Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AF_Viking Guest
    AD.
    Walsh.
    Win.

I can not stand watching AJ Jefferson Play I do not want this kid on our team. If Robinson would learn to locate the damn ball he would be amazing hes always in the right spot just has no idea the ball is coming. I also hope we trade fumblehart in the off season and find a more traditional 3rd down back I find my self wanting to punch babies when this guy enters the game.

My first post.
    +1

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think that's the first time Johnson has been with Ponder between series, just that it's the first time they aired it.

As far as Musgrave's play card, it doesn't have to be huge to contain a handful of plays like AD left, AD right, AD up the middle & bubble pass. Due to it's size either Ponder hasn't learned the playbook or that's the only plays he believes Ponder can execute with success.

The back side of the card probably does contain recipes, but how to serve crow probably isn't one of them.
    They had mentioned that Johnson was moved down from the booth to be on the sidelines this game during the broadcast and that he had been upstairs for the other games this season.

But it looks like Craig was moved down to field level mid November

LINK
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 12-16-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It was a nice win & great to see us take a huge lead. Ponder actually started with a nice series even though it was a 45 yard drive, but couldn't do it the whole game. Thank God for Walsh's leg & AD's running ability. After that 1st offensive series I thought he'd be getting contained a lot more than he did.

Simpson had 4 catches & Carlson 3. Who would have guessed that? I wasn't happy that we had great field position on 3 other drives other than the 1st drive & only came away with 6 points. Converting only 2 of 11 3rd downs isn't that great either.

Loadholt: Can the guy go a game without drawing a penalty?
    The scary part is this is his contract year. Cut his jiggly asteroid!
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    W! AD Beast! Walsh-Awesome! Ponder - BLOWS!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by AF_Viking View Post
    AD.
    Walsh.
    Win.

I can not stand watching AJ Jefferson Play I do not want this kid on our team. If Robinson would learn to locate the damn ball he would be amazing hes always in the right spot just has no idea the ball is coming. I also hope we trade fumblehart in the off season and find a more traditional 3rd down back I find my self wanting to punch babies when this guy enters the game.

My first post.
    +1
    Did you just +1 yourself?
    And on that post?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

AF_Viking Guest

Vikings VS Rams Postgame Thread

I did. You're welcome.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AF_Viking View Post
    AD.
    Walsh.
    Win.

My first post.
    +1
    I was with you right up until that last sentence.

I think Robinson is going to be great, ball awareness comes with experience. Love AD. Love Walsh. Love Smith. Hating Jefferson today/.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    BTW, did anyone else notice that we never had a losing record this season?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Lousy second half- Rams got back in and if not for a huge field goal to set us up 14 it's a different game. Looked like the defense got tired or we played too soft. The offense stalled and could only put up Walsh bombs in the second half. This game should have been out of reach but we let the Rams hang around. The lack of a passing game and scoring out of it is really hurting us. If not for Peterson we have zero offense. Ponder is getting almost intolerable to watch and the playcalling is predictable and unimaginative. I'm happy we're still in the playoff picture, however unlikely, but we have too many flaws to be taken seriously. Peterson is definitely MVP but media darling Manning will get it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It was nice to finally play a good game.

Ponder wasn't awful, wasn't good, but didn't screw up too much. Would be nice to have a more consistent pass game though.

AP - More to be said? Dude is a straight up beast.

OL: Not terrible, but there were some pretty bad moments. Then again, there were some good ones.

WR: HOLY CRAP! I saw some receptions, with hands. I saw simpson NOT catch a short ball with his chest, but with his hands instead! Baffling. If only we could get them the ball better.

FB: Offensive MVP!!! (after, you know) Sadly, this could very well be true. Felton has had a great season, he was making very solid blocks, helping break AP free. Love it.

DL: Despite not having good statistical numbers, they were playing quite well. In Bradford's face all day.

LB: Again, solid. Looked lost in coverage at times, but other times played rather well. Need to tackle better though.

CB: GOod game actually. Robinson got owned on that jump ball, but the receiver played it real well, not much you can do about that.

S: I noticed the receivers didn't seem too interested in staying on their feet in the secondary, knowing Smith would take their head off. However, were out of position too often for my liking.

Coaching: 1st half: A. 2nd Half: C-

I expect they would tune it down in the second half, but 6 points is unacceptable. Go close out the game early, instead of allowing the Rams to rally and make it a game. Musgrave MUST go.

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    The scary part is this is his contract year. Cut his jiggly asteroid!
    As annoying as Loadholt can be, we can't cut him without at least replacing him. We could do MUCH worse at the RT position.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast