly, sloppy game by both teams.

The better team did not win, as I don't think either team really played better. and what happened to our run defense? Their OL is good, but they made us look like a handicapped door.

breakdown by position

QB: C+ Started ok, some nice balls to Shank in the first half, and that's about it. Did he even complete a pass in the second half? Doesn't help his favourite target is a huge bitch, then Harvin missed TC, and he's working with Berrian, SHank and scrubs. Hard to be superproductive like that.

OL: B+ Not too bad. Pass protection was decent. McKinnie actually played pretty well and his absence was felt. Load just couldn't handle his guy, while McKinnie was managing just fine. Let up I think one sack and only a couple hits. Not too shabby. Run blocking was hit or miss.

WR: C+ Meh. Top guy is gone, Harvin missed TC, Favre doesn't seem to trust anybody yet. No bad drops really, but nothing great.

TE: A- 1st half shank... Wow. second half? Not so much. Jimmy K got robbed of a catch though. Would have been a tough call either way though.

RB: A- Peterson is running like a man gone crazy. Powerful, and I can notice he's paying extra attention to that ball. It looked like it was glued to his side.
    Tahi... well, he sucked. Made a couple blocks, but made a few noticeable whiffs as well, then did his usual spin around and look confused routine.

Defense:

CB: C Hurry back Griff. Because we suck. Winfield got toasted a couple times, Cook has alot of learning to do, Sheppard made a few nice plays though. Not sure hwy he doesn't start.

S: C Again, nothing great, or even very good. At least they made their tackles, but Abdullah was pretty late a few times in coverage. Hopefully that will come with more experience.
    Brees is one of the best, but he was almost connecting at will with his guys at first.

LB: Sloppy pass coverage to start, then started picking it up. We're not exactly fast, so covering quicker TE's/Slots has proven to be tough for us, today was no exception. And in run defense, what happened? Pierre Thomas was pounding out loads of yards after contact. Gotta make those tackles.

DL: D+ Did they even make the trip? One nice sack on a confused RT, and other than that Brees could write a fucking thesis about who to throw to and why before actually firing.

Coaching: B- Some calls that puzzled me, but not too bad. In a low scoring, low offense game, I wasn't a fan of punting late in the fourth quarter around the 40 when the Saints were running the ball so effectively. We seemed to stray from the run game in the second half, which was working decently for us first half. which led to Favre completing less than five passes all half. Tough to have a good passing attack without completing passes.

Special Teams:
    B Longwell's low(yes, blocked, but it wasn't a good kick) XP could have cost us. Unfortuantely we couldn't get close again. Kickoffs were not bad, decent hang and to the 5. Punting was pretty good, coverage was nothing to complain about. Return game was brutal though. Berrian makes me nervous back there, and Percy just couldn't get going.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

CCthebest wrote:
    The saints arent that good. I guess that means we must be pretty bad.
    I agree, they aren't that good. I think they are horribly over rated. Unfortunately, they have the wins to back up any claim they want to make right now. Chilly will hold us back all season. I hate him. What does Zygi see in him (gotta be the mustache)? He is a detriment to the team.

Why oh why oh why do we stop running AP? He was doing great, way to mess it up. We had this game, but just like last time, Saints came out on top.

I thought the Kleinsasser challenge was a good one, but the refs messed that up. I had to have at least one complaint with the refs. Although they didn't cost us the game, our coaching and lack of chemistry did. Our O-line played surprisingly average it seemed which was nice.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

12purplepride28 wrote:
    I thought the Kleinsasser challenge was a good one, but the refs messed that up.
    NOt really. That was a tough call either way. I think if they called it a catch on the field, and NO challenged it, it would remain a catch. Just no 'indisputable' evidence. It bounced off his hands, but you couldn't see much after then.

But yeah, if only that second reff would hav ejust fucked off for a minute, all would be grand.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I thought the Kleinsasser challenge was a good one, but the refs messed that up.
    NOt really. That was a tough call either way. I think if they called it a catch on the field, and NO challenged it, it would remain a catch. Just no 'indisputable' evidence. It bounced off his hands, but you couldn't see much after then.

But yeah, if only that second reff would hav ejust fucked off for a minute, all would be grand.
    That's what I was saying when it happened, that they would say there wasn't any indisputable evidence. I still think it seemed like a catch, especially from the last angle they showed the front of jimmy and on the second bounce it looked like it was in his hands again. Oh well
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

AP ran all over them in the first half. He had almost 5 yards a carry. And then we completely ignore him in the 2nd half? He is the best player in the league! Worst coaching staff ever. Bad officiating aside, this game was there for us to win and as always we can't call plays when it matters. Can we just let Favre call the plays and tell Chilly and Bevell to go away? I've said it for 4 years and I'll say it again, Fire Childress. We will float by on talent despite the clowns running the team, and probably finish about the same as last year. 10-6 maybe? I just don't believe we can win a Super Bowl with these coaches. Keep Frazier, Bieniemy, and Dunbar; fire the rest (including Spielman). And draft/trade for a QB! So disappointed right now. Is this what being a Cowboys or Chargers fan feels like? So much talent...led by Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. /rant

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

kamakiriad is offline Waterboy

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Put your thoughts here:

Here is mine:

F@#K sdfkjnsdfjnsdkfjgnsdfjgnsdgf damn!

The game was there for us to win.
    Again with denial. Vikes got outplayed for almost the entire game. They had one good scoring drive before the half...then nothing.

Offense was rusty as hell. At least our QB did not get killed.
    When you don't require your QB to attend camp and treat him like he's more important than all your other players, chances are he will look rusty.

Our Defense was OK, weak over the middle.
    Vikes D looked very good.

LOL their kicker. He blows.
    Yes, yes he does.

I hate Saints fans. They had 4 fans prior to last year, now they are everywhere.
    Having been a Saints fan since 1979 I assure you there were more than 4 of us. We were selling out the Super-dome even when we had 4-12 seasons and were wearing bags. We'd tell players "Dats aright! We get dem next time!"

As for hating fans, the only fans I know we Saints fans hate are Cowboys and Philly fans...but after all the whining and complaining we've heard from Viking fans since they lost the NFCC last year, I can tell you you're rising up the charts.

You guys played a good game tonight. The better team won, just like last season. No shame in being the second-best team in the NFC. Have a good season.
    None

halvtaz67 is offline Waterboy

The Vikings looked lost at first on offense and defense. The defense was able to turn it around and hold the Saints to 14 points. Our DB need some work because they were giving up too many big plays to let them keep their drives alive.
    AP had a good game and they should have ran him more. I was surprised they did not use Cam more because he looked good during preseason. Now if they could just get some of the guys to hold onto those passes.
    Next week should be better with Favre having more time to work with the receiving corps. SKOL VIKINGS
    None

halvtaz67 is offline Waterboy

DBs gave up too many plays to help them keep their drive alive. Griffin needs to get healthy fast. We should have ran AP more and I think they should have thrown more to Cam and that would have freed up Shiancoe over the middle.
    None

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Trying to take the positives..

*I thought the O-Line did an ok of protecting Favre.

*AP was running hard and holding onto the ball, which is good!

*I thought Asher Allen did a decent enough job, he got beat for the opening score but Abdulla should have been there to give him some support over the top but was far to late in reading it.

*Favre looks good, arm still as strong as ever and he was able to move around enough.

There were a couple of really bad calls again that went against us as well, like Jimmy K clearly made a heck of a catch which would have been a first down, only to be ruled incomplete.

I am baffled as to why Camarillo didnt get in the game till way late, this guy looks our chain mover this year.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast