Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings vs. Redskins pre-game articles

"happy" wrote:
    I think the Winfield injury hurts us more. He was a real difference maker in the first half of the Bears game and the Redskins have better receivers than the Bears.
    Again, Gordon and McCauley came in and provided just as many good plays and didn't give up anything significant that hurt us.

I say Rice might be the biggest issue but we should be able to win without him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I don't think we use Rice enough. I think he is our best receiver. I am asking for a jump ball in the endzone every single game and each time they do it, it is a TD.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy" wrote:
    I don't think we use Rice enough. I think he is our best receiver. I am asking for a jump ball in the endzone every single game and each time they do it, it is a TD.
    Not trying to ping on you but I am bored and the threads are slim my friend.... ;D

.....And yet we keep winning just like we have without Winny, even without his abilities be exploited to the max.

Again, good teams can absorb these types of losses and win.
    To date we have done that.
    I for one am not all that worried. The coaches will have someone ready to step up/in and contribute.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

With Rice sitting out, Williamson should be active.
    I hope he comes in and has a hell of a game, hopefully lined up opposite Smoot.
    That would make my day, and shut up a lot of people about TWill.

Thats right i said it~

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

New-look Minnesota Vikings have new attitude since previous matchup with Washington Redskins

Wow.
    That is some change all right.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7765083

But the Vikings preparing for another prime-time showdown Sunday against the Redskins at the Metrodome are a vastly different team.

Only eight starters on offense or defense are still lining up in the same spot, and only 31 of the Vikings who made the trip to Washington are still on the active roster.

Among the changes:

-- A new starting quarterback.

-- Two new starting receivers (Sidney Rice technically starts opposite Bobby Wade, although the rookie might not play Sunday).

-- A new right side of the offensive line.

-- A new featured tailback.

-- And two new starting cornerbacks (veteran Antoine Winfield is unlikely to play).

"When things went bad, everything kept going and we didn't break," P.Williams said. "After Green Bay, everybody stayed together. I just felt our team was stronger because nobody pointed fingers and argued. I was like, 'Everybody grew up, and we're on the same page.'

"We were all in it together."
    I like that!
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I gotta say I was not optimistic

Im glad the team stayed together!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    New-look Minnesota Vikings have new attitude since previous matchup with Washington Redskins

Wow.

But the Vikings preparing for another prime-time showdown Sunday against the Redskins at the Metrodome are a vastly different team.

Only eight starters on offense or defense are still lining up in the same spot, and only 31 of the Vikings who made the trip to Washington are still on the active roster.

Among the changes:

-- Two new starting receivers (Sidney Rice technically starts opposite Bobby Wade, although the rookie might not play Sunday).

-- And two new starting cornerbacks (veteran Antoine Winfield is unlikely to play).

"When things went bad, everything kept going and we didn't break," P.Williams said. "After Green Bay, everybody stayed together. I just felt our team was stronger because nobody pointed fingers and argued. I was like, 'Everybody grew up, and we're on the same page.'

I like that!
    ;D
    It's amazing how much change this team has gone through. That's basically two complete overhauls in less than 2 years.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Some very nice reads my friend.

On a side note, you have amazed me with your refrain from all the Smoot bashing this week so far.

;D

Knowing he would be welcome if he returned to Washington made Smoot willing to sign a five-year deal that might have been less than what he could have received had he negotiated with more than one team.

"Money wasn't what I was chasing this time," he said. "It was a chance to be happy and play high-level football."

I don't seem to recall anyone preventing him from playing high-level football in Minnesota.

This game will be physical and will come down to who makes the least mistakes and who wants it more.
    I hope we show Mr. Smoot how to play high-level football.

There, a little subtle Smoot bashing just for you!
    ;D
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Frostbite is offline Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Siney and Toine' Not playing this game!!

Ouch that sucks

They are two big peices of our team

Get well soon guys
    Rice being out hurts more than Winfield.
    Winfield is a great CB, but the team has demonstrated that they can step up in his absence.
    Rice, on the other hand, is one of the few bright spots on our WR corps.
    He will likely be replaced by TWill.
    Ouch.

maybe this is the opportunity T.Will needs to get in there and make his own statement. Afterall....if he really wants out of Minnesota what better way than to perform well and hope another team out there takes notice in the off-season. Either way this game gives him and a lot of players on this team a chance to shine....make some plays and increase there overall value.

I see it as a positive. Let's hope so anyway.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Wow.

Among the changes:

I like that!

;D
    It's amazing how much change this team has gone through. That's basically two complete overhauls in less than 2 years.

And I look for it to change again next year.

a.
    One double digit sack artist (DE).
    Subtract Erasmus James
    b.
    One addition to the secondary (S/CB).
    Subtract our problem child dope smoker.
    c.
    One Vet WR that can stretch the field.
    Subtrackt either Fergy, T-will or both. Both if we draft another kid as well.
    d.
    One QB that can either back up TJ or replace him.
    Subtract KH or BB in that order.
    Both if we draft another kid in the later rounds.

At least that is what I hope.
    ;D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast