Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Sharper to Favre: Try going deep, I'll be ready[/size]

    Last update: November 05, 2007 – 10:49 PM

    JUDD ZULGAD
    startribune.com



    Darren Sharper knows Brett Favre is playing some of the best football of his career, and the Vikings safety has seen the highlights of his former teammate completing touchdown passes of 79, 82 and 60 yards in the Packers' most recent victories at Denver and Kansas City....
    Yeah D-Sharp!!!

    ALL DAY!!!

  2. #12
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    I'd love to see Chilly call a play action pass to the Tight End down field on the very first play from Scrimmage. Line up with the typical hand off to Peterson Package, even start the receiver in motion to the side you think we are going to run too, and get GB to commit to the run with 8 in box and defensive backs coming up and just burn em. Of course everyone has to be able to sell it for it to work....including a great fake from Bollinger to A.P.
    Bollinger is better than a lot of folks think. He is a smart QB that has been around long enough to read defensive scheems well too. We can afford to play action pass in this game in some run situations just to keep GB off ballance. Of course we should run A.P and C.Tay a lot too. The Chargers expected us to run too and we did not disappoint them. Green Bay will try and stop the run obviously and they will be expecting us to run on the very first play from scrimmage. So why not cross em up?? I know it's a "Mike Martz" kinda call so I doubt it will happen. Chilly isn't that kind of risk taker is he?



    JMHO.



    Cheers!

    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  3. #13
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I'd love to see Chilly call a play action pass to the Tight End down field on the very first play from Scrimmage. Line up with the typical hand off to Peterson Package, even start the receiver in motion to the side you think we are going to run too, and get GB to commit to the run with 8 in box and defensive backs coming up and just burn em. Of course everyone has to be able to sell it for it to work....including a great fake from Bollinger to A.P.
    Bollinger is better than a lot of folks think. He is a smart QB that has been around long enough to read defensive scheems well too. We can afford to play action pass in this game in some run situations just to keep GB off ballance. Of course we should run A.P and C.Tay a lot too. The Chargers expected us to run too and we did not disappoint them. Green Bay will try and stop the run obviously and they will be expecting us to run on the very first play from scrimmage. So why not cross em up?? I know it's a "Mike Martz" kinda call so I doubt it will happen. Chilly isn't that kind of risk taker is he?



    JMHO.



    Cheers!

    we did pass first last game... so i could see it happening

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    [size=13pt]Vikings-Packers Part II[/size]

    11/8/2007
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com




    Pass defense has continually been a problem for the Vikings over the last two seasons, as evidenced by the fact that they ranked last in that category in 2006 and are currently last this season. But last week the Vikings defense held Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers to just 197 yards passing, by far the fewest they’ve allowed a single opponent this season.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' defense hopes to stay in attack mode[/size]

    Vikings' defense hopes to remain in attack mode against Packers

    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

    Article Last Updated: 11/08/2007 11:38:27 PM CST



    The question: Have they found the solution to their pass-defense problem? Or is what worked against Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers a less-effective strategy against Green Bay's Brett Favre and some of the other quarterbacks they'll face the rest of the way?....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    [size=13pt]Surging Packers have all day to stop Vikings' Peterson[/size]

    Posted 15h 16m ago


    By Chris Jenkins, AP Sports Writer

    usatoday.com


    GREEN BAY, Wis. — Adrian Peterson is the only running back the Green Bay Packers haven't been able to stop this season.
    Of course, they didn't really have to. Vikings coach Brad Childress took care of it for them......



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    [size=13pt]Friday Insider[/size]

    11/9/2007

    By Mike Wobschall, Mike Spofford
    vikings.com



    This week the Vikings travel to Green Bay, which means packers.com writer Mike Spofford will join vikings.com once again to provide a preview of Sunday’s game.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' defense hopes to stay in attack mode[/size]

    Vikings' defense hopes to remain in attack mode against Packers

    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

    Article Last Updated: 11/08/2007 11:38:27 PM CST



    The question: Have they found the solution to their pass-defense problem? Or is what worked against Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers a less-effective strategy against Green Bay's Brett Favre and some of the other quarterbacks they'll face the rest of the way?....

    In addition to the blitzing, cornerback Cedric Griffin said the Vikings played more man-to-man coverage in that game, with about a 50-50 mix between man and zone.

    Like most corners, he said he prefers man when it fits into the game plan.

    Frazier agreed that the combination of that and a blitzing style could be the best way for the Vikings to improve their 31st-ranked pass defense.

    "Without question," Frazier said. "It's part of my background, and part of it depends on your personnel, too.
    I know Sharper will be happy with more man coverage.
    Wasn't there an article a couple of weeks ago that talked about his stats going down since the move to cover 2?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    I know Sharper will be happy with more man coverage.
    Wasn't there an article a couple of weeks ago that talked about his stats going down since the move to cover 2?
    Yep........

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39308.0

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles

    [size=13pt]Jackson, Winfield, Rice, Edwards questionable for Vikings-Packers [/size]

    Posted 16h ago

    usatoday.com


    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Once again, the Minnesota Vikings will delay naming their starting quarterback until Sunday's pregame warmups.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings vs. Packers game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 12:40 PM
  2. Vikings vs. Packers post-game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
  3. Post game articles - Vikings vs Packers
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 03:07 AM
  4. Vikings vs. Packers - Pre-game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 03:24 AM
  5. Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles & predictions
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 06:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •