Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I feel good about next year ... we had a hell of a season ... disappointed with the loss ... but hell of a year for sure ....

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by acman1 View Post
    I'm also in the camp, probably in the camp by myself eating cold cans of baked beans, that thinks that AP or AD, whatever he wants to be called, that all his rushing yards were pure luck. Just hitting lucky big runs. ATTACK!!!
    You're kidding right .... troll

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I'm also in the camp, probably in the camp by myself eating cold cans of baked beans, that thinks that AP or AD, whatever he wants to be called, that all his rushing yards were pure luck. Just hitting lucky big runs. ATTACK!!!
    Thats just non sense. I agree with the kdub penalty being a turning point. However nodak might be right the announcement of webb being the starter very well could have been the ultimate turning point.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Guhh

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    How did that Mayan calendar end of the world thing work out for you?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Not that it made a difference now, but I don't understand the 12 man penalty. The Packers never snapped the ball. Different rules on FG attempts? Every time I've seen extra defenders running off the field the offense has had to snap the ball to get the too many men on the field call.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    The NFL is getting to be like the WWE. Fricking contrived penalties, oddball spots, penalties for one and not another. Seems to me the more I watch, the more it reads like a soap opera. Brothers Harbaugh anyone? Or Rodgers vs Manning? Who would you like to see in the SB?

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Good season, I never expected 10 wins and our defense looked decent this year. I like a lot of the young players: Rudolph, Smith, Cook, Kalil, Walsh, Wright. There is one glaring area where we must address! QUARTERBACK! Webb and Ponder are not the answer. The NFL is a QB league. Look at all the other playoff teams: RG3, Luck, Manning, Ryan, Dalton, Rodgers, Shaub, Wilson. Where would Ponder rank on this list. In fact, If I took every starting QB in the NFL, where would Ponder rank? Bring in a Free Agent backup and lets have a competition already. (NO TEBOW)

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Disappointing end to a great season. When it was determined that Ponder couldn't play, the first thought that came to my mind was, "We're going to get killed!". The game actually turned out about the way I thought it would go - assuming Ponder was QB. Asking a backup QB who threw no passes in regular-season action to suddenly start at Green Bay in the playoffs is a lot to expect!

It was nice to see the Vikings get a TD pass, even if it was too little, too late. The team needs to be proud of their season, even though the game last night was disappointing. In the offseason, I think the team needs to be committed to addressing the needs of the NFL's 32nd-ranked passing offense. We need to make sure we can address the team needs at both QB and WR. This HAS to be a priority for 2013!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Not that it made a difference now, but I don't understand the 12 man penalty. The Packers never snapped the ball. Different rules on FG attempts? Every time I've seen extra defenders running off the field the offense has had to snap the ball to get the too many men on the field call.
    This year they changed the rule. As soon as the snap is imminent, the refs will blow the ball dead.

This game was a joke for a number of reasons.

a) Webb
    b) Defense in the first half
    c) Biased Refs

As I predicted, the team with the advantage here was the one who could pass in the weather, NOT the team who could run.

In the first drive, we have a heavy run game, sprinkling in some read option, and it worked GREAT. Webb misses Jenkins BADLY on third down and we settle for a field goal. Not horrible, if we can keep it up. Game turned around quickly with the KW offsides, the 12 men, and Rodgers torching our secondary.

Exactly three people came out to play today. Kluwe, Peterson and Harrison Smith (until he got hurt). Everybody else was horrible. (ok, Rudolph gets a pass today) Kalil got lit up, as did the rest of our line. Webb needs no explanation, Our receivers weren't making plays, our DL couldnt' get pressure, our LB couldn't cover, nor could our corners. Rodgers was picking apart our zone like it's his job (yeah, yeah, shaddup).

Everybody in the "give webb a chance" should be lining up for their crow. The guy is NOT an NFL passer. I don't think he's a top-90 QB in the league. This kind of performance made me actually miss Ponder.....

This game was just frustrating, because it would be a completely different game with Ponder in, or hell, even just some good playcalling. I don't understand abandoning the run after the first quarter. We had probably 10 runs or so to Peterson in the first two drives, 12 more in the whole game. Every time we used the read option, it seemed to get decent to good yardage. Why did we abandon that?

As Deion Sanders said in the recap: "When things like this happen at this point in the season, you have problems"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast