Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikings vs Saints Official Postgame Discussion

Purple_Jesus wrote:
    My 2 cents:

Why is Childress still a coach? For the love of Christ PLEASE Wilf if any fiber of your body has any self awareness PLEASE fire him. He is the DEATH of this team. Pick up another O-coordinator (it doesn't matter who, Favre could run the ship) and promote Leslie. Win/win.

Purple, I hate to tell you, but I think Farve is already running things. Chilly is just a token. Does that change your mind about who we need to get rid of?
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

jrjohn wrote:
    ConnecticutViking wrote:
    When your QB doesn't come to camp, there will be rust, but this is what you get when you have Favre. I pulled his stats from game 1 last year

1 Sep 13 @ CLE W 34-20 95.3 14 21 110 5.2 21 0 1

Looks pretty much like the same.

Also, I think that the game plan was to protect Favre at all costs and open up the running game may have bottled up the offense. There were many plays where a TE and/or back were left in the help block of chip. This let NO sit back and double down or zone up on our receivers. Not sure if our receivers where blanketet, missing Rice,offensive rust or a little of each. But virtually no production from the outside receivers hurt us on the offensive side. Peterson ran hard and held on to the ball, big plus.

D- Looked good for the most part. Shepherd held his own and it was great to see Henderson's dreads out there again! D-Line provided pressure even though it is tough to put pressure on Brees with his quick release. Overall, would have wanted a W, but it is a long season and the Vikes are definately contenders.
    Boy, you said that right. Our game plan was to protect Farve. The Saints game plan was to win the game. How can the Vikings win when they are playing Defense on both sides of the ball. I can't stress enough the importance of training camp. Farve is a jerk for denying the other other players a chance to get on the same page as him.
    What about Percy? Funny how the haters don't mention him. Just Favre.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

jrjohn wrote:
    Purple_Jesus wrote:
    My 2 cents:

Why is Childress still a coach? For the love of Christ PLEASE Wilf if any fiber of your body has any self awareness PLEASE fire him. He is the DEATH of this team. Pick up another O-coordinator (it doesn't matter who, Favre could run the ship) and promote Leslie. Win/win.

Purple, I hate to tell you, but I think Farve is already running things. Chilly is just a token. Does that change your mind about who we need to get rid of?
    Do you have proof Favre was running that game? Favre would not be that dumb to not run Peterson in the 4th quarter.

Your right, they are both jerks, but Percy learned from Farve.
    None

Farve likes to be the hero, he can't be a hero when he's handing the ball off. He tried being a hero with his last pass last year.
    None

I know its all been said here before. I thought that this was a great game between two upper echelon teams. We had every opportunity to win and instead we went away from what was working in the first half. I thought that we had the perfect gameplan watching the first half. In the second half it was almost as if we said forget everything that was working and lets see if we can chuck it around the field a little.

The defense played well all things considered. This was a week one game with week one mistakes. Ive got no sour grapes, except that between Chilly strategic error and Favre's rusty debut. We will get better.

More Observations:
    There were two blatant PI or Illegal contact calls in the first half that were missed. One on Percy in the seam, the other on Shiancoe who was grabbed or chipped well past 5yds all night.

Chris Cook and Cedrick Griffin will make this defense a lot tougher.

I was pretty down on Lito based on the preseason and training camp, but he stepped up and played pretty well last night.

EJ had 9 tackles not even a year after breaking his femur (I know tackle stats are not accurate).

Did you know AP only had 7 touches in the second half?

I gotta hand it to the NFL for having such a marquee game to open the season. It was exciting and fun to watch.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

jrjohn wrote:
    Farve likes to be the hero, he can't be a hero when he's handing the ball off. He tried being a hero with his last pass last year.
    That is a dumb statement. Everyone like to be the hero, but Favre wouldn't let his ego get in the way of winning the game. He'd much rather win the game than have a few extra yards. People always talk about Favre's ego, but when he's playing the game, his ego doesn't show. Maybe some dumb plays once in awhile, but not ego. He spreads the ball around, he loves his team mates, and he loves handing off to AP.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

kamakiriad is offline Waterboy

12purplepride28 wrote:
    That is a dumb statement. Everyone like to be the hero, but Favre wouldn't let his ego get in the way of winning the game. He'd much rather win the game than have a few extra yards. People always talk about Favre's ego, but when he's playing the game, his ego doesn't show. Maybe some dumb plays once in awhile, but not ego. He spreads the ball around, he loves his team mates, and he loves handing off to AP.
    I hate to differ but Favre is all about ego and personal stats. He wants to keep that streak going to 300 hoping Manning won't catch him. He'll make it this year and I am betting his interest in playing wanes soon after. He skips camp. If he cared about his teammates, he would be in camp. He's been around long enough to know it's importance for winning early in the season. His retire/unretire circus coincides every season with a lull in the sports-news chatter. He needs to have ESPN do their "Favre the Legend" retirement coverage for one week (amazingly that's how long it went till an official denial went out this year).

He was the same in Green Bay. He was the same in New York. When the Jets put up a few losses and the brutal New York press started to criticize him, he wanted to prove the press wrong. That was more important than the Jets winning. So he played with half an arm.

He's a good QB, but never doubt he's more concerned with his personal legend than he'll ever be with his team.
    None

12purplepride28 wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    Well, I guess I'm just dumb if you say so. I do remember some infighting last year between Farve and Chilly, Farve not only won those fights but he put and exclamation point behind it when he showed Chilly he didn't need that silly training camp last month.
    Yes, maybe I'm dumb, but I'm not stupid, and I'm certainly not blind.
    None

kamakiriad wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I hate to differ but Favre is all about ego and personal stats. He wants to keep that streak going to 300 hoping Manning won't catch him. He'll make it this year and I am betting his interest in playing wanes soon after. He skips camp. If he cared about his teammates, he would be in camp. He's been around long enough to know it's importance for winning early in the season. His retire/unretire circus coincides every season with a lull in the sports-news chatter. He needs to have ESPN do their "Favre the Legend" retirement coverage for one week (amazingly that's how long it went till an official denial went out this year).

He was the same in Green Bay. He was the same in New York. When the Jets put up a few losses and the brutal New York press started to criticize him, he wanted to prove the press wrong. That was more important than the Jets winning. So he played with half an arm.

He's a good QB, but never doubt he's more concerned with his personal legend than he'll ever be with his team.
    I'd add one more thing to that last sentence. "MONEY"
    None

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast