Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings vs. Packers pre-game articles & predictions

Yeah, GB's O line is gonna eat us up & over the hill Ahman Green is gonna run all over us. This is the ghey'est thing that I've heard this week.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Slade" wrote:
    Yeah, GB's O line is gonna eat us up & over the hill Ahman Green is gonna run all over us. This is the ghey'est thing that I've heard this week.
    For a bunch of rookies, GB's front line is playing pretty damn good.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Rain is going to help the Vikes. It will take the ball out of Favre's hands and make them run the ball...so they'll be playing to our strength. It will also take the ball out of Tarvaris's hands a bit, so he won't feel pressured to win the game for us.

I say Vikes win 17-14.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Found this link on KSVMB.
    Good story!
    Way to go Syd!

[size=10pt]'Cheese-Free' — a Vikings fan loyal to the extreme [/size]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...oted-fan_x.htm
    Updated 12/21/2006 12:12 AM ET
    By Tom Pedulla, USA TODAY
    MINNEAPOLIS — Syd Davy is vanishing in full view.
    One of the NFL's most fanatical fans has already donned purple camouflage pants and a purple muscle shirt that bears the nickname of the team he lives for, the Minnesota Vikings. Next comes face paint, a yellow mustache and eyebrows against a backdrop of Vikings purple.

He adds six rings, three on each hand, and then straps on a championship belt that reads VWO: "Vikings World Order." Each wristband bears the same abbreviation.

Then he drapes chain mail around his massive chest and shoulders before he reaches for a horned helmet that has yellow braids descending from each side.

Davy, a train engineer who lives an otherwise unremarkable life as a Canadian citizen in Winnipeg with his wife, Susan, and their cat, Angel, is gone.

Meet "100 percent Cheese-Free," a Nordic hero with such fervor for the Vikings and such enmity for the archrival Green Bay Packers and their "cheesehead" followers that he enjoys rock-star status here as he leaves a downtown hotel for a recent game against the struggling Arizona Cardinals.

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

ec179299 is offline Rookie

It almost feels like a new season with Jackson starting (too bad it isnt). It is nice to know going into the game that if our o-line plays the roll of bull fighters our qb will actually be able to move around rather than duck or move into the pressure.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

[size=20pt]Vikings Pin Playoff Hopes on Rookie QB[/size]
    http://www.topix.net/content/ap/2330...13522431598098
    The AP by Chris Jenkins
    Needing a victory to preserve their thin playoff hopes, the Minnesota Vikings have a road game against a division opponent with three-time MVP Brett Favre on the other sideline.

It's the perfect time to make a switch to a rookie quarterback, right?

Tarvaris Jackson, a second-round pick out of Alabama State, will start the final two games of the season for the Vikings (6-8), beginning with their game against the Green Bay Packers (6-8) at Lambeau Field on Thursday night.

Vikings coach Brad Childress pulled veteran Brad Johnson on Sunday in favor of Jackson in the closing seconds of the third quarter against the New York Jets. The Vikings still lost the game, but Childress liked what he saw from the rookie.

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    Found this link on KSVMB.
    Good story!
    Way to go Syd!

[size=10pt]'Cheese-Free' — a Vikings fan loyal to the extreme [/size]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...oted-fan_x.htm
    Updated 12/21/2006 12:12 AM ET
    By Tom Pedulla, USA TODAY
    MINNEAPOLIS — Syd Davy is vanishing in full view.
    One of the NFL's most fanatical fans has already donned purple camouflage pants and a purple muscle shirt that bears the nickname of the team he lives for, the Minnesota Vikings. Next comes face paint, a yellow mustache and eyebrows against a backdrop of Vikings purple.

He adds six rings, three on each hand, and then straps on a championship belt that reads VWO: "Vikings World Order." Each wristband bears the same abbreviation.

Then he drapes chain mail around his massive chest and shoulders before he reaches for a horned helmet that has yellow braids descending from each side.

Davy, a train engineer who lives an otherwise unremarkable life as a Canadian citizen in Winnipeg with his wife, Susan, and their cat, Angel, is gone.

Meet "100 percent Cheese-Free," a Nordic hero with such fervor for the Vikings and such enmity for the archrival Green Bay Packers and their "cheesehead" followers that he enjoys rock-star status here as he leaves a downtown hotel for a recent game against the struggling Arizona Cardinals.

I see him at just about every game.

[img width=400 height=328]http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/12/20/davy-large.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123