Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Vikings vs Saints Official Postgame Discussion

Put your thoughts here:

Here is mine:

F@#K sdfkjnsdfjnsdkfjgnsdfjgnsdgf damn!

The game was there for us to win.

Offense was rusty as hell. At least our QB did not get killed.

Our Defense was ok, weak over the middle.

LOL their kicker. He blows.

I hate Saints fans. They had 4 fans prior to last year, now they are everywhere.

Re: Vikings vs Saints Official Postgame Discussion

Well, that game didn't quite go the way I expected. I think most people were expecting a final score of something like 35-31. Not...this.

In many ways, this game is every bit as frustrating as the NFC Championship Game. Yet in spite of the loss and the missed opportunities, I've got to say I feel better about this team now than I did before the game started.

The offense looked like crap - clearly rusty, the timing was off, and Favre was clearly wanting for targets he could trust (he seemed to have found one in Camarillo during the last drive, but the last pass was just incomplete).

And yet, pretty much everything the haters said would come to pass did not.

They said Drew Brees was going to torch our secondary. He did not.

They said that Favre was going to be on his ass all game long. He was not.

They most certainly were not outmatched. Rather than a team in decline, I saw a top-flight team on a bad day. And that gives me a considerable amount of hope for midseason - especially when Sid comes back.

The team was in similarly rusty form the first two weeks of last season (it's what happens when you miss training camp). The only difference was that they got the opportunity to work out the kinks against the Browns and Lions - no such luck this time.

Am I disappointed? Hell yes, I'm disappointed. Especially in a game this close where we could have won if we'd just executed. I'm probably going to find myself pounding my desk in frustration at various intervals all week long. But I'm not in despair. We played a good team well, even on a bad day. Just not well enough. But these are correctable problems, not problems in talent or being outmatched. We are still on the top rung.

I've posted similar sentiments all over the various forums I frequent. I'm going to tell every Vikings fan I know. I might even tell some of the Packers fans. Mark my words - come Week 8, you'll all be saying "BBQ was right."
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post BBQ

nolafan33 is offline Waterboy

Good game guys. Very tough and physical out there tonight. There will be some guys hurting tomorrow.

For the Saints I thought we hurt ourselves in a few areas. Dropped passes that could have resulted in TD's. Henderson, Meachem, and Colston I believe all could have had big plays (maybe even TD's) but they let the ball fall through their lap. Have to work out their penalties. Garrett Hartley is a great young kicker, but something wasn't there tonight.

Erinnn is offline Starter

bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    They said Drew Brees was going to torch our secondary. They did not.

They said that Favre was going to be on his ass all game long. He was not.
    Two of the three things I was most concerned about weren't as bad as I had envisioned (the other was the offense being "rusty"). I'm trying to be optimistic and focus on the good here. Leber (or Libra as Collinsworth likes to say) was all over the field and made some nice plays tonight. I like him and Greenway in the nickel.

That being said it's time for Jared to grow back the mullet.

keystonevike is offline Starter

Peterson played well.
    Favre not in sync with his receivers yet.This should/will change.
    Despite Saints 1st series, secondary, I thought, played great. Overall D had a good game (allowing only 14 points) but I thought they allowed too many key first downs (on Saints first drive of second half and late in the game),some on running plays, especially late in the game, allowing Saints to keep possession.

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

Both teams didn't play well tonight. Sloppy play all around. Vikes offense obviously wasn't on the same page. Both Harvin/Favre missed all of training camp so they'll need to figure things out, but what stood out was the lack of any deep threat. Favre doesn't trust Berrian, and he isn't scaring anybody. The loss of Rice was really evident tonight. They had no deep threat. AP was a beast, but for some reaason they decided to not give him the ball in the 4th quarter...despite being down by only 5

Saints, they had 2 missed FG's, and their WR's dropped I don't know how many passes. They were able to run the ball when they wanted to in the 2nd half, which is what I noticed. Jared Allen was a complete non factor tonight as well

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Terrible boring game. Saints blow, we blow a little bit more.

AP will be just fine all year. He just needs to be given the ball in the second half. Happens every time. Great plan to start, that one 9 minute drive was amazing and I thought we were going to find a way to win. Then the 2nd half started and Favre did not complete a pass in the 3rd quarter and AP did not get enough touches. Strike one Chilly.

This team was not prepared at all to play. Started slow, offence sloppy, no flow at all. Tons of retarded penalties, as always. Strike two Chilly.

The defence was actually pretty good. Besides the two touchdown drives, we held them in check. Holding the Saints to 14 points should mean you win the game. But we did not cause any turn overs and got lucky with two missed field goals.

We lost. Strike out Chilly.
    We're bringing purple back.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

How do you come out flat in a game like this?

Seriously? How is that even possible.

Childress needs to go to a Tony Robins seminar or something.

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast