Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings vs Saints Official Postgame Discussion

kamakiriad wrote:
    I hate to differ but Favre is all about ego and personal stats. He wants to keep that streak going to 300 hoping Manning won't catch him. He'll make it this year and I am betting his interest in playing wanes soon after. He skips camp. If he cared about his teammates, he would be in camp. He's been around long enough to know it's importance for winning early in the season. His retire/unretire circus coincides every season with a lull in the sports-news chatter. He needs to have ESPN do their "Favre the Legend" retirement coverage for one week (amazingly that's how long it went till an official denial went out this year).

He was the same in Green Bay. He was the same in New York. When the Jets put up a few losses and the brutal New York press started to criticize him, he wanted to prove the press wrong. That was more important than the Jets winning. So he played with half an arm.

He's a good QB, but never doubt he's more concerned with his personal legend than he'll ever be with his team.
    You, I like, my friend. Just added you to the only spreadsheet that matters......

On a side note, you'd better get tough skin around these here parts if you are gonna knock on the Noodle. Very few on here can see past all the hype.

Hell, its getting so bad that most of them are actually hacking on the coaches for play calling, when anyone with half a brain could see that the staff was sending in packages that were run heavy and still AD got shut down.

Not by the coaches mind you, but by the cat who audibles at the line.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    how did noodle get his nickname?
    One brain damaged member came up with it.
    I've got tears in my eyes from laughing!

It's funny but you'll see! Pay attention to his posts

He twists and makes up so much crap! :P Kidding Marr! I love you
    First, I don't make anything up. All my comments, thoughts, ideas, stances have something that I base them off of. Just because I have a original thought or two of my own that I come up with from all that stuff, doesn't mean I make stuff up.

Second, I know you do. It is all just entertainment anyways.

Some people just need to figure that out and lighten up a bit, especially the Noodle Crotchsniffers. Some of our older, well respected posters would come back then.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Chester just had more yards in 2 plays than Young in the whole game. Nice job FO. Worst mistake in offseason.
    We'll be fine without him.
    Not with Chiller continuing to limit his touches.

Opposing teams don't stop AP - Chiller does.

Caine
    I thought the Noodle ran this offense. :P

LOL, now I'm cracking myself up. Hey, if the Chiller is the blame, why did he send in "Run" packages and then pass out of them?

Comeon, you and I both know that the Noodle was confused by that defense. Go ahead, Admit it. Its OK.
    I didn't see the noodle confused. He was taking what the D gave them. The game plan was very conservative and he had to do what was called. I do believe that SR not being in the game hurt us. Favre was rusty and not used to the other WR. If you look at the passes they were not right there, something that Favre usually does. I know one play they said Harvin stopped his pattern; the ball landed in front of him. I just think we were out of sync, was it us or the D, maybe a little of both.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    Long story longer......

I watched Brian Baldinger break down his play in 2007 and 2008, when he was talking about becoming a Viking. He showed alot of plays were the Noodle missed recievers deep. Baldy said it was because his arm was starting to go.

Mix that in with the tendon that popped, and I was pretty worried about his abilities in that area.

Additionally, I despise all things that are PUKER, so you can see why I am just a bit against Lord 4 and usually call him Dick Head.

In the end, I started calling him Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead, which I in turn shortened to LAND. Alot of the Noodle crotchsniffers got riled about that and whined and cried enough that I was causing to much hate and discontent so I relented on using LAND in reference to him, and switched to just the Noodle.

To date, no one, who has any say on site rules, has told me to quit using that.
    LAND= Lord Arm Noodle Dickhead?

I think you mean LNAD.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    Long story longer......

I watched Brian Baldinger break down his play in 2007 and 2008, when he was talking about becoming a Viking. He showed alot of plays were the Noodle missed recievers deep. Baldy said it was because his arm was starting to go.

Mix that in with the tendon that popped, and I was pretty worried about his abilities in that area.

Additionally, I despise all things that are PUKER, so you can see why I am just a bit against Lord 4 and usually call him Dick Head.

In the end, I started calling him Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead, which I in turn shortened to LAND. Alot of the Noodle crotchsniffers got riled about that and whined and cried enough that I was causing to much hate and discontent so I relented on using LAND in reference to him, and switched to just the Noodle.

I think you mean LNAD.
    ...snicker......Thanks my friend.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    Long story longer......

I think you mean LNAD.
    Man I was confused for a second there because you said LAND twice, so I thought maybe I was wrong. But I couldn't pass up a chance to needle you

I mean, if you can't get your own hate filled nicknames for Favre right, who's gonna believe you your drivel? :P
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    Long story longer......

I think you mean LNAD.
    Man I was confused for a second there because you said LAND twice, so I thought maybe I was wrong. But I couldn't pass up a chance to needle you

I mean, if you can't get your own hate filled nicknames for Favre right, who's gonna believe you your drivel? :P
    LOL, you got me. Marrdro can be seen sitting with his slightly balding head held down in shame. :silly:

Uh 0(h) - 1

Nothing earth shattering in here except the last little tidbit at the bottom of the article....

One trend that is consistent with last year - and it is not a good one - is losing on the road. This bothersome routine has now got to be a concern of the Vikings. Dating back to last year, including the playoffs, the Vikings are 4-6 on the road.
    Man, thats not quite as bad as the Tice era, but something to keep an eye on. :dry:

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Uh 0(h) - 1

Nothing earth shattering in here except the last little tidbit at the bottom of the article....

One trend that is consistent with last year - and it is not a good one - is losing on the road. This bothersome routine has now got to be a concern of the Vikings. Dating back to last year, including the playoffs, the Vikings are 4-6 on the road.
    Man, thats not quite as bad as the Tice era, but something to keep an eye on. :dry:
    Why? Winning on the road is tough for any team in the NFL. That's why they don't let you play all of your games at your cushy home stadium.

8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road is 12-4 and sitting at home for the first round of the playoffs.

The Packers were 5-3 on the road last year. What did that get them? A trip to Arizona in the first round of the playoffs and a loss.

The Chargers were 7-1 on the road last year. What did that get them? A first-round bye in the playoffs and then a loss to the Jets.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Ugly game by both teams. The outcome was depressing and the play was rusty, but, it wasn't discouraging enough for me not to be excited for the rest of the season.

One thing for sure, there are many Saints fans that have come out of the woodwork and many are some of the most ignorant asshats I have ever met regarding their team. This is coming from someone that has been to many games at the Superdome when the Saints were the team that they have proven to be since 1967...one of the top losingest franchises in NFL history. The newbie fans are incredibly annoying.

Had a fun time before the game tailgating with Saints fans and it wasn't very much fun after the game. Had a few pencilnecks talking shit in a nonfriendly way. Left town before I was forced to remove them from the gene pool.

Nice to have the season underway again. This last offseason was particularly nauseating with all the Favre/TJack discussions. Looking forward to the season.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516