Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings vs. Raiders post-game articles

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Jackson is left standing, and satisfied[/size]

Tarvaris Jackson threw for 171 yards Sunday in the Vikings' 29-22 victory against Oakland. He committed two turnovers, including an interception in the end zone.

Last update: November 18, 2007 – 8:22 PM

startribune.com

Tarvaris Jackson threw for 171 yards Sunday in the Vikings' 29-22 victory against Oakland. He committed two turnovers, including an interception in the end zone....
    I actually thought he had more than two bad plays (Int/Fumble).
    He made a couple of bad throws as well, however, even the great Lord Farvreeee and Brady made a couple of bad ones during thier games yesterday as well.

;D
    17 for 22.
    That's all I need to read.

=Z=
    I agree.
    I have been saying it all year.
    I don't need him to be Joe Montanna.
    I just want him to be effective.

For the first time I actually think the passing game helped to set up the run.
    Thats all I want to see.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' Chad Greenway goes from hero to goat to relieved[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/18/2007 10:42:41 PM CST

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

No one has to tell that to Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway, who did a number of good things in Sunday's 29-22 win over Oakland but still was in danger of being fitted for goat horns near the end....

He made one bad play in an other wise strong performance.
    I don't think he would have been the goat.
    The lost fumble was the one black mark on an otherwise strong game for Greenway, who tied for second on
    Advertisement
    the team with seven tackles and recovered a third-quarter Culpepper fumble that ended a Raiders scoring threat.

Add in two passes defensed, and it probably was the best game of the season for last year's No. 1 draft choice.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson threw for 171 yards Sunday in the Vikings' 29-22 victory against Oakland. He committed two turnovers, including an interception in the end zone.

startribune.com

Tarvaris Jackson threw for 171 yards Sunday in the Vikings' 29-22 victory against Oakland. He committed two turnovers, including an interception in the end zone....
    I actually thought he had more than two bad plays (Int/Fumble). He made a couple of bad throws as well, however, even the great Lord Farvreeee and Brady made a couple of bad ones during thier games yesterday as well.
    ;D
    17 for 22.

=Z=
    I agree.

Thats all I want to see.
    I abrely consider the fumble to be a bad play.
    He didn't feel the pressure of the rusher and he held onto the ball too long.
    But that is part of football - I haven't rewatched the game yet so I don't know if there was a WR open or not, but it looked like a coverage sack to me.
    The INT in the end zone, however, was an absolutely
    horrible decision.

TJack played a decent game, and we won.
    With out running game and defense, we don't need him to put up Brady like numbers.
    We just need him to be average and we can win.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

startribune.com

I actually thought he had more than two bad plays (Int/Fumble). He made a couple of bad throws as well, however, even the great Lord Farvreeee and Brady made a couple of bad ones during thier games yesterday as well.

;D
    17 for 22.

=Z=
    I agree.

Thats all I want to see.
    I abrely consider the fumble to be a bad play.
    He didn't feel the pressure of the rusher and he held onto the ball too long.
    But that is part of football - I haven't rewatched the game yet so I don't know if there was a WR open or not, but it looked like a coverage sack to me.
    The INT in the end zone, however, was an absolutely
    horrible decision.

TJack played a decent game, and we won.
    With out running game and defense, we don't need him to put up Brady like numbers.
    We just need him to be average and we can win.
    It actually was pretty damn close to being a nice pass.
    He just made the read a fraction of a second to late.
    A bit sooner or a bit higher and it would have been a TD.

Hopefully that stuff is happening a bit slower for him or will slow down so he can make those reads quicker.

I for one think it was a good sign that a play like that didn't seem to rattle him any.

Wonder how well he would be doing if it wasn't for those damn injuries.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

startribune.com

What I've seen when TJack is playing is double coverage deep... he's not throwing into single coverage they way Brooks was.
    This can mean two things... either the defenses aren't biting on play action as well or they respect TJack's arm strength more.
    Either way, double coverage on wideouts is good news for our RBs and TEs.

I actually thought he had more than two bad plays (Int/Fumble).
    He made a couple of bad throws as well, however, even the great Lord Farvreeee and Brady made a couple of bad ones during thier games yesterday as well.
    ;D
    17 for 22.

=Z=
    I agree.

Thats all I want to see.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Warren Sapp seethes as Raiders fall to Vikings[/size]

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI AP Sports Writer
    Article Launched: 11/19/2007 04:15:21 AM PST

MINNEAPOLIS—As the Oakland Raiders prepare to enter yet another irrelevant December, at least one player has had enough.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]On this day, last laugh goes to Vikings[/size]

By JIM SOUHAN, Minneapolis Star Tribune
    The Daily Telegram

Published Monday, November 19, 2007

MINNEAPOLIS — One week after Dwight Smith opened a Laugh Factory on the Lambeau Field sideline during one of the worst losses in franchise history, the Minnesota Vikings were the ones cracking the jokes....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:

MINNEAPOLIS—As the Oakland Raiders prepare to enter yet another irrelevant December, at least one player has had enough.....
    I couldn't get it to come up Singer, but I have read the article in a couple of different venues.
    All pretty bad from a Vet of his stature.

For those of you who contend that our players have given up, this is a prime example of what it is like when a player (respected Vet by the way) quits on thier coach and team.

Here is another one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=3118348

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I couldn't get it to come up Singer, but I have read the article in a couple of different venues.

For those of you who contend that our players have given up, this is a prime example of what it is like when a player (respected Vet by the way) quits on thier coach and team.

Here is another one.

Unless I missed it, I've not seen anything like this on Childress' team....although some are saying he has lost the team.
    It appears to me the team is still on board with whatever plan they have.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Here is another one.

Unless I missed it, I've not seen anything like this on Childress' team....although some are saying he has lost the team.
    It appears to me the team is still on board with whatever plan they have.
    There was a bit of a shouting match between Wade and TJ (very small/happens all the time stuff) and a TJ and Chiller issue during the very same game.

Then there was Sharper yapping/aluding to the fact that it is the coaches faults for not putting them in the right positions to win/excel which I think has been quieted by his shitty play since he opened his yap.

But to say that the team has quit and isn't buying into what the staff is selling is crap.

As a matter of fact, early on in the Raiders game I thought EJ was gonna run to the has mark with B-Wade after catching a pass.......

2-10-MIN 38
    (3:19) 7-T.Jackson pass short right to 19-B.Wade to MIN 49 for 11 yards (26-S.Routt).

You could almost hear his words of encouragement after B-wade Fumbled it away on his previous catch.

2-8-MIN 49
    (7:39) 7-T.Jackson pass to 19-B.Wade to OAK 46 for 5 yards (55-R.Thomas). FUMBLES (55-R.Thomas), RECOVERED by OAK-52-K.Morrison at OAK 47.

Anyway, ever the optimist, I still see this team playing as a team with very little infighting or crap that would be associated with a win/loss record we have.

I attribute that to a good coaching staff and key Veteran leadership.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123