Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: VIKINGS vs PUKERS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

jrjohn wrote:
    Marr, I like your observation regarding if Chilly stays, it's because Wiffe wanted Brett, and if Chilly gets fired, it's because he wanted Brett. Somebody is saying "I told you so"

Here's my thinking. For the owner of the Vikings, Brett ment the stadium would be sold out every game, Brett ment MONEY, and lots of it. It may have been short term money, but in this economy you have to take the money thats given to you because you may not have the opportunity again. The owners wanted Brett. If you really want to figure things out, follow the money, thats what detectives do.

Chilly doesn't care about the money, his salary is set, all he cares about is his reputation and winning. Given the arguments with Brett, given the fact that the Vikings lost the last four games in 2009 ( I think it was four) given the fact that Brett had to think about if he wanted to play or not (any coach or boss hates that) Given the dumb throw late in the Saints game that snatched the Vikings from the SB, I'd have to think Chilly didn't want Favre.
    All a moot/mute point now.

Worst thing that can ever happen to a organization is for a HC to be fired in the season.

Alas, it has happened to the team I love.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    Marr, I like your observation regarding if Chilly stays, it's because Wiffe wanted Brett, and if Chilly gets fired, it's because he wanted Brett. Somebody is saying "I told you so"

Here's my thinking. For the owner of the Vikings, Brett ment the stadium would be sold out every game, Brett ment MONEY, and lots of it. It may have been short term money, but in this economy you have to take the money thats given to you because you may not have the opportunity again. The owners wanted Brett. If you really want to figure things out, follow the money, thats what detectives do.

Chilly doesn't care about the money, his salary is set, all he cares about is his reputation and winning. Given the arguments with Brett, given the fact that the Vikings lost the last four games in 2009 ( I think it was four) given the fact that Brett had to think about if he wanted to play or not (any coach or boss hates that) Given the dumb throw late in the Saints game that snatched the Vikings from the SB, I'd have to think Chilly didn't want Favre.
    All a moot/mute point now.

Worst thing that can ever happen to a organization is for a HC to be fired in the season.

Don't like the ways decisions are being made right now and I have many concerns going forward unless Zygi starts distancing himself from day to day activities. He is even less qualified than Jerry Jones.

Last year we have a good record and Childress gets a 5 year extension. This year we have a bad record and Childress gets fired. How many people on this site feel comfortable that Zygi will make the right hire next time.

For all those that think Childress was clueless, you should be the most concerned. It probably just hasn't sunk in yet.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    I think if the plane crashed and all the players, coaches and executives on it died, that would be worse.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Oh, boo hoo.

Oh, boo hoo hoo.

Thanks for the melodrama and the wonderful laughs, my friend.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:

Oh, boo hoo.

Oh, boo hoo hoo.

Coming from the guy who doesn't know the difference between Webb and TJ when he sees him on camera.

When a team has to resort to this level mid season is not a good thing.

Even you, who I don't think knows crap about the game, should even know that.

Things are not gonna get better, they are gonna get worse.

The Owner is now calling the shots (Welcome to Jerry Jones world) and we already know he doesn't know anything about the game.

Add to that the little fact that he made the D-coord the interim. You know, the guy with arguably the best DL in the league, who can't get a sack out of them.

You wanna talk football. Lets talk football. You wanna talk stupid stuff, I can do that to, but don't gimme the "melodrama" comments.

Again, I don't think you know squat about the game so I will have to continue with the "melodrama" crap I suppose. Last time we went at it, you resorted to rabbit holes and fairy tale creatures.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I think if the plane crashed and all the players, coaches and executives on it died, that would be worse.

=Z=
    Your probably correct in that regard.

Barring that.........its gonna get uglier before it gets better.

Lets just hope the new guy, whomever it is (its surely not gonna be Leslie) doesn't have to gut the team.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Oh, boo hoo.

Oh, boo hoo hoo.

Coming from the guy who doesn't know the difference between Webb and TJ when he sees him on camera.
    Maybe this will help:

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Oh, boo hoo.

Oh, boo hoo hoo.

Maybe this will help:

=Z=
    LOL, I still marvel that he says some of the crap he says. Well, maybe not that he says the stuff, but that he actually believes it and thinks we will as well. :laugh:

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Mardro said:

Again, I don't think you know squat about the game so I will have to continue with the "melodrama" crap I suppose.
    And I applaud you, my friend!!!

You look so charming trying to whine whilst you chew on that huge black crow.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:
    Mardro said:

Again, I don't think you know squat about the game so I will have to continue with the "melodrama" crap I suppose.
    And I applaud you, my friend!!!

You look so charming trying to whine whilst you chew on that huge black crow.

I told you can't talk football.

Quick question, how am I eating crow?

I had issues with the Chiller long before you showed up around here. Just cause I think you need consistency with respect to leadership roles in this league and its dumb to change a HC mid season doesn't mean that opinion has changed about him.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast