Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings vs. Redskins game predictions

"V" wrote:
    This game will feature plenty of turnovers, and whoever runs the ball more effectively will win. They are a better passing team than we are, but I just can't see them scoring points if we shut down Portis. Also, as you all know, I don't think anyone can stop our rushing attack if we stick with the run.

The coaches did a good job last week of establishing offensive rhythm. Specifically that applies to the TJ to Wade connection, as well as the swing pass to Peterson early. TJ was not asked to make any tough throws. Unfortunately the turnovers derailed our rhythm.

It will be interesting what th Redskins try to do when we shut down their run. Collins and Cooley are not enough to beat us. I expect some trick plays.

QB: Push
    RB: Vikes
    WR: Skins
    OL: Vikes
    DL: Vikes
    LB: Vikes
    DB: Skins
    ST: Push

Vikings 20, Redskins 17.
    Very nice analysis my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Peterson has a monster game.

Taylor has 76 yards.

Wade has over 100 receiving.

Vikings 49
    Skins 4
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    Peterson has a monster game.

Taylor has 76 yards.

Wade has over 100 receiving.

Vikings 49
    Skins 4
    Your getting damn close to being awarded the coveted degree to practice as an optimist on here.
    Keep it up and I might give you one of these (with Webby's permission of course).
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

This game is so important that our 5-0 run could be worthless,Knock on wood,Keeping with my awful predictions,there I go...

Vikes 17-Redskins 31.

El underdog.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I will say that this game is just big because of playoff implications. It's also big because we have not beat a legitimate team in a while. We are 2-3 vs. current playoff teams. In fact we have beaten two teams with a winning record all year. That won't change if we beat the Redskins, but we are going to get their best shot. There is no way Washignton comes out flat for this game. I hope we come out firing on all cylinders too.

The fact that this streak is against average teams worries me when it comes to the playoffs. The streak is incredible, but this is the best team we have played in a month (some would argue since week 10 at GB).

Either way, a win means a winning season, which I can't really complain about.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Slightly modified repost from the "Rodney Dangerfield" thread:

The turnover battle is obviously going to be a major factor in who wins this game.
    However, I'm actually not as worried about them as most people seem to be.
    Remember that only two of the turnovers credited to T-Jack against the Bears were actually his fault, and he seemed to recover quickly from them.
    As long as he can play as well as he did in the preceding weeks, we won't beat ourselves.
    This is a very crucial if, though.

I think the Redskins will need to take the same approach I've suggested the Vikings to take in previous weeks if they actually want to successfully disrupt the pass as well as the run: blitz creatively.
    Disguise who's being sent - don't just come out in the vanilla "eight-man" package on every play.
    At the same time, maintain gap discipline.
    This is very difficult to do consistently, and ultimately, if you don't penetrate or seal the gaps quickly enough, teams can find a way around it.

It all depends on the play of the offensive line, and although the Redskins defense is pretty solid (at the very least, it's not a weakness), I think we have the edge over the Redskins in that regard.
    This is gearing up to be a defense/ball-control oriented affair, and I'll take ours over theirs.

Vikings 27, Redskins 14 (give or take one touchdown for either team)

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

This game is going to be all about Jackson. Can he make some throws early and allow the coaches the oppurtunity to open up the playbook as little. Their D is good, Williams is a great D coordinator and will come prepared. I don't think we will see the Vikes turn it over in this game. I think we will see Collins turn it over at least once. Vikes should be able to pressure Collins in the pocket and create some oppurtunities. Don't see a lot of scoring on either side, a classic D battle. I'm sure Chilldress will play this pretty close to the vest, try to make sure we don't beat ourselves. Gibbs will no doubt allow Saunders to take some chances, especially in the pass game so should be interesting. Vikes win. 8)

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

A tough fought bruiser of a game that could go either way, probably right up until the last snap!
    I think this game will test toughness and depth on both sides...

That was one ugly first half we played on Mon night!
    The Skins beat the Bears, so they figure they can play with us too.
    Hopefully, getting to play the night game two weeks in a row will help our young guys deal with the extra pressure!!!

Which, has been steadily building each week...our playoffs started when we upset the Giants.
    DET was a must win game.
    On the road @SF where we laid the egg last year was big too.
    CHI on MNF was huge!
    The bears always play us tough, its the truest, BLACK N BLUEST game of the year!
    (*check out their injury report...HAR!*)
    The skins hold the tiebreaker, they win, they're probably in, same as us.

Gotta say, the intensity has got to be good experience for the young TJack!
    Hopefully, he'll really be ready next year!!!
    SKOL!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Smoot will call all the D plays and will force a couple of 3-and-outs. Then #64 will come around the corner on a lead block after pulling and render Smoot unconscious. Jackson will then go 12 for 12 with 3 td's. Peterson and Taylor will combine for 214 tds and 3 td's. Plus Williams (take your pick) will force a safety. The dome will be loud. Smoot will be booed before getting laid out.
    Sound predictions! ;D
    Tuco the world.....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Smoot will call all the D plays and will force a couple of 3-and-outs. Then #64 will come around the corner on a lead block after pulling and render Smoot unconscious. Jackson will then go 12 for 12 with 3 td's. Peterson and Taylor will combine for 214 tds and 3 td's. Plus Williams (take your pick) will force a safety. The dome will be loud. Smoot will be booed before getting laid out.
    Sound predictions! ;D
    Smoot is gonna be calling his Mom when he's done playing us.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast