Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    I still blame Smoot.
    You ba$tard!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    One thing that I think is apparent after the playoff loss...

People who did not like Spielman before will blame Spielman for not having a better option at backup QB.

People who did not like Ponder before will blame Ponder for not being able to play.

People who did not like Webb before will blame Webb for putting in the worst QB performance in postseason history.

And so on and so on... Don't worry PP.O faithful - whoever you have predetermined to hate and complain about, I am sure there is a way you can blame this loss on them too.

It sucks losing in the playoffs, even more so when it is to a divisional rival and it is an ass kicking. But don't let the negativity overshadow all of the positives from this season. We do still have a long way to go, but we made bigger strides than even I thought possible this season. If we can have another great draft like last year, and not crap the bed in Free Agency again like last year, then I think we will continue to build on our success this year.

Skol Vikings!
    I'm not a huge fan of Spielman yet, but I believe he made the right move choosing Webb over Sage.

I'm not a huge fan of Ponder either, but I certainly don't blame Ponder for not playing. I believe if he could have, he would have.

I liked Webb before, but I still blame him for a terrible QB performance. Many of those throws simply weren't timing issues, they were awful. His decisions to throw the ball away & the way he did it are unexplainable.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    ReFo: Vikings @ Packers

Here's how ProFootball Focus graded out some of the players.

Negatives:
    Webb: -5.4, -7.6 in passing
    Charlie Johnson: -4.1
    Fusco: -1.6

Positives:
    Peterson: no grade, but said he had his second best performance of the year. Blamed poor blocking mostly on Johnson and Fusco as the reason for lack of production.
    Fred Evans: +5.9
    Harison Smith: +5.9

As a unit the Vikings’ defense was unable to contain the Packers as much as they needed to in order to keep this game close, but there were a few players that stood out. Fred Evans (+5.9) was the one defensive lineman who made plays in the backfield and around the line of scrimmage. On just 25 snaps he graded more than twice as well as any other DT for Minnesota, and late in the game he was still trying as hard as anybody. With 5:47 to go in the game, and things pretty much done, Evans still tore through T.J. Lang on a run play and torpedoed the run 5-yards deep in the backfield. The other standout from the game was rookie safety Harrison Smith (+5.9), who saved his finest performance of the year for the playoffs, even if it was ultimately in vain. Smith excelled in both coverage and against the run in this game, breaking up a pass in man-coverage on TE Jermichael Finley, but also shooting up to make tackles in the run game when needed. Smith can feel hard done by to miss out on the Pro Bowl in his first season, but if he can have days like this, and iron out the poor games, the Vikings have found a very good player.
    As to our cornerback's play:

– Antoine Winfield and Chris Cook, two of Minnesota’s top three corners, allowed 100% of the balls thrown at them to be caught. They combined to allow 9 catches for 115 yards.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I like the "blame who you already hate" theory. I'll throw my own target into the ring here by blaming...

The Chicago Bears. I hate them, even more than the Packers, and if they hadn't sucked quite so bad in the second half of the season, we never would have been in this position. Better Bears, no Vikings playoffs. Simple as that. I think we'd all have been happier ending up 10-6 with no playoffs but a fantastic four game finish. Sure, many would complain, but not nearly as bitterly.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

– Antoine Winfield and Chris Cook, two of Minnesota’s top three corners, allowed 100% of the balls thrown at them to be caught. They combined to allow 9 catches for 115 yards.

:
    I believe they refer to that as "playing within the system"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

Here's how ProFootball Focus graded out some of the players.

Negatives:
    Webb: -5.4, -7.6 in passing
    Charlie Johnson: -4.1
    Fusco: -1.6

Positives:
    Peterson: no grade, but said he had his second best performance of the year. Blamed poor blocking mostly on Johnson and Fusco as the reason for lack of production.
    Fred Evans: +5.9
    Harison Smith: +5.9

although I like Webb and feel bad for him, I put 100% of the blame for petersons average game on him. Not the Oline.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    What a smartass. Pretty f'n funny though. Thumbs up.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yep, the ole Tampa 2 defense. Give up the 10 yarders all day long, don't give up the big one.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678