Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Jarlvik is offline Rookie

Vikings VS Rams Postgame Thread

BTW, sign Percy! Quit messing around!
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    The scary part is this is his contract year. Cut his jiggly asteroid!
    Sadly though, earlier this season Spielman stated he was working hard on trying to get Loadholt resigned before FA.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    A lot of Ponders bad crap happens when he is rushed. His foot work is awful when he is pressure. A lot of his inconsistency comes from inconsistent foot work, not stepping into the throws and backing up to avoid getting hit. I am not sure how, when or if he will correct it.

I do agree he did better today.

Our defense was making Bradford look silly most of the day.
    Yet Bradford still passed for 377 yards & 3 TDs. Ponder 133 yards, 0 TD's & was only sacked twice more than Ponder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AF_Viking View Post
    AD.
    Walsh.
    Win.

I can not stand watching AJ Jefferson Play I do not want this kid on our team. If Robinson would learn to locate the damn ball he would be amazing hes always in the right spot just has no idea the ball is coming. I also hope we trade fumblehart in the off season and find a more traditional 3rd down back I find my self wanting to punch babies when this guy enters the game.

My first post.
    +1
    Did you just +1 yourself?
    And on that post?
    I think the +1 was just for his first post. It's like scoring your first TD, you have to celebrate lol.

Personally I have flashbacks to the 9ers game whenever I see TG enter the game. And when they put him in at the end of the game it's the Vikes way of saying we're done trying in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    BTW, did anyone else notice that we never had a losing record this season?
    You're right, we never slipped below .500 at any point this year. Much credit goes to our ability to hang onto the ball. We're 5-0 when we win the turnover battle, 3-0 when the turnover battle is even, and 0-6 when we lose the turnover battle.

Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    I couldn't be more surprised that the Vikings are in the playoff hunt in week 14. Great win. Peterson is simply the best RB in the game today.

Regarding the MVP race, I will defer to Deion Sanders from the NFL Network:

Stop this mess & give this man the MVP & stop playing. If you don't give him the MVP don't call it MVP. Call it MVQB.
    Classic Deion and he's right, it's ridiculous, they should just name the best QB, then have a separate MVP for all other players.

Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    2nd half

i'm not sure, but i mentioned this to dad, i think they'll sit in prevent, and just run, run, run to eat up the clock now for the rest of the game. we'll see 20 points but games over. sure enouf we went into passive mode. we had some great blitzes schemed in the 1st half, and seemed to have so much more preasure and ability to hold them down. but in the second we seemed to let off the gass, and just hold the emergency break.

thanks to walsh though we can do that!!

DiGiTaL
    The Vikings have been plagued with this passive approach for far too long. You'd think a franchise known for classic choke jobs would have learned by now not to take their foot off their opponents throat when they have them down. It's like I understand you want the opponent to complete passes in the middle of the field, but do they have to leave the middle so wide open? Can't they drop 1 guy back in that middle zone to at least make the throw difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlvik View Post
    I was concerned when Longwell was released but no longer.
    Time to get the kid a nickname. Try to do better than "the Blair Walsh Project" that was mentioned during the game.
    Thoughts?
    I thought they had a pretty good nick for the Rams kicker "Legatron". Oddly enough, the Blair Walsh wiki page has his nick listed as Legatron too, so something's not right lol.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    You're right, we never slipped below .500 at any point this year. Much credit goes to our ability to hang onto the ball. We're 5-0 when we win the turnover battle, 3-0 when the turnover battle is even, and 0-6 when we lose the turnover battle.
    Now THAT is a pretty telling stat line.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    ???

Did you watch the same game I did? Ponder was not "intolerable" by any stretch of the imagination, and the playcalling did not seem predictable or unimaginative.

Ponder was not great, but not horrible either. He was neither good nor bad. The playcalling was conservative and run heavy - exactly what I would hope for considering the team right now. But there was a fair amount of play action, and several runs where the blocking scheme went one way but AD and a lone blocker went the other. I thought the playcalling was right on today.
    What I saw was a team up huge at half sputter continually on offense which Ponder quarterbacked. I saw the Vikings put up a whole 6 points in the second half. I saw the Rams get back in a game they never should have had a sniff at. Ponder was/is intolerable because he cannot be trusted to make a play. Our run scheme is very good, I'm not denying that. Peterson is getting run blocking. I am saying the pass game is still depolrable and if we get Ponder in a third and long he cannot get the job done. If that ain't bad I don't know what is. That is intolerable to my way of thinking.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Now THAT is a pretty telling stat line.
    That also shows how closely teams are matched in today's NFL. The teams that makes the fewest mistakes typically wins.

You have to give some credit to the Vikings for their overall improved play this year over last. Last year not only did we allow teams to come back late in games, but we let them overtake us even after getting significant early leads. This year, we've done a better job of preserving the win when getting an early lead.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yet Bradford still passed for 377 yards & 3 TDs. Ponder 133 yards, 0 TD's & was only sacked twice more than Ponder.
    You're missing Bradford's pick 6 and Ponder's rush for 6 which are both pretty big too....especially Ponder's TD cause I really don't think he could have made a TD pass on that drive. But then to be perfectly honest Ponder's performance in that game isn't anything special and could have been done by a mistake free Tarvaris Jackson. In the end Jackson was let go cause we needed more from the position and at this point I have a really hard time seeing Ponder doing anything more himself other than protect the ball and not run into Peterson as AD carries the offense.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast